Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-24-2014   #481
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis February 19-24, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I thought we had another group of LBers that needed to run first?
Nope.

Other notable official 40s:

Van Noy: 4.71

Christian Jones: 4.74

Yawin Smallwood: 5.01 (think he tweaked a hamstring)

Trent Murphy: 4.86

Attaochu, Mosley, Skov did not run.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #482
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Nope.

Other notable official 40s:

Van Noy: 4.71

Christian Jones: 4.74

Yawin Smallwood: 5.01 (think he tweaked a hamstring)

Trent Murphy: 4.86

Attaochu, Mosley, Skov did not run.
Yep, pulled his hamstring on his 1st run and is sitting out now. Sucks because he had a decent 10-yard split. Judging by his split I would guess a 4.70 or slightly higher if he doesn't pull up lame.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #483
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow!!!

That's why Ealy will be off the board early.

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris
Quote:
That puts Ealy in OUTSTANDING company. 8 of top 10 for DL since 2006:
Acho, Irvin, Ingram, Mingo, Barwin, Watt, Robison, Taylor. Avril next.

Kony Ealy has the third best 3-cone time (6.83) among DLs since 2006. Tied with Melvin Ingram. That is outstanding.
Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris
Quote:
Official 3-cone times:
Kony Ealy 6.83
Jeffcoat 6.97
Marsh 7.08
Donald 7.11
H Jones 7.16
Gayle 7.19
Crichton 7.19
Martin 7.20
Clowney 7.27
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #484
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Wow!!!

That's why Ealy will be off the board early.

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris
Yep like I said. If he runs like I expect he will shoot up boards. I think he could go top 10.
Old 02-24-2014   #485
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
The Combine is convincing me to want to trade down.
So you think somebody will value someone you don't ?
Old 02-24-2014   #486
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I gotta believe Greg Robinson will be in demand on draft day.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #487
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113664 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think we can convince Cleveland that their QB won't be on the board at #4 with a little press.
Old 02-24-2014   #488
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kind of annoying how much they're talking up Clowney. Yes, he burned a great 40, but I didn't see freakish like I did with Mario. If he's the gold standard then we have quite a few god-like freaks on our hands this year. One of my early favorites and one of my late sleepers were right there with him...

Jadeveon Clowney (South Carolina)
Size: 6-5, 266
Arm: 34 (1/2)
40-Time: 4.53
10-Yard: 1.56
Bench: 21 reps
Vertical: 37.5
Broad: 10-4
3-Cone: 7.27

Kareem Martin (North Carolina)
Size: 6-6, 272
Arm: 35
40-Time: 4.72
10-Yard: 1.53
Bench: 22 reps
Vertical: 35.5
Broad: 10-9
3-Cone: 7.20

Larry Webster (Bloomsburgh)
Size: 6-6, 252
Arm: 33 (1/2)
40-Time: 4.58
10-Yard: 1.57
Bench: 17 reps
Vertical: 36.5
Broad: 10-3
3-Cone: 7.29

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-24-2014   #489
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113664 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Kind of annoying how much they're talking up Clowney. Yes, he burned a great 40, but I didn't see freakish like I did with Mario. If he's the gold standard then we have quite a few god-like freaks on our hands this year. One of my early favorites and one of my late sleepers were right there with him...

Jadeveon Clowney (South Carolina)
Size: 6-5, 266
Arm: 34 (1/2)
40-Time: 4.53
10-Yard: 1.56
Bench: 21 reps
Vertical: 37.5
Broad: 10-4
3-Cone: 7.27

Kareem Martin (North Carolina)
Size: 6-6, 272
Arm: 35
40-Time: 4.72
10-Yard: 1.53
Bench: 22 reps
Vertical: 35.5
Broad: 10-9
3-Cone: 7.20

Larry Webster (Bloomsburgh)
Size: 6-6, 252
Arm: 33 (1/2)
40-Time: 4.58
10-Yard: 1.57
Bench: 17 reps
Vertical: 36.5
Broad: 10-3
3-Cone: 7.29
I'm looking at Kareem Martin as a Antonio replacement. Should be in the 4th round at 4-1.
Old 02-24-2014   #490
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got Kareem Martin going in the 2nd round. The demand for pass rushers his size is too high and he has the production and athleticism to make somebody pull the trigger.

