Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-07-2014   #181
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Wow, impressive! I would be interested to read that. Have the link?
Yes, here you go: http://www.texanstalk.com

Sorry, just love to be a smarty.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #182
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Why not learn to use the search feature available on this forum?
You got a link for that?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #183
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Why not learn to use the search feature available on this forum?
There's a search function? You're such a helpful moderator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
You got a link for that?
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Yes, here you go: http://www.texanstalk.com

Sorry, just love to be a smarty.
lol

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #184
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate this thread. I gives Marshall Faulk way more credit than he deserves.

Old 02-07-2014   #185
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I want it to be critiqued or challenged.
I think is one of the funniest I have ever seen on TexansTalk. Pure awesome, well done.
JamesBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #186
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9556 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=525

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
IF it is a Lisfranc, healing is complicated in patients who sustain this type of injury. The most common complication of the Lisfranc injury is post-traumatic arthritis of the joint. In the medical literature, it is quoted as high as 50% of those having sustained this injury. This post-traumatic arthritis mimics degenerative arthritis, but its course is accelerated because of severe injury to a joint. This can lead to chronic pain in the injured joint, and may necessitate fusion of the joint in order to prevent chronic debilitating pain.

It also ought to be pointed out that even in the cases of isolated midfoot metatarsal fractures, the development of the arthritis and chronic pain can still be a significant long term problem.
Dishman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014   #187
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I have always had the theory that Schaub’s biomechanics are inherently imbalanced, and therefore unstable. I base this on the postural misalignment evident in all of his team photos. I’m sure some of you have noticed it too, but I’ve never seen a discussion here on how it could affect his mechanics.

In the pictures below, the yellow lines are a square X and Y axis anchored in the center of the collarbone. The vertical blue line is the diverted angle of the cervical spine (neck) from the Y axis. Halfway through the vertical blue line, there is one vector point where it changes direction back to 0 degrees, indicating a compensatory tilt in the head. The vector point is placed at the base of the nose since that is approximately where the base of the skull meets the spine.

In figure 1, the horizontal blue line follows the estimated tilt in the collarbone. The tilt is only estimated since the jersey conceals the necessary reference points to track it accurately.

Figure 2 confirms that the misalignment on a younger Schaub to indicate that it has always been present.

Below, the figure on the left illustrates how his neck is tilting, and how the head tilts to compensate. On the right is an example of a neck with a normal vertical angle.

With a neck diverted to that degree, one would expect a compensatory curvature in the thoracic (middle) and lumbar (lower) spine. This often results in a tilting of the collarbone and pelvis, which would cause one arm to drop lower, and one leg to strike the ground harder when running. Below is an example of how a tilted neck is an indication of compensatory misalignments throughout the rest of the skeletal frame. Notice the pelvic tilt from horizontal.

Figure 1 indicated that Schaub’s collarbone and shoulders are apparently within a “normal” range of the X axis. Since I could not find any other team photos from mid-torso to compare to figure 1, I used the photo in figure 3 below, then emphasized the negative (black) space in figure 4 to demonstrate how uneven the shoulders hang. Also note differences in the shapes of the negative space around the neck.

For contrast, let’s look at the alignment of a random teammate, TJ Yates. His neck alignment isn’t perfect, but it’s about the best you could expect from anyone, much less a football player. Considering the daily effects of sitting on the bench, hunching over film study, and lurking on Texans Talk, TJ’s doing pretty good here. This cervical alignment is Texans worthy.

Question 1: Assuming that Schaub’s frame is as imbalanced as I’m theorizing, why does that mean his mechanics are unstable? That is because a quarterback throw is a motion of the entire body, much like boxing or baseball pitching. If you have ever taken boxing, you know that a good instructor coaches you on the form of your entire body to achieve an efficient transfer of energy from the planting toe to the fist. Power and accuracy are lost if your mechanics are inefficient.

Question 2: What makes me an expert on biomechanics? Not much. I’m presenting data, and this is my conclusion. I also have spinal misalignment, and my X-rays confirm a tilt in my collarbone and hips. It does not prohibit weight training, but long distance running is painful. Since I notice the imbalance in my own posture, I notice it in other people too.

Question 3: Is it possible that I am projecting my own spinal condition onto Schaub? Possibly, but from what I’ve researched, compensatory misalignments in the spine follow a predictable trend. I've never seen a case of only a crooked neck without a compensatory curve in the thoracic or lumbar spine. Also, this fact is revealing to me: I would not have been able to play football due risk of back or hip injury, but Schaub’s degree of misalignment is worse than mine.

