Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-05-2014   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Greg Peshek: CB Metrics 1.0

Greg Peshek: CB Metrics 1.0
Quote:
Cornerbacks are a bit more tricky than other positions when it comes to their metrics. If you read a previous post on the problems with CB stats, you'll understand that the stats are rather ambiguous and can be tricky when taken at face value. I'll try to be transparent and put them in context, but there are many more confounding factors than say... with a running back.

All numbers are hand charted by me. Because a target or "burn" may be a bit subjective, the numbers won't always line up with other stat services. However, I've used the same criteria for each player which means we can at least compare these stats to each other on an objective basis.

Archive:
QB Metrics featuring Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, Blake Bortles and Johnny Manziel.
WR Metrics 1.0 featuring Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Marqise Lee and Kelvin Benjamin.
WR Metrics 2.0 featuring Brandin Cooks, Jordan Matthews, Jarvis Landry, Odell Beckham and Allen Robinson.

Read the full article: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-cb-metrics-10
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014   #2
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Greg Peshek: CB Metrics 1.0

Good stuff bro. Peshek is a boss.

Mitchell is being really under drafted right now on Mocks if these breakdowns are a credible tool. I'd love to see how fast his recovery speed is at the combine if he has #'s like these.

6'0" is a pretty solid height, but 4.57 is probably too slow, if he can cut that down at the combine I'd bet he can be an early day 2 prospect. I'm Seeing him late round 3 right now.

EDIT: I misread Dennard's stat's at first and have since deleted. Don't quote me.

Last edited by TexansFTW; 02-05-2014 at 12:45 PM.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014   #3
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

dont know what to make of this. seems like the scheme has a lot to do with how the cb's look. makes roby look real bad
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gilbert is an elite athlete who is very raw but with the right coaching he is an All Pro CB. He either hasn't been coached very well or is not that bright. He hasn't improved very much since his freshman year.

Dennard is a very physical CB who may have to adjust his style to actually be a little less physical at the next level. He punishes WRs. Love his attitude. His speed is a potential issue but it wasn't in college. He disrupts routes at the line of scrimmage and stays with his man.

Verrett sticks to guys but appears to get bullied quite a bit. I love his skills but he needs to toughen up a little bit.

Mitchell has received a lot of experience because opponents do not want to target his counterpart. He plays with a chip on his shoulder but isn't an elite athlete. I think he's underrated but not a #1 corner.

I think Roby is overrated. He's a specimen but I'm not very impressed when I watch him.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Peshek: CB Metrics 2.0

Quote:
This group of corners is a bit more of a mixed bag than last week’s. Kyle Fuller didn’t play a full season, but his stats in the time he did play were too tantalizing to leave out. On the other hand there’s a lot of data on Lamarcus Joyner, but many have questioned his role at the next level. Is he a corner, a safety, or a Tyrann Mathieu type hybrid. We’ll explore those players and a few others in this piece.

All numbers are hand charted by me. Because a target or ‘burn’ may be a bit subjective, the numbers won’t always line up with other stat services. However, I’ve used the same criteria for each player which means we can at least compare these stats to each other on an objective basis.

Read the full article: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-cb-metrics-20
Old 02-12-2014   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 154760 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I cannot get into any CBs this draft but like Bennett Jackson from ND and Phillip Blaine Rice in 6th & 7th.
Old 02-12-2014   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I cannot get into any CBs this draft but like Bennett Jackson from ND and Phillip Blaine Rice in 6th & 7th.
Bashaud Breeland, Clemson is interesting to me. Has some ball skills.
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2014   #8
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117928 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking at Andre Hal in the 5th, EJ Gaines in the 4th-5th as well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read