Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-11-2014   #241
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
TK is right about one thing; IF they want to bring in a F/A vet, this is what we have to chose from...

Color me less than excited.

The alternative is draft Manziel or Bridgewater or **insert your guy here** and go with Yates or Keenum as our #2.

Rookie QB. Rebuilding defense....

This may be another loooonnnng year.
Or maybe the Texans have a turn around year like Seattle had last year with a rookie named Wilson...

Like Wilson's daddy use to tell him, why not him...Hell why not us!

keep that glass half full, brother!

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #242
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
You have to add Matt Cassel, who voided the last year of is contract and will be a free agent. Cassel was in New England with O'Brien for 2 seasons. He could probably run the offense in his sleep and would be perfect for a young QB to learn under.
O'Brien was coaching WRs when Cassel was there.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #243
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
O'Brien was coaching WRs when Cassel was there.
And? You don't think he knows Cassel and what he can do?
Old 02-11-2014   #244
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
And? You don't think he knows Cassel and what he can do?
Cassel did play for Crennel... he might know him too well.
Old 02-11-2014   #245
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71588 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TK is right about one thing; IF they want to bring in a F/A vet, this is what we have to chose from...

Color me less than excited.

The alternative is draft Manziel or Bridgewater or **insert your guy here** and go with Yates or Keenum as our #2.

Rookie QB. Rebuilding defense....

This may be another loooonnnng year.
Where would you rate Keenum on this list of QBs?
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #246
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Or maybe the Texans have a turn around year like Seattle had last year with a rookie named Wilson...

Let me get back to you after the draft and F/A is over.

...make that after OTAs.
maybe then I'll have an idea how good a this O'Brien guy is.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #247
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45123 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I've spent plenty of time knocking down unwarranted or overblown attacks on Schaub over the years
Maybe what was unwarranted was your treatment of those who saw Matt for what he was.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2014   #248
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
I was not directing those comments at you anyway. I think you have been level headed on all of you posts, including the Schaub stuff so sorry if you felt like I was lumping you in with the ABS crowd.

I started this thread in hopes it would be filled with some tangible stuff, but the only real effort put into it was from Brisco_County who posted a really well laid out argument with diagrams and all, and while I may have dismissed it, or even mocked it a bit (Sorry Bro), I still appreciated the thought and effort he put into it, and it was at least original, based on his own experiences.

The rest of the ABS crowd just keep parroting the same tired speculation over and over, as if that somehow validates what they are posting. It doesn't. I honestly believe if there was a problem with the foot we would be hearing about it endlessly from other sources not just this MB. No offense doc, I am sure you are a very honest and knowledgeable medical resource, but you did not perform the surgery on MS, or have never even examined him, so while I appreciate your wisdom in that arena, it's still only speculation.

This thread is not a call to keep Schaub. It is a thread that asks the question. Could Marshal Faulk be right, and is it possible the new HC could take that route, if not, why? But sadly it turned into the same old Us vs Them crap this and other boards are famous for.

No Faulk is not right if the intent is winning as many games as possible. Since I think this is a 3 yr rebuild this wouldn't be such a bad thing. Have you seen BO'B's offense? If so what would make you think Schaub would be a good fit? He likes tall strong armed QB's? Does that seem like Schaub would be a good fit in his offense?

Carry on with your Schaub maturbatory tendencies..
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #249
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Maybe what was unwarranted was your treatment of those who saw Matt for what he was.
Maybe? LOL
Old 02-11-2014   #250
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post

Is Rick Smith still the GM of the Texans?
Old 02-12-2014   #251
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Is Rick Smith still the GM of the Texans?
touche'

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014   #252
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this is not what mcnair wants 2 do but hope we just do what the jags did last season

Purge the entire roster get our cap really good

stockpile picks

and make a run in 2015 or whenever the SB is in Houston
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014   #253
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Where would you rate Keenum on this list of QBs?
Hmmmm.... interesting question.

...just for review, here's the list again...
Quote:
Derek Anderson CAR
Jimmy Clausen CAR
Josh McCown CHI
Jordan Palmer CHI
Jon Kitna DAL
Shaun Hill DET
Matt Flynn GB
Seneca Wallace GB
Chad Henne JAC
Josh Freeman MIN
Luke McCown NO
Curtis Painter NYG
David Garrard NYJ
Michael Vick PHI
Charlie Whitehurst SD
Tarvaris Jackson SEA
Colt McCoy SF
Kellen Clemens STL
Brady Quinn STL
Dan Orlovsky TB
Rusty Smith TEN
Rex Grossman WAS
Hard to say without having some idea if O'Brien wants to go Pats-type spread, Old skool "run-first", or what...

Let me put it this way, I wouldn't cut Case Keenum to pick up any of those guys; especially considering nearly all of them most likely represent a significant cap hit compared to Case's rookie salary. And, IMHO, there won't be a significant increase in performance for that additional money.

Now if you want to bring McCoy or Quinn in - just to randomly pick two names from the list - to compete in camp; and they beat out Case and/or T.J..... I'd be up for that.

For the record, I'd still spend that first pick on Matthews because the right side of the O-line sucked. Fix that sucky O-line, let Case be Case (i.e., throwing deep and running if necessary), say Foster comes back to being pre-bad back Foster, and Hopkins/Posey take a step up then just maybe we'll have an offense worth watching.
just my
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014   #254
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
For the record, I'd still spend that first pick on Matthews because the right side of the O-line sucked. Fix that sucky O-line, let Case be Case (i.e., throwing deep and running if necessary), say Foster comes back to being pre-bad back Foster, and Hopkins/Posey take a step up then just maybe we'll have an offense worth watching.
just my
I agree Kubiak didn't do Keenum no favors. Like Carol & Harbaugh, he should have moved the pocket for Case a little more. Instead of asking him to pick up that free blitzer & set up where everybody knew he was going to be. Then you have to question why Wade Smith & Derek Newton got any playing time, much less the majority of it.

