Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-11-2014   #421
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
I have to laugh when people seem to speak for the entire fan base as if they are all united in a single perception. I know for a fact there are plenty of Schaub supporters in the Texans fan base, and just because the haters scream and shout the most does not mean all Texans fans think Schaub is Divisive.
Do you go to the games? Yes there are Schaub supporters. But as a general matter haters out shout supporters and to the point if you try as a supporter to out shout them, your point is drowned out and just adds to the apparent volume of the sea of booing. It's golf clap v. drunken maniac - the maniac is the one who gets heard.

Quote:
There is something to be said for the fact that even though some of the fan base sees Schaub as public enemy #1, it was Brice McCain that was the first to go, and not Schaub. He is still a Texan, at least for now.
No, really there isn't. The two mean nothing to one another.
Old 03-11-2014   #422
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm guessing this is off Twitter.... no editor?
Yes. Every time you see me post short sentence(s) with an off color header including a name and @Xxxxx that is sourced from Twitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
LZ sometimes inserts his head deep into his ass if that is his comment about can't run a franchise worried about fans booing...
RT(ReTweet, copying a tweet from someone else) "@TermiRaider: @lancezierlein Can't run a franchise worried about fans booing." -- reply to LZ from user @TermiRaider...

I usually don't include RTs but LZs comment on it's own appeared kinda harsh if just a random swipe at Schaub. I don't know a clearer way to do it... sorry for the confusion.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #423
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

They were speculating on the Radio that it would benefit the team to hold on to Schaub until after the draft because if some team didn't get a QB or had a young project QB they might be interested in trading for him.

Not my thoughts, theirs...Just passing the idea along.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #424
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm guessing this is off Twitter.... no editor?
What's worse is that it's not correct even if he'd used the right word and spelled it correctly. Schaub is not "divisive" to the fan base. I'd say if anything the overwhelming majority of Texans fans are united in their feels about being done with Matt Schaub.
Old 03-11-2014   #425
Nitrofish
FSM Rules!

Rep Power: 57899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Do you go to the games? Yes there are Schaub supporters. But as a general matter haters out shout supporters and to the point if you try as a supporter to out shout them, your point is drowned out and just adds to the apparent volume of the sea of booing. It's golf clap v. drunken maniac - the maniac is the one who gets heard.

No, really there isn't. The two mean nothing to one another.
So you are ok as a fan being represented by the drunken maniacs? I'm not. My point was exactly that. The press reports it as fans in general not ok with Schaub, but in reality all they hear is the drunken maniacs. Neither my daughter of I are drunken maniacs, and we do not want to be lumped in with the drunken maniacs booing, burning jerseys, or showing up at Schaub's house.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #426
Nitrofish
FSM Rules!

Rep Power: 57899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
What's worse is that it's not correct even if he'd used the right word and spelled it correctly. Schaub is not "divisive" to the fan base. I'd say if anything the overwhelming majority of Texans fans are united in their feels about being done with Matt Schaub.
See what I mean. How could you possibly know that or even think it? There are millions of Texans fans. How can you say with a straight face you know that the overwhelming majority think X?

Old 03-11-2014   #427
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I have to laugh when people seem to speak for the entire fan base as if they are all united in a single perception..
I believe he meant to say divisive, meaning the source of division among the fans... in this case, I'm sure you agree, he's 100% correct.
Old 03-11-2014   #428
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you are ok as a fan being represented by the drunken maniacs? I'm not. My point was exactly that. The press reports it as fans in general not ok with Schaub, but in reality all they hear is the drunken maniacs. Neither my daughter of I are drunken maniacs, and we do not want to be lumped in with the drunken maniacs booing, burning jerseys, or showing up at Schaub's house.
I didn't say anything about being OK with it.

But one of my favorite sayings is "don't sweat sh!t you can't change." The reality is positive voices get drowned out.
Old 03-11-2014   #429
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain on 610AM: "If the Texans were going to cut Matt they would have."
Old 03-11-2014   #430
Nitrofish
FSM Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
John McClain on 610AM: "If the Texans were going to cut Matt they would have."
Will crap that means he will certainly be released now. The General record is not all that good if memory serves. It's kind of how I feel, as I said seems like he should have been the first cut, but my board mates say different, so I wait like the rest of you. Bad Joo Joo though if McClain said it. lol

Old 03-11-2014   #431
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok let me get this straight, since I think Schaub's time should be done in Houston I'm a drunken maniac?

I bet if you told Schaub he could go to another team he would be happy to go and avoid all of the criticism he will face if he stays in Houston.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #432
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Ok let me get this straight, since I think Schaub's time should be done in Houston I'm a drunken maniac?
No.

You're a drunken maniac because you're crazy and you drink alot.

Of course, I also think Schaub's time should be done in Houston.

And I don't even drink.

So.

There you go.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #433
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59425 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

somebody is still

Saw in another thread, thought I would put it in here cause God know this damn thing isn't long enough, that rumors flying around about Schaub trade to Browns for a 4th...

If they trade Schaub, will they still get the same relief on the cap than they would if they cut him June 1st?
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #434
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
somebody is still

Saw in another thread, thought I would put it in here cause God know this damn thing isn't long enough, that rumors flying around about Schaub trade to Browns for a 4th...

If they trade Schaub, will they still get the same relief on the cap than they would if they cut him June 1st?
No, it will be the same as if they cut him before June 1st - all the dead money in 2014.
Old 03-11-2014   #435
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Will crap that means he will certainly be released now.
Good to see can joke about it.

Quote:
The General record is not all that good if memory serves. It's kind of how I feel, as I said seems like he should have been the first cut, but my board mates say different, so I wait like the rest of you. Bad Joo Joo though if McClain said it. lol
Yes, if you & the General agree, you're wrong.

The primary reason for us to cut Schaub is to gain cap relief. IMO, it doesn't make any sense to "take the hit now" because cutting him barely gets you enough money to sign his replacement. There isn't a FA QB out there right now that would be an upgrade over Schaub (now if we could get Josh Freeman... ) So you may as well eat the $4M & keep Matt.

jmo

Now if we make him a June 1st cut... then we save enough money to sign our rookie class, allowing us to spend the $10M the NFL just gave us on two or three FAs.

So why cut OD now? That doesn't make sense to me. Unless he just doesn't fit the profile & they're letting him get to the market as early as possible... but Garrett Graham is virtually identical physically, why make a push for him?

Younger, yes I understand that. Doesn't have the injury concerns, I understand that... but a bird in the hand you know? If you've got room on your team for a 6'3" 250ish TE with averagely good speed.... keep OD until you know you've got Graham.

So yeah, I'm confused here as well... but that's not saying a lot.
Old 03-11-2014   #436
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So why cut OD now? That doesn't make sense to me. Unless he just doesn't fit the profile & they're letting him get to the market as early as possible... but Garrett Graham is virtually identical physically, why make a push for him?

CND posted that OD failed his physical - that is one of the reasons he was cut.
Old 03-11-2014   #437
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97743 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
somebody is still

Source of this rumor?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #438
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

QB Matt Schaub is a "serious possibility'' for Cleveland Browns, would compete with Brian Hoyer, source says
Quote:
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- It's a "serious possibility'' that the Browns will sign Texans veteran quarterback Matt Schaub to compete with Brian Hoyer, a league source told cleveland.com...
Old 03-11-2014   #439
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97743 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Known about that. What about a trade possibility?

Seriously if the Jags traded Gabbert, Smith can trade Matt right?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #440
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Known about that. What about a trade possibility?

Seriously if the Jags traded Gabbert, Smith can trade Matt right?
Contracts are way different.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read