Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-30-2014   #81
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Nascar": Bill O'Brien's no huddle offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
That's what the 4 QBs will be kept for...so we can run the triple option. Next man up! Ha!
3 TEs, 2 RBS
Run all day.
If needed just bring in guys from the street like Collins Kline.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #82
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Who else in the Belichick tree had experience as a HC of any type before becoming an NFL HC?
None.

But Weis had two successful years at Notre Dame, then the wheels feel off.
Old 05-31-2014   #83
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
None.

But Weis had two successful years at Notre Dame, then the wheels feel off.
Thanks, TK. MSR.

But that means that no Belichick leaf has gone from having had college HC experience prior to becoming an NFL HC, correct?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014   #84
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Thanks, TK. MSR.

But that means that no Belichick leaf has gone from having...
We don't use that term anymore in the NFL.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014   #85
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For all I know, Andre sitting out could be just the thing this soft team needs.
Word!!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014   #86
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. OTAs are like going to office functions; Christmas party, softball games, team building activities, etc...

Not a job requirement.

AAMoF, I thought Andre didn't work with the team during OTAs before Kubiak got here, that he preferred to working out at the U. I thought he bought into the team concept because he bought into what Kubiak was doing & because he believed in Schaub.
Glad somebody finally brought this up. I don't remember AJ ever going to OTA's, all the Miami guys meet up and go through their own routine at the U.

Am I taking crazy pills? Because I feel like I am taking crazy pills!
Old 05-31-2014   #87
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Glad somebody finally brought this up. I don't remember AJ ever going to OTA's, all the Miami guys meet up and go through their own routine at the U.

Am I taking crazy pills? Because I feel like I am taking crazy pills!
Hmmmm

Didn't he sit out the first few days the year he had his little 'contract squabble' thing, or was that mini camp?

The only one I can remember being a 'no show' last year was that linebacker who was remodeling his house. Can't remember his name. Mays maybe?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-31-2014   #88
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Hmmmm

Didn't he sit out the first few days the year he had his little 'contract squabble' thing, or was that mini camp?

The only one I can remember being a 'no show' last year was that linebacker who was remodeling his house. Can't remember his name. Mays maybe?
Dobbins
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014   #89
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
A whole lot less worried about AJ "catching up" vs. worrying about the other young WR picking the system up first.

The "childish BS" is honestly one of the only ways players can show their displeasure. We've been spoiled in Houston by a severe drought of holdouts. With most other teams, a guy missing OTAs is a *yawn* inducing affair.
I'm really not worried at all about AJ. I'm worried about the other young WR's as well. That is who I'm concerned with. AJ will be back in no time, because trading him simply isn't in the cards. AJ and the Texans waited to long to try and make that kind of a deal work.

AJ will come back and be just fine. He just needs to grasp mentally that he is going to have to get ready to likely be on another average team and won't be competing for a SB. But once he's back, I have zero doubts about his commitment and work ethic to help the team.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014   #90
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Dobbins
Yes, thank you. I guess my memory ain't what it used to be.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014   #91
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Are you really comparing your position at a mundane day job to that of a professional, world class athlete?

If you really "love ya bro", then you'd quit pulling assumptions out yer butt and wait until all of this plays out before throwing the dude under the bus.

You whining about a perceived whine is just bizarre.
First just because he is a great athlete, that doesn't negate the fact he is an EMPLOYEE of our TEAM and as much as he is my favorite player, my love for the TEXANS run deeper than my love for Andre. Its bad business to sign a LARGE contract then not show up for workouts with the team. JUST MY OPINION.

Second, its not an assumption when he already didn't show up. Im not assuming he won't be back for training camp or anything, but to me OTAs are important with new qbs and your star wide out. He made this story bigger than it needed to be by not showing up for the team. Not me, not the media, not the coach. Andre did this to himself.

And Im not whining, Im saying I think he is being foolish by not showing up. Way to "assume" how I felt.
Old 05-31-2014   #92
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
First just because he is a great athlete, that doesn't negate the fact he is an EMPLOYEE of our TEAM and as much as he is my favorite player, my love for the TEXANS run deeper than my love for Andre. Its bad business to sign a LARGE contract then not show up for workouts with the team. JUST MY OPINION.
So what is your opinion of a team that cuts a guy with a contract?
Old 05-31-2014   #93
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
So what is your opinion of a team that cuts a guy with a contract?
It means it was for the better of the team because the guy either didn't live up to his contract, or the contract was a bad one and we needed money, either way it is almost always done to BETTER the TEAM.

Its a business, but Im for the side of the business that improves the over all team, and what Andre is doing, isn't helping our team. If anything it is setting our offense back. Savage and Fitz will have no timing down with Dre and Case and TJ barely have timing down with Dre. He should be there learning the offense and getting his timing down.
Old 05-31-2014   #94
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its bad business to sign a LARGE contract then not show up for workouts with the team.

