Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-28-2014   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Coincidentally, Matt Schaub also gives us the best chance to win the #1 pick in 2015.
I think that would be Case.
Old 01-28-2014   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Point being, I tend to think a lot of these talking heads are paid for opinions, not expertise. I truly think if any of them were experts, they'd be on staff of an NFL team. But instead, they make a nice salary just spouting opinions for our entertainment.
N.D. Kalu said he was offered an opportunity to coach, but turned it down since he wanted to spend more time with his family. He knows coaches put in 14, 16 hour days on the regular & he wanted no part of that.

Marshall Faulk, being a hall of famer & known to be pretty football smart, I'd think he probably made the same decision. However, I agree. He probably doesn't know crap about evaluating QBs.
Old 01-28-2014   #63
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82108 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Considering Schaub only started half the games Ryan did.. I still think it's similar. If (& I know it's an if) Matt played the other 8 games, who knows what his numbers would have looked like. As it is, the numbers look similar enough.

The biggest difference is his TD/INT ratio, starting twice as many games could have easily got his ratio back in-line, towards his norm & two more wins.

Besides, not like I said he was worse than Schaub, I said as bad as. I can't imagine any Falcon fan saying, "I'm glad we locked this dude up, $120M well spent."
Well the stats aren't anywhere similar to most people and I guarantee that the Falcons aren't drafting a QB to start anytime soon. You're also forgetting that Schaub sucked in two other games that he didnt start in and not to mention that Ryan played in one of the tougher divisions in the NFL and lost some weapons due to injury.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Well the stats aren't anywhere similar to most people and I guarantee that the Falcons aren't drafting a QB to start anytime soon. You're also forgetting that Schaub sucked in two other games that he didnt start in and not to mention that Ryan played in one of the tougher divisions in the NFL and lost some weapons due to injury.
Cut Ryan's numbers in half & they're pretty similar.
Old 01-28-2014   #65
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt give us the best chance to be a above .500 team

hedk maybe the draft qb this year gives us the best chance to be .400 team

either way were wont gonna win a lot of games this year
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #66
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently Marshall Faulk missed all the pick sixes Schaub threw to the other team this season. Schaub is done. He'll never be a starter again in this league and if the Texans bring him back then this team really is run by a bunch of buffoons.
Old 01-28-2014   #67
texan_joe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Calling Matt Schaub the best QB on the current roster (and we don't even know if he's that since the other QBs still have room to improve through more experience and PT.. which Schaub can't say) is like bragging that you're the skinniest kid in fat camp. At the end of the day, you're still fat.

There will be QBs selected in this draft that will give any NFL team a better chance to win than Matt Schaub. just on potential alone. I really don't understand Nitrofish's infatuation with Schaub. The way he's driven to defend him, it's like he personally knows the guy.
I understand this. That's why I said let Schaub walk. I do think in the right place that Schaub can get back to his 2012 form, but that's still not good enough. Draft T.B. and we can get back to 8-10 wins next year.
texan_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2014   #68
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Apparently Marshall Faulk missed all the pick sixes Schaub threw to the other team this season. Schaub is done. He'll never be a starter again in this league and if the Texans bring him back then this team really is run by a bunch of buffoons.
Who's got the second pick in the draft?

Does Marshall Faulk have any association with that team? Would it benefit that team at all if the Houston Texans were "set" at QB?
Old 01-28-2014   #69
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 57086 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
I heard Faulk say this a while ago. This is fairly old. Felt no need to start a thread on it because I didn't care. I don't think highly of Schaub and that has 0 to do with emotions.

And should I put more stock in what Marshall Faulk says than a guy that was an actual teammate of Schaub's?

Derrick ward wasn't a hall of famer...but he was pretty good. He said the texans won't win anything with Schaub at qb.

Truth is, I know enough about the sport to form my own opinion and not take what others say as gospel. I'll listen, doesn't mean I have to agree.

