Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2014   #481
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Why are you so infatuated with the word suck, or sucked? Never mind don't answer that. Where did I say anything about feelings, or loyalty? See, you seem to like to add things that were never said, nor inferred. So if you get paid millions of dollars it's ok to treat someone with no respect when you are done with them? Nice corporate attitude there dude.

Business is business, but you don't screw someone over you are letting go out of starting job because it helps you keep your cards close to your vest on acquiring a new employee. Especially if that employee worked for you for 7 years and dragged your sorry a$$ed company out of the gutter. If that is the way you do business, I'm glad I am not doing business with you.
Didn't realize that I say "suck" a lot but when it comes to Kubes or Schaub, that's the first adjective that comes to mind. And if I worked at my company for 7 years and did a crappy job of it I'd expect to be let go and wouldn't have hard feelings and cry about it. Schaub dragged us out of the gutter? More like took us out of the gutter, left us on the sidewalk, then finally took us to the front yard and then lit us on fire and pissed on the ashes. I have no loyalty to Schaub or Kubes, they both SUCKED and currently do SUCK and I wish they would both never have anything to do with football in my city again.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #482
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think it would be a good idea with 2 if not all 3 of the top 3 QBs this year. Not saying the Texans share my opinion.
Seems as though they may as the days go by and Matty-Pick-6 is still on the roster. The longer this strings along has me thinking they've got something up their sleeve.

I guess I'm not a REAL FAN since I feel this situation being drug out is intriguing with the different directions it could take at any time.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #483
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

You know how it is when you're getting ready to go home for the weekend.... you've got 20 minutes left. You're watching the clock & every minute seems like an hour?

That's what this is like.
Old 03-13-2014   #484
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But look at what they did to Kubiak, so as I said in a previous post, why would they be any different when it concerns Schaub?

It's a total d!ck move if they hold on to him so long, there are no starting spots left!
So the Texans suck because they fired Kubiak before the end of the season (giving him extra time to look for a job), but also suck because they're holding on to Schaub a few extra days to see if he can bring value in a trade? That makes a lot of sense.

I do laugh at the notion of Schaub having trade value. Maybe they'll get that 2016 7th rounder they covet? Absurd. Just cut the guy and move on. Nobody, but nobody, believes Schaub will play QB for the Texans next year.
Old 03-13-2014   #485
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93630 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
So the Texans suck because they fired Kubiak before the end of the season (giving him extra time to look for a job), but also suck because they're holding on to Schaub a few extra days to see if he can bring value in a trade? That makes a lot of sense.

I do laugh at the notion of Schaub having trade value. Maybe they'll get that 2016 7th rounder they covet? Absurd. Just cut the guy and move on. Nobody, but nobody, believes Schaub will play QB for the Texans next year.
I believed that too a couple days ago. After seeing what the crap QB free agent class is getting paid and Gabbert go for a 6th rounder I am not so sure now.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #486
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I believed that too a couple days ago. After seeing what the crap QB free agent class is getting paid and Gabbert go for a 6th rounder I am not so sure now.
The "crap" FA QBs are getting $5 million/year. Gabbert has a $2 million salary. Schaub is set to make $10 million in 2014, plus $625k in roster bonuses, on his current contract. That contract is not tradeable, without a wink-wink deal that Schaub will renegotiate. And why would he, when he could just wait until he's cut and sign with whomever will give him the best opportunity?
Old 03-13-2014   #487
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I firmly believe that reason Kubiak was fired after the Jags loss was because he pulled Keenum and played Schaub. That didn't sit well with McNair. Bob stewed about it on the long flight home (as he told us). Exacted his displeasure and decision the next morning. Then McNair informed all listening that Case Keenum was the starting QB for Houston Texans.

I agree with your assessment of Schaub. I don't know of any team who would want to take over Schaub's 3 year contract with a 2014 salary of $10 million. After the Texans CUT Schaub his best offer maybe between $2-$3 million.
Old 03-13-2014   #488
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
cak, you'd really draft a QB with the first overall pick of the draft and have him sit? Sink or swim, with a QB taken that highly, he's GOT to start on day 1, right?
Only QB in this class I think could be day one ready is Bridgewater, Bortles is up in air still. Manziel def, but I think if he goes to Browns or Raiders likely will be day one.

I just find it really hard to believe Matt Schaub will be,here in Houston barring cut and or a massive paycut. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense with his contract; which makes him untradeable.

Though, i've decided Nitro is really Marshall Faulk.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #489
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93630 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The "crap" FA QBs are getting $5 million/year. Gabbert has a $2 million salary. Schaub is set to make $10 million in 2014, plus $625k in roster bonuses, on his current contract. That contract is not tradeable, without a wink-wink deal that Schaub will renegotiate. And why would he, when he could just wait until he's cut and sign with whomever will give him the best opportunity?
Overpaid ****. The Raiders are in an odd situation. they like Schaub, it has leaked they want him and now they are in danger of not hitting the cap floor. Perfect storm.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #490
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
After the Texans CUT Schaub his best offer maybe between $2-$3 million.
He could get more. Maybe. What I want to see is if Schaub passes a physical by someone other than the Texans doctors.
Old 03-13-2014   #491
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Overpaid ****. The Raiders are in an odd situation. they like Schaub, it has leaked they want him and now they are in danger of not hitting the cap floor. Perfect storm.
The Raiders are an odd situation. For sure. Have been for years. But, they won't pay Matt Schaub $10 million.
Old 03-13-2014   #492
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with your assessment of Schaub. I don't know of any team who would want to take over Schaub's 3 year contract with a 2014 salary of $10 million. After the Texans CUT Schaub his best offer maybe between $2-$3 million.
I can see another team restructuring Schaub's deal. Turn the $10M into a roster bonus, pay him a $5M salary to do so. He pockets $15M for this season alone.

If they decide to cut him, they'll have to eat $6.6M in dead money, as a June 1st cut that would be $3.3M in 2015 & $3.3M in 2016.

If he kicks butt & wins their starting job, he'll have a $15.8M cap hit in 2015 & $17.8M in 2016... or something like that.
Old 03-14-2014   #493
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I can see another team restructuring Schaub's deal. Turn the $10M into a roster bonus, pay him a $5M salary to do so. He pockets $15M for this season alone.

If they decide to cut him, they'll have to eat $6.6M in dead money, as a June 1st cut that would be $3.3M in 2015 & $3.3M in 2016.

If he kicks butt & wins their starting job, he'll have a $15.8M cap hit in 2015 & $17.8M in 2016... or something like that.
Man if you're gonna dream, dream BIG. Turn $5Mill into bonus and a $5Mill salary. Take it or leave it.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #494
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Man if you're gonna dream, dream BIG. Turn $5Mill into bonus and a $5Mill salary. Take it or leave it.
Well when you come up with scenarios for why a team might want to trade for Matt & his contract, you've got to come up with something that will be a win for both sides. As an internet/recliner GM, we call those "win/win" situations.

Matt is only scheduled to make $10M this season. If Oakland trades for him, they need to offer an incentive for him to renegotiate. Since both Cassell & McCown signed two year $10M deals, I'm thinking an extra $5M will persuade Schaub to go with Oakland & not chase a comparable deal......

Anything with "take it or leave it" will most likely result in him being a Texan until June 1st, maybe longer. We won't get a draft pick for him... which is why we want to find scenarios in which Matt would be open to renegotiating & being traded.
Old 03-14-2014   #495
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 30145 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought you could not say anything more ridiculous than you had in the past. I apologize. I was wrong.

No reason unless you wanted to give the guy a shot at starting somewhere else, right? But look at what they did to Kubiak, so as I said in a previous post, why would they be any different when it concerns Schaub?

It's a total d!ck move if they hold on to him so long, there are no starting spots left!

Classless move if they rob him of a chance to start elsewhere by holding onto him to long.
Don't call someone else out for being ridiculous and then put complete nonsense in the rest of your post. Teams don't lock down their starting lineup in the middle of March. If a better player is available later, they will make him the starter. So if Schaub is available next week or next month or in June, if he is better than a team's starter he will beat out the other guy. If Schaub is available immediately and a team signs him, they may be projecting him as the starter but that's not a guarantee (see Seahawks & Matt Flynn).

So you think the Texans pulled a d!ck move by keeping Kubiak too long??? Or you are one of the folks here who hate everything about the Texans and will spin anything they do into a d!ck move. Personally I would rather they do what is in the best interest of the team, which at times does require some d!ck moves, although Kubiak and Schaub don't fall into that category.
Old 03-14-2014   #496
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Schaub designated as a June 1 cut = June 2, 2014 $3.5 mil Dead Money; 2015 = $7 million in Dead Money. There is no 2016.
Old 03-14-2014   #497
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Schaub designated as a June 1 cut = June 2, 2014 $3.5 mil Dead Money; 2015 = $7 million in Dead Money. There is no 2016.
He is talking about if Schaub plays 2014 under a restructured version of his current contract and then is released next offseason.

So Schaub designated as a June 1, 2015 cut = June 2, 2015 $3.5 mil dead money; 2016 = $3.5 million in dead money.

Why he is randomly off on moving $3.5 to $3.3 is a mystery however.
Old 03-14-2014   #498
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
In that totally fictitious scenario, with the Raiders attempting to renegotiate Schaub's salary, he'll play 2014, then possibly cut in 2015. With the fictitious $10M signing bonus divided by 3 years, they would be on the hook for $3.3M in 2015 & 2016 if they designate him a June 1, 2015 cut.
Old 03-14-2014   #499
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching fans on this board grouse about Schaub and his current status as a Texan is pretty funny to me. Even if the worst happens and he has to start in 2014 (something I doubt happens, but stranger things have been done in the NFL) I doubt he's going to throw a pick six in every game until benched.

He was pretty good for a few years and looked great before Albert Haynesworth ruined everything for him. Him having a Pennington-esque bounce back year isn't completely out of the question.

Still, I would RATHER have somebody like Bridgewater or Manziel be the QB week 1 2014 but I'm not so blinded by rage and uh whatever emotions you guys are having over Schaub that I wouldn't watch Texans football next year.
Old 03-14-2014   #500
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Watching fans on this board grouse about Schaub and his current status as a Texan is pretty funny to me. Even if the worst happens and he has to start in 2014 (something I doubt happens, but stranger things have been done in the NFL) I doubt he's going to throw a pick six in every game until benched.
I don't personally care about Matt. As long as we bring his replacement in.... 1st/2nd/3rd round pick... I'm good. He was supposed to get us 8~12 weeks of good football last year before dropping off the face of the earth. Hopefully they figured out what that was all about & we can get that 8-12 weeks of .500 football before pressing our rookie into service.

However... mama is not a Schaub fan. & if mama ain't happy..... nobody's happy. I'm getting all I can now, because I don't know what the future has in store, if you know what I mean
:wink:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read