Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-11-2014   #1
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2014 Texans have waived/released...

Heard it on the radio.

No link yet

Maybe this thread should be an all encompassing Texans players released/not retained thread?

Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 7m
Texans released CB Brice McCain.
Expand
Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 7m
Brice McCain, a 6th round pick in 2009, has been the nickel CB for years.
Simply a bad re-signing by the Texans. McCain should have been allowed to walk in FA.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #2
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 3148 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Yah

Sent from the future...
BigBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #3
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brice McCain released

can't....control....my....happy...dance.....

now for #8....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #4
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank god.

I couldn't take another season of watching him chase down big plays from behind.
Old 03-11-2014   #5
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80155 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad he's gone but I hope we're not relying on crappy Brandon Harris as his replacement. I also really hope we're not relying on pathetic defensive back talent evaluator Rick Smith to pick a corner in the draft because he's proven to be completely awful at it.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

His release supposedly saves us 900k on the cap
Old 03-11-2014   #7
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
His release supposedly saves us 900k on the cap
I think I heard it wrong...

On the radio I think they said it was 900k dead money...But I know very little about the cap and contracts so. And I don't even know if I heard that right...
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2014   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235029 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

McCain was rated 110th out of 110 CBs overall in 2013 and 110th/110 in pass coverage by ProFootballFocus (>25% team snaps).

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Brice McCain was drafted by #Texans in 6th RD in 2009. played 72 games, 5 picks, 1 TD, 111 career tackles. played in all 16 games in 2013
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #9
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

While I am pleased to see him go, I will never get back the ten years that was taken off my life from watching him play. Best of luck in the future Brice.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
I think I heard it wrong...

On the radio I think they said it was 900k dead money...But I know very little about the cap and contracts so. And I don't even know if I heard that right...
It is $900k in dead money off a 2014 cap hit of $1.75 mil so a net cap savings of $850k.
Old 03-11-2014   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans have waived/released...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-brice-mccain/

For those who like linage
Old 03-11-2014   #12
_King_
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
It is $900k in dead money off a 2014 cap hit of $1.75 mil so a net cap savings of $850k.

Ahhhh....Ok...
Old 03-11-2014   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235029 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Texans released TE Owen Daniels.

The Texans saved $4.5 million on the cap by releasing Daniels.

Owen Daniels counted $6.25 million on the cap. He was scheduled to make $4.5 million. He's recovered from a fractured fibula.

Owen Daniels had been with the team since 2006 when he was a fourth-round pick. This means they must be re-signing TE Garrett Graham.
John Harris ‏@jharrisfootball
Quote:
NFL's current CBA seems to have an indirect impact on player safety going forward..."older" players are getting snipped at much earlier age

NFL dynamics for cap-strapped team RT @taniaganguli Have confirmed HT released Owen Daniels. Saves them $4.5 million in cap space.

Hate to say it, OD but "I earned it" or "I deserve to be here" is NOT what the world is anymore, in any walk of life. #livingproof

Last edited by Playoffs; 03-11-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #14
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 59s
Texans save $4.5 mil and take on $1.75 mil in dead money RT @McClain_on_NFL: Texans released TE Owen Daniels.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #15
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Garrett Graham, you're time to shine.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #16
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

BOB's back doing his thing!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #17
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Owen Daniels has just been released. Got a text from 610.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #18
_King_
All Pro

So far...

Released

OD
McCain
Old 03-11-2014   #19
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, I'm gonna miss OD. Great guy and great player for us. I totally understand the business side of it, though.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
Damn, I'm gonna miss OD. Great guy and great player for us. I totally understand the business side of it, though.
Me too...Good guy and overachiever. I wish him good luck as well.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read