Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Your ears are burning.

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
My latest at Chron.

The open-minded fan’s guide to the NFL draft

Old schoolers are featured in the introduction.

Congratulations for being a message board that is still worth a **** more often than not. We rule.

Not sure that there is anything profound in that post, but I think it rationally frames the issues going into any draft with any fans. And is my basic response when I'm talking about the draft, that I can just link them to.

:texans chick:

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
I like the part where you post the link so I don't have to click on the Chronicle website 3 times to get there.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
My latest at Chron.

The open-minded fan’s guide to the NFL draft

Old schoolers are featured in the introduction.

Congratulations for being a message board that is still worth a **** more often than not. We rule.

Not sure that there is anything profound in that post, but I think it rationally frames the issues going into any draft with any fans. And is my basic response when I'm talking about the draft, that I can just link them to.

:texans chick:
Loved it. But good luck expecting level-headed thinking, sanity, and patience from most FAN(antic)s
:D

2006 was a fun offseason. I remember quite a bit of good discussion and analysis about the players pros and cons. Sure, you hand your VY jock swingers, but most people were willing to look at things objectively and have an intelligent discussion (good times, where have you gone?) about prospects.

I was D'Brickawall Ferguson guy, but Mario was my 1b by April. I would have booed VY or Bush though. I did not like how their game translated to the NFL and I thought it was pretty obvious they were not going to be great players.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Fans are fans and shouldn't be expected to be rational. Sports writers are different and will be held accountable for their words. Besides which, my ears burn so much they should have fallen off years ago. LOL

badboy

Hall of Fame
Enjoyed the read Steph and the memories. I was on the original MB then & upgraded April 2007. I wanted the Brick for LT with Bush as my second choice. Took me a bit to acclimate to the Mario train. Sports is all about emotion and the rah rah of getting "your guy" in draft or doing well on field. I agree that too many take it too far and get angry at others or go the name calling route.

revan

Waterboy
Enjoyed the read Steph and the memories. I was on the original MB then & upgraded April 2007. I wanted the Brick for LT with Bush as my second choice. Took me a bit to acclimate to the Mario train. Sports is all about emotion and the rah rah of getting "your guy" in draft or doing well on field. I agree that too many take it too far and get angry at others or go the name calling route.
Man I felt really excited last year when we got "my guy" in Hopkins. Hopefully it happens again this year :)

badboy

Hall of Fame
Man I felt really excited last year when we got "my guy" in Hopkins. Hopefully it happens again this year :)
Yeah and you probably will as TB seems to be the consensus. I was on his train until I watched some of this last season and there was just too much of things concerning me then research revealed I was not the only one concerned. Still other than height and that will be revealed at combine, Boyd does much of the same things.

htownfan32

Hall of Fame
TT gets some love on the interwebs! Schweet.

For the record I think we're going to beat the 2006 most users online mark.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Yeah and you probably will as TB seems to be the consensus. I was on his train until I watched some of this last season and there was just too much of things concerning me then research revealed I was not the only one concerned. Still other than height and that will be revealed at combine, Boyd does much of the same things.
Boyd's footwork sucks and seems to reflect a lot of uncertainty between his ears. I really don't understand this urge to claim Bridgewater is just a potato chip thickness better than these later round guys.

buddyboy

Rookie
Clowney with Mario role, TB/Bortles/Manning with Young role but who/position takes Bush role? :chef:
I'd say that Manziel is a Bush/Young combination. That electric prospect ultimately with questions about translating to the NFL (Bush) who also had a ton of success and comes from an in-state school, yes has some off-the-field intangible question marks (Young).

badboy

Hall of Fame
Dang I caught myself doing that last two nights as I drift off to sleep doing evaluations in my head. Manziel as I am sure most of you understood. lol This time of year, I get little sleep and often get up in midnight hours to do research. sigh, wish I had a life. :vincepalm:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Dang I caught myself doing that last two nights as I drift off to sleep doing evaluations in my head. Manziel as I am sure most of you understood. lol This time of year, I get little sleep and often get up in midnight hours to do research. sigh, wish I had a life. :vincepalm:
Yeah I think everyone got it... just thought to mess with you a bit to lighten things up a bit before the dog days of the offseason got here :splits: