Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2014   #461
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
I'm reading where Chronicle reporting Schaub returns "next season."

Not accurate. I'm saying he remains on team for now!

I wrote Schaub could be cut later, including before season. They won't carry his $10 mil salary next season. No reason to cut him now.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #462
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 20h

Browns cutting QBs today opens up a spot for Matt Schaub. If they don't get him, then Rex Grossman is the next man up
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #463
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Any chance the browns and raiders are in a bidding war for Schaub?
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #464
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Meltdown if they keep him, eh not so much as if they start him...It would be stupid money wise to keep him...

If he takes a huge pay cut and becomes the backup to whom ever, so be it. You would have a pretty good backup QB.

As the starter, there would be riots in the street....
I thought you could not say anything more ridiculous than you had in the past. I apologize. I was wrong.

Anyone who riots, or uses violence in any way because the QB they want is not starting should be rounded up and forced to watch the "Twilight" series 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for life! B!tch and moan all you want, but riots, violence? Houston does not deserve an NFL franchise if this even comes close to being reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
I wrote Schaub could be cut later, including before season. They won't carry his $10 mil salary next season. No reason to cut him now.
No reason unless you wanted to give the guy a shot at starting somewhere else, right? But look at what they did to Kubiak, so as I said in a previous post, why would they be any different when it concerns Schaub?

It's a total d!ck move if they hold on to him so long, there are no starting spots left!

I would like to believe all of this means that they are going to start him for one more season at this point. Many of you have given your reasons why they won't cut him until last minute, but I think if they believed as many of you do, (washed up, noodle arm, shell shocked, horrible) they would have cut him already, but then Newton is still on the team also, so I have no idea wtf is going on.

Classless move if they rob him of a chance to start elsewhere by holding onto him to long.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #465
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Meltdown if they keep him, eh not so much as if they start him...It would be stupid money wise to keep him...

If he takes a huge pay cut and becomes the backup to whom ever, so be it. You would have a pretty good backup QB.

As the starter, there would be riots in the street....
Say the Texans aren't sold on any of the QBs this year and maybe want to take someone in the second or later. It's a plausible situation that OB doesn't see the QB of the future in the first (and I don't think ANY of us here want him to reach for someone he's not sold on).

Suddenly, you need a veteran QB who has some experience and isn't a complete scrub...he's going to cost about the same amount that cutting Schaub will save us, right? And, isn't Schaub a veteran QB? Some might argue he's a complete scrub at this point in his career, but I'll leave that up to OB to decide, I'm good either way.

Of course...that's all assuming no QB in the first.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #466
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
No reason unless you wanted to give the guy a shot at starting somewhere else, right? But look at what they did to Kubiak, so as I said in a previous post, why would they be any different when it concerns Schaub?

It's a total d!ck move if they hold on to him so long, there are no starting spots left!
Not at all if they are fielding any kind of interest in a potential trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Of course...that's all assuming no QB in the first.
No it applies to QB in the first as well if they don't want to have to start him game 1.
Old 03-13-2014   #467
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
Any chance the browns and raiders are in a bidding war for Schaub?
I'm thinking...

http://youtu.be/QKGBB22nsZQ?t=1m40s
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2014   #468
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Or they haven't made up their mind that they don't want him

Or Schaub has given them reason to believe he is open to a pay cut.

Or..... & it's hard for me (not a hater) to believe, they want him to start.
Old 03-13-2014   #469
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought you could not say anything more ridiculous than you had in the past. I apologize. I was wrong.

Anyone who riots, or uses violence in any way because the QB they want is not starting should be rounded up and forced to watch the "Twilight" series 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for life! B!tch and moan all you want, but riots, violence? Houston does not deserve an NFL franchise if this even comes close to being reality.

I would like to believe all of this means that they are going to start him for one more season at this point. Many of you have given your reasons why they won't cut him until last minute, but I think if they believed as many of you do, (washed up, noodle arm, shell shocked, horrible) they would have cut him already, but then Newton is still on the team also, so I have no idea wtf is going on.

Classless move if they rob him of a chance to start elsewhere by holding onto him to long.
Why do you get so concerned with feelings and loyalty? You were crying when they parted ways with Kubiak when they did and now you're crying if they hold onto Schaub too long? Both got paid millions of dollars and both sucked horribly last year. This team has been overly loyal to too many people so I would be glad to see them finally get over that.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #470
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You know what....

nevermind, not even worth the time...

Last edited by BullNation4Life; 03-13-2014 at 01:23 PM.
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #471
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

"Riots in the streets" is a figure of speech.
Old 03-13-2014   #472
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
man don't even bother. some people just want to watch the world burn....
Old 03-13-2014   #473
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Agreed.

Although CNN might report 4 morons standing in a circle burning a Schaub jersey is a riot.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #474
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Agreed.

Although CNN might report 4 morons standing in a circle burning a Schaub jersey is a riot.
yup, no matter how much you try...you can't fix stupid...
Old 03-13-2014   #475
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not at all if they are fielding any kind of interest in a potential trade.

No it applies to QB in the first as well if they don't want to have to start him game 1.
cak, you'd really draft a QB with the first overall pick of the draft and have him sit? Sink or swim, with a QB taken that highly, he's GOT to start on day 1, right?
Old 03-13-2014   #476
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
cak, you'd really draft a QB with the first overall pick of the draft and have him sit? Sink or swim, with a QB taken that highly, he's GOT to start on day 1, right?
Oilers did it with McNair. He wasn't the #1 overall but #3 is close enough....

I would sit him if the o-line still needed work to protect the investment...

otherwise it is David Ca....HWSNBN all over again...
Old 03-13-2014   #477
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
LOL..

I hope not...

Would be nice if we could get them trying to bid for Schaub to finally have a competent QB after going so long with out one.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #478
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it would be a good idea with 2 if not all 3 of the top 3 QBs this year. Not saying the Texans share my opinion.
Old 03-13-2014   #479
buddyboy
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think it would be a good idea with 2 if not all 3 of the top 3 QBs this year. Not saying the Texans share my opinion.
That's interesting. I agree it would likely be beneficial for a young QB to sit behind an established QB and learn before being throw into the fire, but when does that happen in the NFL? I can't recall any situations where a QB was taken in the top 10-15 picks and didn't start immediately.
Old 03-13-2014   #480
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Why do you get so concerned with feelings and loyalty? You were crying when they parted ways with Kubiak when they did and now you're crying if they hold onto Schaub too long? Both got paid millions of dollars and both sucked horribly last year. This team has been overly loyal to too many people so I would be glad to see them finally get over that.
Why are you so infatuated with the word suck, or sucked? Never mind don't answer that. Where did I say anything about feelings, or loyalty? See, you seem to like to add things that were never said, nor inferred. So if you get paid millions of dollars it's ok to treat someone with no respect when you are done with them? Nice corporate attitude there dude.

Business is business, but you don't screw someone over you are letting go out of starting job because it helps you keep your cards close to your vest on acquiring a new employee. Especially if that employee worked for you for 7 years and dragged your sorry a$$ed company out of the gutter. If that is the way you do business, I'm glad I am not doing business with you.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read