I disagree with Faulk. No I'm no a hall of game football player so take it with a grain of salt.
Ummm yeah you should put more stock into what a HOF player says over a disgruntled former teammate like Ward. Where was Ward is 2013 again? Dumb question and shines light on where your head is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Laurie, is that you?
More Jr. High School comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Just a media guy saying stupid crap to get people to talk about him. Doubt Marshall Faulk has watched more Texans football than most anyone who posts here. Probably looked at a stats sheet and decided that he just had a bad season and it was fixable. I don't understand why anyone would want to keep Schaub after the way he's played since week 12 of 2012, he's been complete crap. I trust O'Brien will agree with those of us who want Schaub gone too.
He is not just a media guy, and he has also been one of the most vocal Schaub haters. So you are saying people who post here are worth listening to, and that Marshall Faulk is a windbag, is that it? You people are hilarious. So if O'Brien does not agree with you and Schab somehow remains on the team what will you say then? O'Brien is crazy and does not know what he is doing? You sure seem to know allot about what Faulk and O'Brien think and do. It must be a terrible burden to be so smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Calling Matt Schaub the best QB on the current roster (and we don't even know if he's that since the other QBs still have room to improve through more experience and PT.. which Schaub can't say) is like bragging that you're the skinniest kid in fat camp. At the end of the day, you're still fat.

There will be QBs selected in this draft that will give any NFL team a better chance to win than Matt Schaub. just on potential alone. I really don't understand Nitrofish's infatuation with Schaub. The way he's driven to defend him, it's like he personally knows the guy.
Typical response from you. Fat Jokes? Really? First of all, perhaps you missed the title of the thread. I did not say that, a HOF player who has been anti-Schaub said it. I love how you all try to destroy Faulk's character and discount what he says just because it does not align with your opinion. It's the same thing you do to anyone on this board who is not a knee jerk, know it all like yourself.

I simply reported what Faulk said. You are turning this into a personal attack because you know Faulk has more football knowledge, and credibility than you do. I don't understand your fascination with trying to run me down and talk as if you are somehow enlightened, and I am some idiot with no clue, but you don't hear me whining about it.

But thank goodness we have experts like you on here pontificating endlessly on how they know best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Well what habits did Schaub have...throwing pick 6s to end games? I'll take the sacks. You had a kid who was making his first starts and did some great things. He needs work definitely. Schaub had been around and regressed and showed his limitations. They both can be coached up. But again, what makes Pick 6 guy someone who you'd put your money on vs kid with upside? I think you are wasting your money.
Yea he threw pick 6's. It happens. It just so happens that it happened at a record setting pace during those games. It does not mean it would have continued to happen had he been allowed to play through it.

Keenum did great things? When? Where? You must have been watching a different Case Keenum than I was. Upside is a buzzword people use when they have no real world evidence to show regarding their player. Upside, or potential do not win games. Experience does, and Schaub has plenty of it, and before his pick-6-o-thon he was considered by many to be a top tier QB. Just because he had a bad year does not mean he is done, no matter what you message board experts say. Many of you said Kubiak was finished too, a washed up has been that the NFL had passed by.

Quote:
If we only had more experts like you, the NFL would be so much more fun to watch. How NFL owners have not discovered you yet is beyond me. I guess the world is just not very fair.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #70
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Faulk is underestimating the mental aspect of Schaub's bad season...ffs the guy spent half of the season alone on the sideline, staring off into space with his helmet on and had grown a badly neglected hobo beard by week 17.

He needs a fresh start...far away from here and specter of 2013, or he could leave football entirely (I wouldn't blame him for feeling jaded). Either way, I can't think of a worse person to start at QB for the Texans in 2014, in terms of moving beyond the surreal nightmare of this past season, than Matt Schaub.
Old 01-28-2014   #71
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
If we only had more experts like you, the NFL would be so much more fun to watch. How NFL owners have not discovered you yet is beyond me. I guess the world is just not very fair.
Don't worry, I'll be sending in my resume to the Texans if they bring back Schaub. They clearly could use some of my help.
Old 01-28-2014   #72
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 57086 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't worry, I'll be sending in my resume to the Texans if they bring back Schaub. They clearly could use some of my help.
Oh yes, clearly they need your help. What was McNair thinking hiring O'Brien when he had you sitting right here. What an idiot McNair is.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #73
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 41193 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Go home Marshall, you're drunk!!
I am not!

Oh! you're talking to that other Marshall. Never Mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #74
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

If Matt Schaub gives us the best chance to win in 2014, then that means we have very little chance.