Second, its not an assumption when he already didn't show up. Im not assuming he won't be back for training camp or anything, but to me OTAs are important with new qbs and your star wide out.
All voluntary. He's not obligated by that LARGE contract to attend these workouts. AAMoF, someone mentioned that there's an incentive in his contract to get him to be there. He's exercising his option not to be there.
Old 06-01-2014   #95
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All voluntary. He's not obligated by that LARGE contract to attend these workouts. AAMoF, someone mentioned that there's an incentive in his contract to get him to be there. He's exercising his option not to be there.
At this point when he comes back i would sit him on the bench, he already makes more money than everyone on this board times 100 i'm sure. His incentive should be the millions and millions he makes all year.

How many here would love to make that kind of money and then on top of all that get a 5 moth vacation every year. What a hard hard life these poor guys have.
Old 06-01-2014   #96
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Well then why is he complaining when he isn't doing everything he can to help the team. The past failures do not determine the future. So as much as it is a rebuild, we have seen numerous teams rebuild and turn around and win super bowls in modern football. It didn't take the Seahawks that long.
Old 06-01-2014   #97
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Well then why is he complaining when he isn't doing everything he can to help the team.
That's where I think a big disconnect is. Andre isn't complaining. He's trying to figure out what he wants to do with the rest of his life. Retirement is probably just as much an option as being traded. I can imagine that weighing more on his mind than if he wanted to go to another team. Texans are going to have to account for the remaining dead money on his contract this season & he's considering if he wants to hurt the team that way, or come out & play.

Just like the guy you loved for the last 11 years, he doesn't want to come out here & half ass it.

Think of this as Andre's impersonation of Brett Favre.
Old 06-01-2014   #98
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's where I think a big disconnect is. Andre isn't complaining. He's trying to figure out what he wants to do with the rest of his life. Retirement is probably just as much an option as being traded. I can imagine that weighing more on his mind than if he wanted to go to another team. Texans are going to have to account for the remaining dead money on his contract this season & he's considering if he wants to hurt the team that way, or come out & play.

Just like the guy you loved for the last 11 years, he doesn't want to come out here & half ass it.

Think of this as Andre's impersonation of Brett Favre.
Oh god i hope not...
Old 06-01-2014   #99
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
At this point when he comes back i would sit him on the bench, he already makes more money than everyone on this board times 100 i'm sure. His incentive should be the millions and millions he makes all year.

How many here would love to make that kind of money and then on top of all that get a 5 moth vacation every year. What a hard hard life these poor guys have.
I'm usually on your side of the debate on this subject, but not on Mr. Andre Johnson.

He has fully earned his right to discover what he wants to do. The guy has been on a terrible franchise his entire career that was an expansion team. He never really complained ever going through the Carr years and then the Kubiak debacles that happened every year. The guy has been through two 2-14 teams that have to be rebuilt. At this point in his career, I'd say he has been loyal to a fault. At his age, he deserves to play for a team that has a chance to contend for a SB or go into the post season potentially. He doesn't deserve to be on another rebuilding team. Unfortunately, he was really stupid about his pursuit to find a new team by waiting all off season to start expressing how he wanted out. He should have demanded this right before the trades and off season moves were going to be allowed when teams had money to use and assets to trade and all sorts of ambitious tactics to improve their rosters. AJ waited until this was all done and most teams were high on the cap.

Aj just needs to come to grips with the reality of this. He will. It's just going to take him some time to pout it off in his mind and accept it. Once he does, he'll come back strong, fully committed, and he'll be just fine.

I understand your point, but AJ is not the guy to be driving this point home with. He is the threshold that you'd typically measure all potential NFL players up to be.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014   #100
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'm usually on your side of the debate on this subject, but not on Mr. Andre Johnson.

He has fully earned his right to discover what he wants to do. The guy has been on a terrible franchise his entire career that was an expansion team. He never really complained ever going through the Carr years and then the Kubiak debacles that happened every year. The guy has been through two 2-14 teams that have to be rebuilt. At this point in his career, I'd say he has been loyal to a fault. At his age, he deserves to play for a team that has a chance to contend for a SB or go into the post season potentially. He doesn't deserve to be on another rebuilding team. Unfortunately, he was really stupid about his pursuit to find a new team by waiting all off season to start expressing how he wanted out. He should have demanded this right before the trades and off season moves were going to be allowed when teams had money to use and assets to trade and all sorts of ambitious tactics to improve their rosters. AJ waited until this was all done and most teams were high on the cap.

Aj just needs to come to grips with the reality of this. He will. It's just going to take him some time to pout it off in his mind and accept it. Once he does, he'll come back strong, fully committed, and he'll be just fine.

I understand your point, but AJ is not the guy to be driving this point home with. He is the threshold that you'd typically measure all potential NFL players up to be.
My point is a contract is a contract signed by both sides. If he was demanding a trade or new contract i could understand him not attending but he has demanded nothing. OTAs in all honesty are no big deal but if training camp comes and he dont show up that is a different animal.

My only problem is that our team is learning a new system, and one of our biggest offensive weapons is not there learning it with the rest of our guys.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read