Did I see something in Case? Yeah. Enough? Not even close. If he & Tj are our veteran QBs next season, I'll question McNair's sincerity about wanting to win in 2014. If he ends up taking us to a 10-6, 11-5 type season & AFC Championship game appearance... well... that's not going to happen so.
Old 02-13-2014   #255
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 86161 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
No Faulk is not right if the intent is winning as many games as possible. Since I think this is a 3 yr rebuild this wouldn't be such a bad thing. Have you seen BO'B's offense? If so what would make you think Schaub would be a good fit? He likes tall strong armed QB's? Does that seem like Schaub would be a good fit in his offense?

Carry on with your Schaub maturbatory tendencies..
Well, I would wager Faulk has seen O'Brien's offense a time or two, and yet this HoF football player still made the comment. Hmmm, imagine that, someone who disagrees with you. Schaub has won plenty of games, stop acting like he is the scrub of the NFL.

Carry on with your obsessive Schaub bashing tendencies...

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014   #256
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well, I would wager Faulk has seen O'Brien's offense a time or two, and yet this HoF football player still made the comment. Hmmm, imagine that, someone who disagrees with you. Schaub has won plenty of games, stop acting like he is the scrub of the NFL.

Carry on with your obsessive Schaub bashing tendencies...
Obsessive tendencies? LOL See Lucky's post about your posting tendencies. I just call people out when they refuse to listen to what other intelligent posters say, (C-N-D/Icak/Lucky/anybody with 1/2 a brain) Schaub is hurt, back it up with research, things play out the way that they say it will play out and you still cant bring yourself to admit that there's even a chance that YOU could be wrong. It must be great being YOU, always the smartest man in the room. (Are you Matt/Gary's relative? Hell, Gary's relatives are on this MB and they're more objective when it comes to Schaub than you are. (Not really surprising. I really am thinking about stopping replying to you because it is a waste of my time.

I didn't ask you what Faulk thought. I asked what you thought? Or are you able to think for yourself?

Faulk has never been the smartest man in the room when it comes to talking football on NFLN. But since you agree with him IYO he is.

Tell me have you heard Faulk analyze other teams? If so, why would you have the opinion of Faulk that you do?

Oh that's right, he agrees with you?
Old 02-13-2014   #257
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

So, Marshall Faulk is a Matt Schaub expert. Hmmmm, that's interesting...

Quote:
“[Matt Schaub] needs to be on the bench watching. His confidence is shot. If they put the game on Schaub, they can’t win.”Marshall Faulk on Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub who has thrown an interception which has been returned for a touchdown in four consecutive games. October 13, 2013

Source
This quote took me two minutes to find (and I'm sure I could find more). Faulk has been a Schaub basher in the past so much that I stopped listening to him in 2012 about the Texans. He's always dogged this franchise to the point that I have thought he had something personal against us. I'm an avid NFLN watcher, so it's not like I have not seen a lot of Marshall Faulk. I respect his career and even his opinions to a certain extent, but he's talking out of both ends at this point regarding Schaub.

Now other opinions in my link support Schaub, and this was during his 2013 meltdown. But to act like Faulk himself is consistent is a matter of not paying attention to him for any length of time.

p.s.

Quote:
"Matt Schaub needs to do some soul searching. Who he is right now, it doesn’t look like the Houston Texans can hang their hat on him.”Marshall Faulk on Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub

January 14, 2013
Full quote of above mention:

Quote:
“I want to see if [Houston Texans head coach] Gary Kubiak is going to pull the trigger [on benching quarterback Matt Schaub]. [He] needs to be on the bench watching his team operate and figure out they can do it without him. If they put the game on Schaub, they can’t win. His confidence is shot.”Marshall Faulk on Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub who has thrown an interception which has been returned for a touchdown in four consecutive games.

Source
I'm trying to find any quote from Faulk where he says anything positive about Schaub before January 2014. No luck so far...
Old 02-13-2014   #258
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If so, why would you have the opinion of Faulk that you do?
He didn't think so highly of Faulk's opinion in October.

Quote:
Watching Game Day Morning on NFLN, and it was encouraging to hear everyone but Faulk agree you stick with Schaub. I fully expected Irvin to blast Schaub, but he surprised me. I know there are those here who think they have better insight than guys like them, but I will stick the Texans players who stand behind Schaub, and the former players from around the league who have also agreed you stick it out with Schaub.
Didn't like Faulk when he called for benching Schaub in October. But Faulk is the ultimate authority now. OK.
Old 02-13-2014   #259
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hmmmm.... interesting question.

...just for review, here's the list again...

Hard to say without having some idea if O'Brien wants to go Pats-type spread, Old skool "run-first", or what...

Let me put it this way, I wouldn't cut Case Keenum to pick up any of those guys; especially considering nearly all of them most likely represent a significant cap hit compared to Case's rookie salary. And, IMHO, there won't be a significant increase in performance for that additional money.

Now if you want to bring McCoy or Quinn in - just to randomly pick two names from the list - to compete in camp; and they beat out Case and/or T.J..... I'd be up for that.

just my

Tried to rep, no dice.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014   #260
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

Tried to rep, no dice.
I just rep'd him for something else.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read