Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2014   #501
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 86161 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Only QB in this class I think could be day one ready is Bridgewater, Bortles is up in air still. Manziel def, but I think if he goes to Browns or Raiders likely will be day one.

I just find it really hard to believe Matt Schaub will be,here in Houston barring cut and or a massive paycut. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense with his contract; which makes him untradeable.

Though, i've decided Nitro is really Marshall Faulk.
lol, you're late to the party, I am rumored to be Schaub's brother, or some other relative, but whatever floats your boat dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Don't call someone else out for being ridiculous and then put complete nonsense in the rest of your post. Teams don't lock down their starting lineup in the middle of March. If a better player is available later, they will make him the starter. So if Schaub is available next week or next month or in June, if he is better than a team's starter he will beat out the other guy. If Schaub is available immediately and a team signs him, they may be projecting him as the starter but that's not a guarantee (see Seahawks & Matt Flynn).

So you think the Texans pulled a d!ck move by keeping Kubiak too long??? Or you are one of the folks here who hate everything about the Texans and will spin anything they do into a d!ck move. Personally I would rather they do what is in the best interest of the team, which at times does require some d!ck moves, although Kubiak and Schaub don't fall into that category.
Listen, I will call out anyone I like, and I do not have to take my queue's from you dude. Just because your perception is that my posts are full of crap does not mean they are. But I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to call me out.

The D!ck Move with Kubiak was not allowing him to finish the season with 3 games left, not going to go into it all over again. Read the other threads and get up to speed.

The D!ck Move with Schaub will be robbing him of a chance to start elsewhere by hanging onto him, and while you may think you know how, or when NFL teams set their starting roster, I am going to go ahead and guess you don't since you do not work for any of them, and are not present during contract negotiations, and that you, like many of the other wind bags in here have no idea what you are talking about and are just guessing.

You throw out anecdotal evidence about when teams set their starting lineup by using the Matt Flynn example and expect that to hold water? It's ridiculous. They thought he was the guy, which is why they spent the money on him, only to find in camp, he wasn't the guy. That does not happen all over the NFL every year so give me a break. The guy who gets paid the most, or is drafted 1st overall is going to start in 99.9% of the cases.

Of course teams have a pretty good idea who the starter is going to be, or who they want it to be, yes even in March. Does it happen on occasion when the projected starter does not work out and someone else is inserted, of course, but rarely.

I am one of the people who love the Texans, and I will support whatever they decide to do, and whomever they throw out there, and I will be entertained. It may not always be great entertainment, but it sure beats digging ditches, or reading your posts. it is only people like you who think that what you say in here, or think, makes a damn bit of difference on the direction of the team, or who the coach will select as the starter. We are here to discuss the Texans, and none of us KNOW what is going on, or what will happen, no matter how tuned in you think you are. If you were, you would be working for an NFL team, not posting messages in a forum.

Get over yourself.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #502
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 86161 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
So the Texans suck because they fired Kubiak before the end of the season (giving him extra time to look for a job), but also suck because they're holding on to Schaub a few extra days to see if he can bring value in a trade? That makes a lot of sense.

I do laugh at the notion of Schaub having trade value. Maybe they'll get that 2016 7th rounder they covet? Absurd. Just cut the guy and move on. Nobody, but nobody, believes Schaub will play QB for the Texans next year.
Tick tock, tick tock...

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #503
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
lol, you're late to the party, I am rumored to be Schaub's brother, or some other relative, but whatever floats your boat dude.

Listen, I will call out anyone I like, and I do not have to take my queue's from you dude. Just because your perception is that my posts are full of crap does not mean they are. But I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to call me out.

The D!ck Move with Kubiak was not allowing him to finish the season with 3 games left, not going to go into it all over again. Read the other threads and get up to speed.

The D!ck Move with Schaub will be robbing him of a chance to start elsewhere by hanging onto him, and while you may think you know how, or when NFL teams set their starting roster, I am going to go ahead and guess you don't since you do not work for any of them, and are not present during contract negotiations, and that you, like many of the other wind bags in here have no idea what you are talking about and are just guessing.

You throw out anecdotal evidence about when teams set their starting lineup by using the Matt Flynn example and expect that to hold water? It's ridiculous. They thought he was the guy, which is why they spent the money on him, only to find in camp, he wasn't the guy. That does not happen all over the NFL every year so give me a break. The guy who gets paid the most, or is drafted 1st overall is going to start in 99.9% of the cases.

Of course teams have a pretty good idea who the starter is going to be, or who they want it to be, yes even in March. Does it happen on occasion when the projected starter does not work out and someone else is inserted, of course, but rarely.

I am one of the people who love the Texans, and I will support whatever they decide to do, and whomever they throw out there, and I will be entertained. It may not always be great entertainment, but it sure beats digging ditches, or reading your posts. it is only people like you who think that what you say in here, or think, makes a damn bit of difference on the direction of the team, or who the coach will select as the starter. We are here to discuss the Texans, and none of us KNOW what is going on, or what will happen, no matter how tuned in you think you are. If you were, you would be working for an NFL team, not posting messages in a forum.

