Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-08-2014   #381
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 266080 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Quote:
Among teams believed to have interest in Matt Schaub if (when) he gets released by #Texans: #Browns and #Raiders. #Jets if they cut Sanchez
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #382
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Yea sure, that's it. Just another veiled insult and on par for your personality. Why does it keep circling back around to being about me with you? Are you stalking me or what?

I just find it humorous that if anyone disagrees with you guys about Schaub they are all just trying to get attention, or do not know what they are talking about, or had too many concussions, or are just giving lip service. In your mind it is not possible Duane Brown really thinks or believes that. Lip service or sports babble is easily identifiable. I do not think that is what you just saw with Duane Brown.

I follow the guy on Twitter for years now, and he is about a straight shooter as there is.

I suggest you do a little reading on the benefits of cutting players post June 1st before calling out others for being "evasive" because you have little understanding how the cap works.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #383
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 186361 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
From NFL.com

Quote:
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday that a trio of teams are believed to have interest in the veteran passer, including the Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders and New York Jets, according to a source informed of Schaub's situation.

All three squads make sense as potential landing spots.

The Raiders are starting over at the position, while the Jets are a lock to chase after an experienced signal-caller if -- and, again, when -- they cut Mark Sanchez.

In Cleveland, adding Schaub would reunite him with offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, the former Texans play-caller who squeezed the most out of the quarterback during their time together.

If cut, Schaub will have a say in where he goes next, which adds complexity to the process. Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported last month that the quarterback has no interest in backing up the Jets' Geno Smith, which would suggest that he has no interest in backing up potential young passers in Oakland or Cleveland, either.

Both teams are likely to draft a rookie quarterback, and neither can sell Schaub as a difference-maker to their wounded fans after he comprehensively melted down last season in Houston.

Still, after one NFL coach said in January that a released Sanchez would "be the starter as soon as he walked in the door for us," maybe Schaub has a better shot than we're giving him to earn another No. 1 gig.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #384
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Schaub has all the leverage here. he gets paid all that money either way.
Not exactly.

If we cut him today, he gets none.

If we cut him June 1st, he gets none.

If we negotiate a $7M pay cut, he gets $4M divided into 16 game checks.

the dead money that screws up our cap has already been paid to him.
Old 03-08-2014   #385
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 61664 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
I suggest you do a little reading on the benefits of cutting players post June 1st before calling out others for being "evasive" because you have little understanding how the cap works.
Dude, how is asking someone to clarify what he is saying calling someone out? I asked the question, I did not call him out. You are just looking to derail the thread.

I do not claim to be a cap expert, which is why I asked for clarification. I wanted a simple answer why Schaub would not be cut May 10th if at this point it was all about draft strategy. I never got a direct answer, so I felt like he was being evasive with his answer.

So instead of you just answering the question that you seem to have, you want to turn it into an attack on me. If you have the answer, provide it. Otherwise let CND fight his own battles if he perceives them to be that.

I want to know what the answer is. That is why I asked.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #386
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Leaving Houston may be the best thing to happen to Schaub. Kurt Warner got no love in New York, but got to the Super Bowl & locked in a first time HOF ballot in Arizona.
Old 03-08-2014   #387
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude, how is asking someone to clarify what he is saying calling someone out? I asked the question, I did not call him out. You are just looking to derail the thread.

I do not claim to be a cap expert, which is why I asked for clarification. I wanted a simple answer why Schaub would not be cut May 10th if at this point it was all about draft strategy. I never got a direct answer, so I felt like he was being evasive with his answer.

So instead of you just answering the question that you seem to have, you want to turn it into an attack on me. If you have the answer, provide it. Otherwise let CND fight his own battles if he perceives them to be that.

I want to know what the answer is. That is why I asked.
I already answered your question with a post made my icak.

I don't understand what else you are looking for.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2014   #388
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In your mind it is not possible Duane Brown really thinks or believes that. Lip service or sports babble is easily identifiable. I do not think that is what you just saw with Duane Brown.

I follow the guy on Twitter for years now, and he is about a straight shooter as there is.
So if he didn't like Schaub, Brown would say so? Which is besides the point. Duane Brown is playing for the Texans, not running the organization.

Quote:
With the Vikings re-signing Cassel when all the rumor were he opted out of his contract to join O'Brien here in Houston, it's looking more and more like the Texans plan on Keeping Schaub around for one more season....
....to you. Everyone else realizes that the league year for 2014 doesn't begin until March 11th. That's as soon as the Texans could release Schaub. Though they could wait until June 1st, depending upon how the team wants to manage the cap in 2014. At somepoint between those dates, Schaub will be gone. Keep on believing though...
Old 03-08-2014   #389
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
So if he didn't like Schaub, Brown would say so? Which is besides the point. Duane Brown is playing for the Texans, not running the organization.

....to you. Everyone else realizes that the league year for 2014 doesn't begin until March 11th. That's as soon as the Texans could release Schaub. Though they could wait until June 1st, depending upon how the team wants to manage the cap in 2014. At somepoint between those dates, Schaub will be gone. Keep on believing though...
I actually didn't realize that Schaub wouldn't count against the cap next year if we cut him prior to June 1st. So, I really don't see us keeping him at all and would be surprised if we waited until June 1st to cut him.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #390
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 61665 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Look it is quite simple really, you have to cut Matt Schaub for 3 specific reasons...