Question 4: Why wasn’t Schaub’s mechanical imbalance a prohibitive factor before 2013? Because Schaub is a hard worker who overcame any mechanical issues during his developmental years. My theory asserts that his mechanics were only unstable, not consistently unreliable. Today, his mechanics are deteriorated because he is planting on a foot that is sending slightly inaccurate messages to his head. That is what this all comes down to: The foot isn’t doing exactly what his brain thinks it is, and his coordination can no longer compensate for the imbalanced mechanics.

So there is my theory. It is founded more on my experience and observations than on academic study, so take it for what it's worth. I also look forward to CnD either confirming or shredding it.
Adult scoliosis is quite common........up to 70% of the population depending on the definition assigned in individual studies. Scoliosis usually begins in the hip/lumbar areas and is compensated as you go up the body (with appearance of asymmetry as you have demonstrated in the shoulders, head and neck regions). The lesser scoliosis cases....~10 degrees are not usually appreciated by most people. The taller the subject, the more exaggerated the visual effect. As it gets closer to 25 degrees, it becomes more apparent. If the scoliosis has not reached 30 degrees by adolescence, it is unlikely to progress in adulthood. Now if we are talking about degenerative scoliosis, which either occurs within the older age group or trauma-induced degenerative scoliosis, it tends to progress at ~ 1 degree per year.

At which point are you usually restricted from playing sports? Usually it is not necessarily dependent on the degree of scoliosis unless grossly pathologic...........it is mostly dependent on the presence or absence of back pain during activities in question.

Nice presentation there, Brisco! Rep coming your way.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2014   #188
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Add Bucky Brooks to the list of people who think "Fixing Schaub" is the best path for the Texans in 2014.

http://www.nfl.com/podcast/nfl-draft...9280000/detail

Forward to 8:10 to hear the Bucky Brooks comments, and then comment. But please try to be objective, and not just try to attack Brooks like you have Marshall Faulk's opinion.

Old 02-09-2014   #189
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Add Bucky Brooks to the list of people who think "Fixing Schaub" is the best path for the Texans in 2014.

Forward to 8:10 to hear the Bucky Brooks comments, and then comment. But please try to be objective, and not just try to attack Brooks like you have Marshall Faulk's opinion.
Great podcast, thanks for sharing.

As far as Schaub goes, I've never been a Schaub hater. I agree with what he is saying, but his cap number is crippling. I need him to take a big paycut. I'd be ok with putting in some performance based bonuses/accelerators, but his cap number has to come down. If he's not willing to take the cut we need, I've got to let him go.
Old 02-09-2014   #190
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We can count on you to scour the interwebs for Pro-Schaub comments.

First, Brooks was pro-Clowney. He felt the best way to "fix" the Texans was to make the defense dominant. And, he has a very good point. Then, he said that Schaub had been a Pro Bowl QB (which he was) and that O'Brien should look at the tape and determine if there's anything left to fix.

Which is fine. But, if he watches the Schaub of late 2012/2013, he would realize that Schaub is not fixable. Which again, brings up the question, what do the Texans do at QB? Later in the podcast, Charles Davis says don't be surprised if the Texans go for Blake Bortles, who looks like a good fit for what O'Brien looks for in a QB.'

So, Brooks never says that Schaub is fixable. Just that if he were, that would be the best path. Who believes that to be true? Matt, his mother, and you. So, the whole notion is based on a false premise.
Old 02-09-2014   #191
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:
We can count on you to scour the interwebs for Pro-Schaub comments.

First, Brooks was pro-Clowney. He felt the best way to "fix" the Texans was to make the defense dominant. And, he has a very good point. Then, he said that Schaub had been a Pro Bowl QB (which he was) and that O'Brien should look at the tape and determine if there's anything left to fix.

Which is fine. But, if he watches the Schaub of late 2012/2013, he would realize that Schaub is not fixable. Which again, brings up the question, what do the Texans do at QB? Later in the podcast, Charles Davis says don't be surprised if the Texans go for Blake Bortles, who looks like a good fit for what O'Brien looks for in a QB.'

