Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-07-2014   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248345 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default The Jacksonville Jaguars select...

Who is the one guy you would hate for the Jaguars to select? Imagine we trade down to the 4th spot & the Jags end up with that one guy you'd hate for them to take.

The guy I like most in this draft is Sammy Watkins. I don't think we're going to draft him at #1 or #4, but I wouldn't be upset at all if the Jags took him. I like Tennessee's WRs (Brit & Wright) & they haven't done much damage to us. I like Blackmon & he's pretty much a ghost in Jacksonville, so I don't think Sammy Watkins going to the Jags is going to make them any more competitive than they are now.

I'd hate most of all, for Jacksonville to get Aj McCarron. I think he's more likely to be a true franchise QB than any of the QBs in this draft. I know no one else agrees with me. I know most don't see McCarron as anything better than a back-up QB. & that's fine. But that's the guy that I think would make Jacksonville a play-off contender.
Old 02-07-2014   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 294395 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars select...

Surprise.

Another AJ McCarron thread.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoever ends up being the best QB .... who is that ?? FIIK ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

"I don't have a guy(QB) in this draft..."
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #5
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Who is the one guy you would hate for the Jaguars to select?
TB.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I hate the idea of Clowney screaming down and causing havoc for our offense.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248345 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
"I don't have a guy(QB) in this draft..."
I don't. I'll be happy with who ever the Texans take. I'm not thrilled with any of these QBs, but I believe McCarron is most likely to be a franchise QB. I don't believe it so much that I think the Texans have to draft him.

I'd just as soon the Texans trade their second & get Mallet.

I'd be more excited if the Texans draft Watkins or the highest rated OT than if they drafted McCarron.
Old 02-07-2014   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Personally I hate the idea of Clowney screaming down and causing havoc for our offense.
I started this thread, because I was on two other boards & they both said they'd hate it most if we drafted Clowney, the thought of playing against Jj Watt, Clowney, & Cushing wasn't very appealing.

Thought I'd ask you guys who y'all thought would make the Jags somewhat more of a challenge to play.
Old 02-07-2014   #9
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Clowney would be a monster at Leo; honestly even if we grab him they could still grab Teddy - though who knows how well Teddy will succeed if their best offensive weapon is still Cecil Shorts with nobody and a worn-down MJD at RB.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't. I'll be happy with who ever the Texans take. I'm not thrilled with any of these QBs, but I believe McCarron is most likely to be a franchise QB. I don't believe it so much that I think the Texans have to draft him.

I'd be more excited if the Texans draft Watkins or the highest rated OT than if they drafted McCarron.
Being happy with who ever the Texans take and "having a guy" are not mutually exclusive. Its obvious you prefer McCarron at price A over Other at price B. Just own it already.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335478 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There is a 99.999999999999999999% chance McCarron will be there at 2.1. If you honestly believed he is going to be a franchise QB you would be pulling a Lord Bill Native American draft him at 2.1 dance and would be pissed if they traded 2.1 for Mallet.

Personally I think this is you:

Old 02-07-2014   #12
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who is the one guy you would hate for the Jaguars to select? Imagine we trade down to the 4th spot & the Jags end up with that one guy you'd hate for them to take.

The guy I like most in this draft is Sammy Watkins. I don't think we're going to draft him at #1 or #4, but I wouldn't be upset at all if the Jags took him. I like Tennessee's WRs (Brit & Wright) & they haven't done much damage to us. I like Blackmon & he's pretty much a ghost in Jacksonville, so I don't think Sammy Watkins going to the Jags is going to make them any more competitive than they are now.

I'd hate most of all, for Jacksonville to get Aj McCarron. I think he's more likely to be a true franchise QB than any of the QBs in this draft. I know no one else agrees with me. I know most don't see McCarron as anything better than a back-up QB. & that's fine. But that's the guy that I think would make Jacksonville a play-off contender.
Watkins is a tremendous prospect, very possibly along with Clowney one of the two top talents/prospects in this Draft.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
There is a 99.999999999999999999% chance McCarron will be there at 2.1. If you honestly believed he is going to be a franchise QB you would be pulling a Lord Bill Native American draft him at 2.1 dance and would be pissed if they traded 2.1 for Mallet.

Personally I think this is you:

Correct.

But I don't. I think he is more likely, but I don't think he will.
Old 02-07-2014   #14
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Clowney would be a monster at Leo; honestly even if we grab him they could still grab Teddy - though who knows how well Teddy will succeed if their best offensive weapon is still Cecil Shorts with nobody and a worn-down MJD at RB.
Justin Blackmon is a pretty damn good WR too.

He will be back and hopefully (for himself and his fans) be making better life decisions.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #15
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bridgewater or Clowney. I would hate to see those two against us twice a year especially if Clowney does end up being the real deal. I know Brown will manhandle him though right now but later on ah man.
Old 02-07-2014   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Would not be looking forward to playing Luck and Bridgewater four times each year.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #17
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 7153 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sammy Watkins. Dude's a beast. He can torch our secondary in every play
Old 02-07-2014   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Um, you pretty obviously have a QB you want the Texans to take.
Old 02-07-2014   #19
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Would not be looking forward to playing Luck and Bridgewater four times each year.
I agree with this. No one else really worries me to that extent.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #20
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they don't take Manziel, because if we pass on him, we are going to have to hear about him every time he gets a win or has a good game. I hope he goes to Cleveland so we only play him once every 3 years. Let the Jags get Bortles or Bridgewater, whichever we pass on.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read