1: He sucks

2: cutting him gives you need cap space and he sucks...

3: See reasons 1 & 2

Seems like a win/win to me...
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #391
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Look it is quite simple really, you have to cut Matt Schaub for 3 specific reasons...

You forgot to add that he sucks.
Old 03-09-2014   #392
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 61664 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post

Exactly the kind of comprehensive analysis I would expect from someone like you. Your Mom must be so proud!

Old 03-09-2014   #393
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I already answered your question with a post made my icak.

I don't understand what else you are looking for.
Sorry, I missed your comments. Thanks.

Old 03-09-2014   #394
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Another former NFL QB who gets added to the now infamous "Sucks List" is Kurt Warner and NFLN host Andrew Siciliano. The video was made Dec 2013, but unless you are one of those who believes these guys just say things they don't mean because they are just giving lip service, it's clear to me at least, that Kurt Warner has an entirely different opinion of Matt Schaub than most of you, which in my feeble mind seems to be forming a pattern.

Quote:
Andrew Siciliano: From what you've seen, and knowing there are going to be a lot of teams that need QB's next year, is he a starter in this league still?

Kurt Warner: I don't think there's any question that he's a starter in this league. When I go back and watch the film, he makes a lot of big throws that not a lot of guys in this league make. Unfortunately things got sideways for him this year, and the pick 6's, just kind of spiraled out of control.

If you look at a number of teams in the NFL, he would be a huge upgrade at the starting position. I think the one thing that you're gunna look at is when he is out trying to sign with another team is just the fact that he hasn't won a lot of big games, and so, what exactly are you getting, how much do you pay this guy? But just strictly from a starting QB when you look around the league, I believe this guy deserves a spot.

Andrew Siciliano: Do you think he is unfairly taking the blame here?

Kurt Warner: Uh, you know, I think to some degree. I think, I mean again, it got away from him a little bit, and he started pressing a little bit and not playing necessarily up to his standards, so a little bit's got to be put on him but, yeah, I think a lot of things started to go out of control for this team, on both sides of the ball and unfortunately the QB is always going to take the brunt of the blame.

Andrew Siciliano: I'll say this right now. It's not all his fault, it's not all Case Keenum's fault, but I guarantee if Matt Schaub didn't lose his job, this team is not facing a 10 game losing streak. That's just what I think.

Kurt Warner: (Smiles and nods in a agreement)
See the entire interview including Warner's comments about Case Keenum and what he thinks of him as a starting QB in the league in the link below.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ith-the-Texans

Andrew Siciliano Background

Sucks List:
Marshall Faulk - HOF RB
Bucky Brooks - 8 Year NFL Scout
Ron Jaworski - Eagles HOF QB, NFL QB Analyst
Jeff Garcia - 4x NFL Pro Bowl QB
Duane Brown - 2x Pro Bowl OT
Kurt Warner - 2x NFL MVP, SB MVP XXXIV, Future HOF QB
Andrew Siciliano - NFL Sunday Ticket Red Zone Host, NFLN Host

Old 03-09-2014   #395
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306626 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Kurt Warner doesn't suck. He is certainly a QB with empathy for a precipitous fall going from the super bowl to throwing 3 TDs and 11 INTs the next season and losing his starting gig partially due to lingering injury.
Old 03-09-2014   #396
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Another former NFL QB who gets added to the now infamous "Sucks List" is Kurt Warner and NFLN host Andrew Siciliano. The video was made Dec 2013, but unless you are one of those who believes these guys just say things they don't mean because they are just giving lip service, it's clear to me at least, that Kurt Warner has an entirely different opinion of Matt Schaub than most of you, which in my feeble mind seems to be forming a pattern.
Anywhere in that exchange say that the Texans should keep Matt Schaub as their QB? BTW, the answer is "no".
Old 03-09-2014   #397
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Anywhere in that exchange say that the Texans should keep Matt Schaub as their QB? BTW, the answer is "no".
Well since you seem to have problems reading between the lines I will help you.

Quote:
strictly from a starting QB when you look around the league, I believe this guy deserves a spot.
Anywhere in that exchange did he say the Texans should cut Schaub? If he thinks Schaub deserves to be a starter in the league why would he think the Texans should cut him? BTW, the answer is he wouldn't!

Old 03-09-2014   #398
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 266080 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
"I talked to him, I think it was two weeks ago. I get the feeling that he feels like hes going to be here." Andre Johnson on Matt Schaub
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014   #399
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
“As long as Matt is my teammate, me and Matt are going to be working together,” Johnson said. “Hopefully he’s still here. That’s out of my control but we’ll see what happens.”
Quote:
“No matter what I think, he’s going to get a chance to right it. I think he’ll get a chance to go out and show people he can go out and play at a high level like he has before, if it’s here or somewhere else,” Johnson said. “I’ve always said if Matt’s not here, he’s going to be a starter somewhere else so I think no matter what happens, he’s going to have a chance to show people he can be a top quarterback in this league.”
So who among you are going to say AJ sucks, is giving lip service, or is out of his mind?

The whole article here

Old 03-09-2014   #400
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
So who among you are going to say AJ sucks, is giving lip service, or is out of his mind?

The whole article here
Lip service.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read