Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-03-2014   #141
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: "Nascar": Bill O'Brien's no huddle offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post

I don't know how logic works in your world, but in mine, that makes no sense. I care about the TEAM, while others here (you included) care more about an aging over paid wide out who is on the back side of his HOF career.
As someone who also appreciates everything Andre has done for this team I also feel like he is a big part of this team & being honest about where he is right now is best for the team.

Out of respect for the man, I won't speculate on anything he has not said. Nor will I denigrate his service by calling him an "over paid wide out who is on the back side of his HOF career" as much as that may reflect his current situation, it comes across ugly. Much uglier than it needs to.

Instead, I try to see the positive. Would it be great if Andre were suited up & going at it with the team, like Meyers or Brown? Sure. Right now, everyone else on this team "has" to be there, because they truly have no where else to go. Andre has options. He can retire, or he can demand to be traded. However you feel about Andre's option to demand to be traded, it's real, it's there, & he can do it.

If Andre decides he wants to retire, or be traded, then that will be detrimental to the team. A huge blow in my mind. But something to rally about. Something the coach can use to motivate the team. Because it's not just about him, it's about every one of those guys on the field, every one in the organization top to bottom.

If Andre decides he wants to be a Texans, then it will be a huge lift, something to rally around. It will be something the players can use, or the coaches, or anyone in the organization from top to bottom.

Worse thing, imo, that can happen would be if Andre is "forced" to be there, or if he decides to "go through the motions"

At the end of the day, it's about people. Andre is good people. I have faith that he'll make the best decision he can & however it turns out, we'll deal with it.

No reason to vilify the man.
Old 06-03-2014   #142
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
...No reason to vilify the man.
Yep. msr

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014   #143
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Yep. msr
I got him.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read