Get over yourself.
Condescending much?

There happen to be people on this MB that do know how the inner workings of how the Texans do their business and even they didn't go to the firing of Gary was a D!ck move card.

But don't worry yourself over Schaub's future, he will be QBing the Raiders or Browns next yr so all should be well in the Nitrofish world. Gary seems to have found a soft landing spot with the Ravens so everything will work out fine for Gary/Schaub. So I really don't get why you think Gary was treated badly. Gary even took out a full page add to thank McNair for all of his support throughout the yrs. This would not have happened if Gary had thought McNair Screwed him over. You seem to be the only one who thinks McNair screwed Gary.

Unless you think McNair's treatment of Gary kept Gary from getting a HC job. Which if that was the case you were living in fantasy land.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #504
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Unless you think McNair's treatment of Gary kept Gary from getting a HC job. Which if that was the case you were living in fantasy land.
Given that he was offered one, not so much.
Old 03-16-2014   #505
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Given that he was offered one, not so much.
Who offered Gary a HC job?

Link please
Old 03-16-2014   #506
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45123 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Link please
I thought his only HC interview was with Detroit ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #507
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Link please
No link so disregard if you want - Cleveland.

Keep in mind your statement above though that some folks do have unreported knowledge.
Old 03-16-2014   #508
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
I thought his only HC interview was with Detroit ...
Me too and I didn't read anywhere that Mayhew offered Gary the job. I could've missed something though and that's why I asked for the link.
Old 03-16-2014   #509
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
There happen to be people on this MB that do know how the inner workings of how the Texans do their business and even they didn't go to the firing of Gary was a D!ck move card.
Not only did he can Kubiak three weeks after an on the field stroke, but he promoted the man who just gave up 27 points to a team that averaged 15 ppg all season.

total d!ck move imo.
Old 03-16-2014   #510
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Keep in mind your statement above though that some folks do have unreported knowledge.
He wanted too much control.

Edit, that link says he wanted to be OC+, not that he was offered the HC gig.

Here's a link saying he interviewed for the job in Detroit.
Old 03-16-2014   #511
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

There are really still people defending Kubiak and saying McNair treated him badly after giving him 8 years with no results?
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #512
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
There are really still people defending Kubiak and saying McNair treated him badly after giving him 8 years with no results?
It's two different issues - 1) whether he should have been fired and 2) how he was fired.
Old 03-16-2014   #513
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 25944 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

As is stated so often, it's a business. Firing Gary when we did put the Texans in front of the pack and the advantage in getting the coach they wanted.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #514
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Source: Texans And Raiders In Serious Trade Talks For Matt Schaub

HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) The Houston Texans and Oakland Raiders have been in serious talks about a trade involving Matt Schaub heading to Oakland, a source has told SportsRadio 610.

SportsRadio 610 learned that the Texans are trying to make the deal and eventually want a quarterback that can step in an play right away in 2014, whether that is in the draft or in a trade.

The Texans are looking to ship out Matt Schaub and his $10.5 million in salary cap cost to the Raiders, who have $59.9 million in cap space, and free up more cap room for their own ability to grab someone else in free agency or via trade.

There is no word on who or what the Texans would be receiving back from Oakland or if any other players would leave the Texans.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/03/...r-matt-schaub/
Old 03-16-2014   #515
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279 View Post
Good get, repped.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #516
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68220 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

What can they offer us?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #517
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
What can they offer us?
Draft picks.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #518
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Thanks

I didn't know this and don't blame Gary for not wanting that job.

BTW, what have you heard on Schaub to the Browns. I think he would make a great fit
Old 03-16-2014   #519
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279 View Post

HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Texans and Oakland Raiders have been in serious talks about a trade involving Matt Schaub heading to Oakland, a source has told SportsRadio 610.

SportsRadio 610 learned that the Texans are trying to make the deal and eventually want a quarterback that can step in an play right away in 2014, whether that is in the draft or in a trade.

The Texans are looking to ship out Matt Schaub and his $10.5 million in salary cap cost to the Raiders, who have $59.9 million in cap space, and free up more cap room for their own ability to grab someone else in free agency or via trade.

There is no word on who or what the Texans would be receiving back from Oakland or if any other players would leave the Texans.

I could see a McGloin for Schaub trade.

Could they send the Raiders Keo and any of the LB's not named Cushing too?
Old 03-16-2014   #520
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 69681 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I could see a McGloin for Schaub trade.
Schaub counts as $10.5M dead money against the Texans cap whether he is traded or cut. A trade only transfers the Base ($10M) and Bonus ($937,500) to the new team. Using the June 1 designation only permits the Texans to push $7M of the dead money hit off to 2015 but is not available if he is traded.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read