Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-30-2014   #61
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Nascar": Bill O'Brien's no huddle offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
WR routes don't change. No matter,andre can run every route at every route with his eyes closed. With a pop gun armed qb like fitz,nascar will be more like go-cart anyway.
What?? WR routes don't change??? How do you figure? A post is a post is a post, but it might be called a Godzilla, maggot, hippo.
Old 05-30-2014   #62
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 87806 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
So when BO'B says the Texans are working their tails off, is different than when Kubiak said that or do the Texans still suck?
BO'B doesn't call them kids...
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #63
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64484 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
WR routes don't change. No matter,andre can run every route at every route with his eyes closed. With a pop gun armed qb like fitz,nascar will be more like go-cart anyway.
Terminology changes, reads change, cadence is now different, timing with (insert starting QB here) will not be there, etc, etc ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #64
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 81737 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
If I were AJ, I'd be very unhappy with this organization as well. When you are a superstar nearing the end of your career, you don't want to just waste your last few years helping a team start over. He's already helped this team go from the very beginning to 12-4 and 2 playoff wins, only to see it's QB fall apart and go away. He's not thinking about money; he's thinking about the Hall of Fame and Superbowl ring(s).

At this point, I'd be up for a trade, if we can get something worth it. If he wants a trade, he's earned it. He's earned whatever he wants and however he wants to deal with the situation.
We simply aren't as bad as it looked last year and not quite as good as we looked the first part of 2012. This could be a very surprising year for us.

I suspect it's just the age showing as recovery during the off season seems to take longer and longer. You begin to wonder whether it's worth the pain, but you have to point elsewhere or be thought of as a wimp.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #65
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64484 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
We simply aren't as bad as it looked last year and not quite as good as we looked the first part of 2012. This could be a very surprising year for us.
Agree 100%. In fact, if not for Matt Schaub I believe we would have still made the playoffs last year. I think his horrible play not only cost us games, but cost the entire organization morale, and they literally gave up.
Old 05-30-2014   #66
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 81737 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
WELL i just got called for an interview tomorrow, the job pays MAJOR $$$$ so i am feeling quite giddy. Yeah you guys are probably right....

Hugs and rainbow Hershey kisses for everybody
I hope things work out well for you.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #67
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Agree 100%. In fact, if not for Matt Schaub I believe we would have still made the playoffs last year. I think his horrible play not only cost us games, but cost the entire organization morale, and they literally gave up.

True. But, our head coach didn't help matters...
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-30-2014   #68
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
True. But, our head coach didn't help matters...
Cant argue there.
Old 05-30-2014   #69
datchapin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2013 datchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I agree he can voice his opinion, but to not show up for your TEAM is childish. I understand and sympathize with him, but he signed that LARGE contract that will make him rich the next few seasons, but to whine publicly and not show up for workouts is foolish. He signed a contract that has us by the balls. We cannot cut or trade him without MAJOR ramifications against our cap. He is stuck here. Get to OTAs and get to work. Love ya bro, but its time to man up and finish what you started.

I hate my job, but I still show up every day to work for the man....welcome to life Dre.
I imagine you show up for the mandatory parts of your job. If they say we have extra hours available if you want to volunteer your time would you show up for those? Imagine you don't need the money. Would you still show up?

To say he whined publicly is a misconception he said a few things in private and when the media caught wind of it they hounded him to make this the story that it is.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #70
MistaRed
All Pro

Rep Power: 13090 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

To prep for what the new offense will look like, the Texans quarterbacks are studying film of the Patriots' offense during O'Brien's stint.

"Obviously watch a lot of Patriots film and seeing how they do it," T.J. Yates said, per CSN Houston. "We're trying to mimic them right now."
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #71
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I'll tell you what they don't scream:

He rollin, they hatin.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #72
datchapin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2013 datchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like this concept because it leads me to believe we will have an efficient 2 minute drill. That's like a shiny new toy we haven't had. I can't wait to see it in action.

I hope the players can pick everything up and that BoB doesn't have to scale back to implement the system effectively. In the past it was always the defense that had to get more simple so I'm confident our offensive unit is up to the task.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #73
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I agree he can voice his opinion, but to not show up for your TEAM is childish. I understand and sympathize with him, but he signed that LARGE contract that will make him rich the next few seasons, but to whine publicly and not show up for workouts is foolish. He signed a contract that has us by the balls. We cannot cut or trade him without MAJOR ramifications against our cap. He is stuck here. Get to OTAs and get to work. Love ya bro, but its time to man up and finish what you started.

I hate my job, but I still show up every day to work for the man....welcome to life Dre.
Are you really comparing your position at a mundane day job to that of a professional, world class athlete?

If you really "love ya bro", then you'd quit pulling assumptions out yer butt and wait until all of this plays out before throwing the dude under the bus.

You whining about a perceived whine is just bizarre.
Old 05-30-2014   #74
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
I imagine you show up for the mandatory parts of your job. If they say we have extra hours available if you want to volunteer your time would you show up for those? Imagine you don't need the money. Would you still show up?
Not even that you don't need it. Just imagine that these extra hours don't pay. Cause that's essentially what this is.

Reminded me of why you don't prod the bear.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
I imagine you show up for the mandatory parts of your job.
Agreed. OTAs are like going to office functions; Christmas party, softball games, team building activities, etc...

Not a job requirement.

AAMoF, I thought Andre didn't work with the team during OTAs before Kubiak got here, that he preferred to working out at the U. I thought he bought into the team concept because he bought into what Kubiak was doing & because he believed in Schaub.
Old 05-30-2014   #76
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
Hixon on young #Texans adjusting to new system: "The rookies, they can’t swim right now."

Somewhere between #Patriots, Penn State, Godsey and Georgia Tech is #Texans' new offense, Hixon said.

Hixon said #Texans are running some of Penn State's offense under BO'B, with adjustments from Godsey, new adds and adaptation to NFL.

#Texans WR coach Stan Hixon, who was at Penn State and worked with BO'B since '95, on offense: "Quarterback-friendly. He runs the show."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #77
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
It will be wild if he runs some Yellow Jackets' triple option.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #78
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It will be wild if he runs some Yellow Jackets' triple option.
That's what the 4 QBs will be kept for...so we can run the triple option. Next man up! Ha!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #79
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26Somewhere between #Patriots, Penn State, Godsey and Georgia Tech is #Texans' new offense, Hixon said.
When people bring up the failed Belichick coaching tree, this is what I think about. He's not "all Belichick" He had a totally different coaching history than Bill did. Heck he was only with the Patriots for five of his 21 years of coaching. I think people put too much focus on the Patriot years.
Old 05-30-2014   #80
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
When people bring up the failed Belichick coaching tree, this is what I think about. He's not "all Belichick" He had a totally different coaching history than Bill did. Heck he was only with the Patriots for five of his 21 years of coaching. I think people put too much focus on the Patriot years.
Who else in the Belichick tree had experience as a HC of any type before becoming an NFL HC?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read