So, Brooks never says that Schaub is fixable. Just that if he were, that would be the best path. Who believes that to be true? Matt, his mother, and you. So, the whole notion is based on a false premise.
I knew I could count on you to be the lead on this. I really love how you speak for not only ALL Texans fans, but apparently the entire world in regards to Matt Schaub. I mean this thread alone proves you wrong because of what Marshal Faulk said.

You are also clearly distorting what both I and Brooks said. I never said Schaub was fixable, but I will say it now. He is not as bad as you and others make him out to be. He had a bad half of a season, he has not fallen off the earth. The entire team had a bad season. It was not all on Schaub so get realistic and stop with the pontificating.

Clearly without using the words, both Brooks and Smith are implying that Schaub was recently a Pro Bowl caliber QB, and that the season was an aberration, not a trend, and that at least in Brooks' mind, Schaub is fixable. That it is advisable they fix whatever problem there is with the Veteran Schaub, which would allow them to select Clowney instead of a QB 1:1 which in Brook's opinion is the best way to make the Texans relevant in 2014. You notice they did not even mention Keenum as an option. If he did not think Schaub was an option he would not have said what he did, and he might have said you go with Keenum, or a veteran FA. He was clearly saying he thinks Schaub is serviceable for a quick turn around with the selection of Clowney instead of a Rookie QB. Why else mention Schaub at all?

"I'm going to get Jadeveon Clowney, I'm going to make sure that my defense is dominant. If we talk about that team being a top 5 defense, I want to put it at another level where that defense alone can win games, because the way that I look at it in the NFL, running game and the defense will get you to 8 or 9 wins, just on that.

A Good QB will take you to 11 or 12, and if you have a really good QB, you can win the deal. So, Matt Schaub was a Pro Bowl QB a few years ago, if I'm Bill O'Brien, I want to investigate and look at all the tapes and see if there is something I can fix in the established veteran, to allow him to play at a high level, because he has skins on the wall, he's played a ton of games in the NFL, he doesn't need an adjustment period to play well.

But if I can fortify that defense and make sure my running game is strong, that's the quickest way for my team The Houston Texans to get back to the top of the AFC south" -Bucky Brooks

The problem with your comments are that you believe that the entire planet thinks Schaub is done, not fixable, with the exception of Me, Matt and his Mom. That kind of Dogmatic talk reveals a lot about you and why you are so anal when it comes to discussions regarding Matt Schaub. Clearly guys like Marshall Faulk, and now Bucky Brooks disagree with you, and darn it, that just pisses you off doesn't it? Those guys are just crazy, and they have some agenda, right? I mean they should be talking about Keenum, or Manziel, not that noodle armed, washed up Schaub, right?

But yea, keep trying to put labels on me though, it really helps your argument and credibility.

Old 02-09-2014   #192
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I
if I'm Bill O'Brien, I want to investigate and look at all the tapes and see if there is something I can fix in the established veteran, to allow him to play at a high level, because he has skins on the wall, he's played a ton of games in the NFL, he doesn't need an adjustment period to play well.

The problem with your comments are that you believe that the entire planet thinks Schaub is done, not fixable, with the exception of Me, Matt and his Mom. That kind of Dogmatic talk reveals a lot about you and why you are so anal when it comes to discussions regarding Matt Schaub. Clearly guys like Marshall Faulk, and now Bucky Brooks disagree with you
Brooks never said that Schaub was fixable, but it should be investigated. "I want to investigate...." tells me he hasn't seen enough of Schaub recently. It hasn't been a 1/2 season, either. Schaub has thrown 13 TDs vs 19 INTs over the past 16 games. I'm pretty sure myself, and most of the fans on this forum have watched a hellofalot more of Matt Schaub and the Texans than Faulk or Brooks. We see that it is a trend and not an aberration that Schaub has declined to the point that he is no longer a winning QB (which he once was).