Three year starter. Got on the field early and often at a program that has been putting out a ton of defensive talent lately.
SO - 40 tackles, 7 TFL, 4 sacks, 6 PD
JR - 40 tackles, 16 TFL, 4 sacks, 1 FF, 3 PD (2nd team all conference)
SR - 82 tackles, 22 TFL, 12 sacks, 1 FF (1st team all conference)
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #491
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm looking at Kareem Martin as a Antonio replacement. Should be in the 4th round at 4-1.
Personally, I think he's gone in the 2nd or early 3rd.

I love Martin. His athleticism doesn't translate to pure pass rushing like Clowney, but he's great against the run. I prefer him as a 4-3 SDE, but wouldn't be against using him as a 3-4 DE either. Him and Watt would be a very athletic duo up front.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-24-2014   #492
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thought this was funny and true of a lot of us.

I was reading up on Caraun Reid, who I quite like as a late round DE prospect for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatialyankee.com
Please Note: This and all Evaluations issued by this Site are produced by a ludicrously unqualified Amateur, privy to not even the tiniest fraction of Coach's Tape, Scouting Expertise, Face to Face Interviewing, Experience, or Inside Information enjoyed by the Professionals. As such, anything put forth is certainly misinformed, euphonious, derivative Tripe, and should be rejected out'f hand and indeed shunned by all men of Good Will!!
Old 02-24-2014   #493
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Personally, I think he's gone in the 2nd or early 3rd.

I love Martin. His athleticism doesn't translate to pure pass rushing like Clowney, but he's great against the run. I prefer him as a 4-3 SDE, but wouldn't be against using him as a 3-4 DE either. Him and Watt would be a very athletic duo up front.
Hmm... well I would have no qualms at taking him at 3-1. Experience and athleticism is a good package.

On another note, what do you think of Lamin Barrow at ILB? What round do you have him going? Most people seem to think he's a 4th round talent or so.
Old 02-24-2014   #494
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hmm... well I would have no qualms at taking him at 3-1. Experience and athleticism is a good package.

On another note, what do you think of Lamin Barrow at ILB? What round do you have him going? Most people seem to think he's a 4th round talent or so.
I think he's somewhat underrated. Gets knocked for his size despite being roughly the same size and Kuechly. Very athletic. I peg him at 3rd-4th round. I think he's a 4-3 MLB or WLB though. Don't really like him in a 3-4.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-24-2014   #495
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris
Quote:
Notable Official LB 3-cone times:

Tyler Starr 6.64
Trent Murphy 6.78
Anthony Barr 6.82
Jordan Tripp 6.89
Ryan Shazier 6.91
Kevin Pierre-Louis 6.92
James Morris 6.94
Kahlil Mack 7.08
Kyle Van Noy 7.22
Devon Kennard 7.25
Carl Bradford 7.25
Prince Shembo 7.29
No time for C Jones, Reilly, Powell
Quote:
Tyler Starr did not break the best 3-cone time since 2006 (6.42), but he was the top LB this year with a 6.64.
Old 02-24-2014   #496
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko
Quote:
Justin Gilbert 20 reps
Bradley Roby 17
Pryor 18
Dennard 15
Joyner 14
Fuller 12
Ha Ha 11
Purifoy 6
Old 02-24-2014   #497
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm more hopeful van noy will be there at 2.1 for us since his numbers aren't eye popping.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #498
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko

What did Gilbert run in 40
Old 02-24-2014   #499
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
What did Gilbert run in 40
That's tomorrow.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-24-2014   #500
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I gotta believe Greg Robinson will be in demand on draft day.
By me if nobody offers up a decent proposal .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read