Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-02-2014   #21
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Even that was tainted, no MJ in the league.
Like 95, right?

Damned sheep need to keep off the net.
Old 02-02-2014   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Other than being taken/will be taken well outside the 1st round McCarron and Wilson have absolutely nothing in common.
Well if "they" are calling Wilson a game manager & "they" are calling McCarron a game manager.... they'd have that.
Old 02-02-2014   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123665 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Other than being taken/will be taken well outside the 1st round McCarron and Wilson have absolutely nothing in common.
Best thing Wilson did, not make a mistake. McCarron's best quality.
Old 02-03-2014   #24
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 69026 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

OK my off season will be so much better now that i got to watch manning get destroyed in the superbowl.....

So if there is nothing else there is always that for me !
Old 02-03-2014   #25
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

this is so demoralising!!! can't believe theres no NFL till august. seriously you americans need to stop being whiny B****es and play more games because the season is to darn short.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #26
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1758 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ouuuch, the season is soo short! At least we'll have NASCAR and some soccer until september!
Old 02-03-2014   #27
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

It just goes to show that we need to draft an elite QB instead of
taking a defensive player like Clowney. Clearly Manning was the
reason Denver rolled last night and not even a #1 defense
loaded with talent like the seahawks could stop him..

(oh wait!)

Peppers vs. Carr
Williams vs. Young
Clowney vs. (insert name here)
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2014   #28
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 208960 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

And the offseason debates of how to spend the 1.1 pick are in full swing!

I think some of you discount the really good QB play of Wilson yesterday. He made a lot of plays on his own. Kind of like Keenum did before Kubiak lobotomized him.

For the record I say spend 1.1 on the clown dude and pick up a QB in the 2nd round. But don't listen to me, I wanted them to draft Vince Young.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #29
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
And the offseason debates of how to spend the 1.1 pick are in full swing!

I think some of you discount the really good QB play of Wilson yesterday. He made a lot of plays on his own. Kind of like Keenum did before Kubiak lobotomized him.

For the record I say spend 1.1 on the clown dude and pick up a QB in the 2nd round. But don't listen to me, I wanted them to draft Vince Young.
Hey, at least you have the stones to admit it. A lot, and I mean A LOT, of people wanted them to draft VY, but today they would deny it swearing on their mother's grave. The revisionist history that I read here sometimes is laughable.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #30
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80155 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is we picked the wrong year to suck. We really could've used Leon Sandcastle last year since we really need a CB but now we're a lock to take the once-in-a-generation talent of Jerry Ricecake. That'll be 2 WR taken in the first round in 2 years but I think Ricecake will be a damn good receiver for a long time.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #31
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes. The dreadful offseason that feels 10xs longer than the actual season. And so it begins.

Though, looking forward to top pick in both mlb and nfl drafts, Astros starting to display some real talent at the big league level this yr, Rockets maybe win a playoff series, and its a world cup year.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #32
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 277266 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

*sigh*

I'm an NFL fan. I could not care any less about other sports.

So this day is one of melancholy and realization that my next "fix" is freakin' half a year away.

My little girl is happy that there's no more football for a long time, but myself, the slow grind of off-season workouts and draft anticipation do nothing to scratch the itch.

Nothing helps except to stay busy and don't think too much about it. The off-season always feels long, especially the day after the Super Bowl, but some off-seasons feel longer than others. 2014 feels like it's going to stretch foooreeeeveerrr in that regard.

*sigh*
Old 02-03-2014   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
*sigh*

So this day is one of melancholy and realization that my next "fix" is freakin' half a year away.
I'm actually getting excited that things are about to ramp up for FA, then the draft.
Old 02-03-2014   #34
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 69026 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
*sigh*

My little girl is happy that there's no more football for a long time, but myself, the slow grind of off-season workouts and draft anticipation do nothing to scratch the itch.

Nothing helps except to stay busy and don't think too much about it. The off-season always feels long, especially the day after the Super Bowl, but some off-seasons feel longer than others. 2014 feels like it's going to stretch foooreeeeveerrr in that regard.

*sigh*
With as busy as my job keeps me 24/7 (yes i am on call 24/7 365) it goes by really fast for me.
Old 02-03-2014   #35
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 446 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans have taught me to enjoy football and all of the NFL. They are still my favorite team, though, but no need to let the incompetence of an organization I cannot influence affect my mood.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #36
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 208960 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Hey, at least you have the stones to admit it. A lot, and I mean A LOT, of people wanted them to draft VY, but today they would deny it swearing on their mother's grave. The revisionist history that I read here sometimes is laughable.
I'm not sure why people worry about their image on the internet. And on a sports BBS, everyone who posts on it is most certainly wrong much more often than they are right. I know damn well I am. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #37
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
I know where Thorn is coming from, even though I'm not quite as old as he is. .
No, no you don't where Thorn is coming from!!!

"Quite as old as him"? Hell, only JC and uhhh JB are even close to as old as Thorn!!
Old 02-03-2014   #38
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
No, no you don't where Thorn is coming from!!!

"Quite as old as him"? Hell, only JC and uhhh JB are even close to as old as Thorn!!
Old 02-03-2014   #39
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
With as busy as my job keeps me 24/7 (yes i am on call 24/7 365) it goes by really fast for me.
Not on call like yourself, but it does go by quick when you're busy with work.
Old 02-04-2014   #40
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I still think if we had picked VY we would of had more playoff appearance sooner .......... considering we had ZERO at the time and another what 5 years of ZERO with Mario Williams
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read