If Schaub is our QB in 2014 we will be drafting number one again.
Old 01-28-2014   #75
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Typical response from you. Fat Jokes? Really? First of all, perhaps you missed the title of the thread. I did not say that, a HOF player who has been anti-Schaub said it. I love how you all try to destroy Faulk's character and discount what he says just because it does not align with your opinion. It's the same thing you do to anyone on this board who is not a knee jerk, know it all like yourself.

I simply reported what Faulk said. You are turning this into a personal attack because you know Faulk has more football knowledge, and credibility than you do. I don't understand your fascination with trying to run me down and talk as if you are somehow enlightened, and I am some idiot with no clue, but you don't hear me whining about it.

But thank goodness we have experts like you on here pontificating endlessly on how they know best..

What are you talking about?

First of all.. I'm sorry my "fat camp" joke/analogy offended you, but I don't subscribe to being PC. If that hurts your feelings, sorry. Grow thicker skin.

Second, why do you think I tried to "destroy Faulk's character and discount what he says".. Please tell me where the hell I even mentioned Faulk's name, much less tried to destroy his character in any post that I have made in this thread or on this board? Please do, I'll be sitting here waiting. But if you want me to talk about him.. I don't doubt he has more football knowledge than I ever will. That still doesn't mean he's right about this topic and that "Schaub gives the Texans the best chance to win in 2014".. Because nobody knows that right now, the freaking draft hasn't even taken place, much less FA

Third, How did I turn this into a "personal attack" when I didn't even quote your post or respond to it, and the only mention I even made about you was mentioning on how you seem emotionally driven in your defense of Matt Schaub. That isn't a "personal attack". It's a simple observation and not one that isn't outlandish by the way you freak out and post some of the crap that you do against anybody who says anything (and I mean anything) critical of Schaub.

You want to accuse people of personnel attacks.. you didn't even finish that sentence without giving one and never once in this thread did I "talk about how I'm enlightened or how you're a idiot with no clue", stop being so sensitive anytime somebody doesn't think Schaub is god or has a difference of opinion with you.

Holy crap.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 01-28-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #76
Nawzer
Alienz

Quote:
Oh yes, clearly they need your help. What was McNair thinking hiring O'Brien when he had you sitting right here. What an idiot McNair is.
Nah I got nothing against O'Brien...yet. He seems like a smart fellow (like myself ). The 2013 season or as I like to call it: "How Not to Play Football". A romantic thriller comedy documentary featuring Gary Kubiak and Matt Schaub will show O'Brien that Schaub clearly has forgotten how to play the QB position. His next stop should probably be retirement and enjoy playing golf for the rest of his life. But he'll get another shot at a backup job somewhere, I don't care where as long as it's not here.
Old 01-28-2014   #77
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ummm yeah you should put more stock into what a HOF player says over a disgruntled former teammate like Ward. Where was Ward is 2013 again? Dumb question and shines light on where your head is.
What reason would ward have to be disgruntled with Schaub? Sounds like you're making up a narrative. Glad dbarrell brought up Ted johnson, I'd forgotten about him and Seth Payne and nd kalu and Greg koch.

Yes someone definitely has there head somewhere.

I see you have some kind of weirdness going on with Schaub and this isn't a real conversation so I'll just leave this one right here.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #78
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
What reason would ward have to be disgruntled with Schaub? Sounds like you're making up a narrative. Glad dbarrell brought up Ted johnson, I'd forgotten about him and Seth Payne and nd kalu and Greg koch.

Yes someone definitely has there head somewhere.

I see you have some kind of weirdness going on with Schaub and this isn't a real conversation so I'll just leave this one right here.
Ward is obviously disgruntled because he isn't a HOFer and doesn't have a cable TV position so he doesn't know as much as Faulk, having a HOF ring and talking on T.V. gives you more insight over actually being a guy's teammate and knowing him personally.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #79
Jaytrajik
Rookie

I'd be okay with trading the 1st pick for a king's ransom and playing Schaub sans Kubiak's micro management for one year. A lot of those costly interceptions came at the expense of running Kubiak's lame pre-scripted system. I'd like to see how Schaub would do if given free reign to run the offense.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 3
Old 01-28-2014   #80
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Coincidentally, Matt Schaub also gives us the best chance to win the #1 pick in 2015.
It's like a win-win situation without any actual winning taking place.

It would be pretty darn amazing to see that kind of epic asshattery take place. I can't deny it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read