Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-19-2014   #1
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Potential Cap Casualties

This is simply a rundown of players offering Potential Cap Saving in 2014 with last contract year in parenthesis:

Danieal Manning $4.5M (2014)
Owen Daniels $4.5M (2014)
Matt Shaub $4M (2016)
Jonathan Joseph $3.75M (2015)
Andre Johnson $3.68M (2016)
Kareem Jackson $3.09M (2014)
Chris Meyers $3M (2015)
Shane Lechler $1.42M (2015)
Derek Newton $1.39M (2014)
Brooks Reed $1.02M (2014)
Arian Foster $1M (2016)
Brice McCain $850K (2015)
Brandon Harris $825K (2014)
Tim Jamison $730K (2014)

The rest offer little cap saving since their replacements will cost a similar amount.

Some, like Shaub offer more cap savings in subsequent years.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential Cap Casualties

Where did you get your numbers? Derek Newton is a $645k savings to cut. AJ is about $200k.
Old 01-19-2014   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Where did you get your numbers? Derek Newton is a $645k savings to cut. AJ is about $200k.
Those have to be June 1st savings.
Old 01-19-2014   #4
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

NE is in need of a Center I could see HOU trading away Myers to NE instead of straight cutting him.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #5
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
NE is in need of a Center I could see HOU trading away Myers to NE instead of straight cutting him.
We are going to get a new QB no way we get rid of our veteran pro bowl centre.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why would the Texans do that?
Old 01-19-2014   #7
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
we are going to get a new qb no way we get rid of our veteran all-pro centre.
ftfy
Old 01-19-2014   #8
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
ftfy
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #9
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Texans&Year=2014

They do have the base salary messed up. Good catch.
Old 01-19-2014   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

This offseason should be very interesting. I cant wait to see how Obie judges talent. Obviously the last regime wasn't very good at it. Too many mid-round failures.
Old 01-19-2014   #11
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
We are going to get a new QB no way we get rid of our veteran pro bowl centre.
Common sense and logic, a rarity around here.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #12
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why would the Texans do that?
#1 Ben Jones is a cheaper alternative.
#2 The Title of the thread is Cap Casualties I just thought Myers could bring value with his exit, so if I say Myers is a cap casualty would that be better for you?
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
#2 The Title of the thread is Cap Casualties I just thought Myers could bring value with his exit, so if I say Myers is a cap casualty would that be better for you?
No, I think it would be a ridiculous idea to get rid of him either by cut or trade.

If by cheaper alternative you mean someone breathing then yes Ben Jones can fill that role.
Old 01-20-2014   #14
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24666 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, I think it would be a ridiculous idea to get rid of him either by cut or trade.

If by cheaper alternative you mean someone breathing then yes Ben Jones can fill that role.
Pick me! Pick me!

I'm 6'0'' - 132 lbs
Old 01-20-2014   #15
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
Pick me! Pick me!

I'm 6'0'' - 132 lbs
Can you carry water bottle from point A to point B (about 20 yds) within 15 secs? And, on the way back to sideline, kick opponents butt and escape? If you can, I think you will have very good chance to be hired by the Texans.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #16
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24666 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Can you carry water bottle from point A to point B (about 20 yds) within 15 secs? And, on the way back to sideline, kick opponents butt and escape? If you can, I think you will have very good chance to be hired by the Texans.
Idk, I'd hate to hurt my ankle on some million dollar butt
Old 01-20-2014   #17
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
Idk, I'd hate to hurt my ankle on some million dollar butt
Ha ha
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #18
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

“If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” Halton Arp

I think I've found a new independent thinker. Bravo! (or is it Brava, I forget???)
Old 01-20-2014   #19
jasonotc
waterboy

Rep Power: 0 jasonotc is a quality contributor and well respectedjasonotc is a quality contributor and well respectedjasonotc is a quality contributor and well respectedjasonotc is a quality contributor and well respectedjasonotc is a quality contributor and well respectedjasonotc is a quality contributor and well respectedjasonotc is a quality contributor and well respectedjasonotc is a quality contributor and well respectedjasonotc is a quality contributor and well respectedjasonotc is a quality contributor and well respectedjasonotc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Texans&Year=2014

They do have the base salary messed up. Good catch.
Those players all earned salary escalators so those salaries are all correct http://overthecap.com/2014-nfl-salary-increases/
jasonotc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #20
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
To be clear, the thread is titled POTENTIAL Cap Casualties because they offer Cap savings. It is not suggested cuts or or even cuts I agree with. They are all players who might offer cap relief.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read