As far as being "anal" concerning Schaub, 144 or your 374 total posts contain the word "Schaub". It's pretty well known who is anal about what here.
Old 02-09-2014   #193
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hate that Schaub got hurt. I actually thought he was good enough to win a SB in Houston. That ship has sailed. Wonder what it would take for Faulk/Brooks to think Schaub wasn't the best option for the Texans? 16 pick 6's?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #194
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brooks never said that Schaub was fixable, but it should be investigated. "I want to investigate...." tells me he hasn't seen enough of Schaub recently. It hasn't been a 1/2 season, either. Schaub has thrown 13 TDs vs 19 INTs over the past 16 games. I'm pretty sure myself, and most of the fans on this forum have watched a hellofalot more of Matt Schaub and the Texans than Faulk or Brooks. We see that it is a trend and not an aberration that Schaub has declined to the point that he is no longer a winning QB (which he once was).
Yup. I've spent plenty of time knocking down unwarranted or overblown attacks on Schaub over the years, but it has become clear he is no longer that QB. He's still capable of producing brief stretches of high level play and is better than some of the ridiculous alternatives thrown around but as a regular starter for the Texans his time has passed. I think he may get another shot to start elsewhere but will never be the pre-injury QB he was. As a backup he will be one of the best around. Bottom line he is a desperation only option in Houston.
Old 02-09-2014   #195
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:

As far as being "anal" concerning Schaub, 144 or your 374 total posts contain the word "Schaub". It's pretty well known who is anal about what here.
The fact that you would look that up shows who's anal, lol. And as a reminder, I am a reactionary remember, so if indeed that is true, then I am only reacting to some dribble some other Schaub hater spewed, which I only do when the posts get really ridiculous.

So you would not look up the link for that post where Doc predicts Ed Reeds injury to be career ending, but you will look up how many times the word Schaub is mentioned in my posts? Bwahahahahahaha!

Did you also look up how many times the same word is mentioned in your posts? I mean this is a Texans message board, and Schaub has been the starting QB for the team since 2007, so I would wager his name has been mentioned a lot, wouldn't you? Especially when he played bad. I would even be bold enough to wager in a higher percentage in haters posts, than my own.

This is comedy gold Lucky!

Old 02-09-2014   #196
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Correct me if I am wrong, hell it happens twice a year so I am due, wasn't this EXACT same topic discussed when Kubiak came in, EVERYBODY said that he could fix Carr and that all the Texans needed was a better defense....

Explain to me again how THAT scenario turned out in the end...

ALL ties need to be cut and move on...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #197
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I hate that Schaub got hurt. I actually thought he was good enough to win a SB in Houston. That ship has sailed. Wonder what it would take for Faulk/Brooks to think Schaub wasn't the best option for the Texans? 16 pick 6's?
Don't be so melodramatic. I think had he been re-inserted into the starting lineup after he had healed from his injury, and threw one or two more pick 6's, it would have been enough to say he has lost it for this season, but to extrapolate that into the rest of last season, and even worse what you are doing now which is implying Schaub will continue to throw pick 6's the rest of his career is laughable. For all any of us know, he could have turned it around last season had he been allowed to play though it.

I do not believe these analysts are turning a blind eye to the facts, but I do believe some of you fans have your blinders on, and Vince Lombardi himself could rise from the grave and say Schaub was the Texans best chance for the Texans to win in 2014, and you would all argue "yea but Lombardi is dead, and the NFL is different now, blaa, blaa, blaa"

Same crap you did, and some are still doing with Keenum. "oh Keenum did not get a fair chance" "oh the team had already quit" blaa, blaa, blaa. Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor?

All of these complex speculative explanations as to why Schaub had a bad year, or why you think he is finished as a player are all just theater to entertain yourselves and feel like you have some kind of 3rd eye and can see deeper into the game of football and it's players than other people can. A belief that your perceptions are correct, but when challenged by scouts, former players, current players, etc, you resort to name calling, and labeling in an effort to regain some of that imaginary power you have over the football realm. It's just like people who call other people a racist in an effort to label that person as bad, and therefore invalidate all of their comments even though the person was not exhibiting racist behavior or language.

You are laying at my feet what two former players are saying, and trying to make it out like I put them up to this, just to make you look bad. I am not directing these comments at you steelbtexan, just the first paragraph. The rest of this rant is aimed at those who's posts regarding Schaub are unreasonably harsh, and unrealistic, almost cartoon like, which sadly you have been guilty of at times.

Old 02-09-2014   #198
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, hell it happens twice a year so I am due, wasn't this EXACT same topic discussed when Kubiak came in, EVERYBODY said that he could fix Carr and that all the Texans needed was a better defense....

Explain to me again how THAT scenario turned out in the end...

ALL ties need to be cut and move on...

I hear what you are saying, and I have even echoed the same words, yet it still seems to be an attack on me for creating this thread, rather than any of you discounting what Faulk and Brooks are saying. What I am hearing is that those guys do not watch as much Texans football as some of you, so therefor their comments are invalid. Not a very strong argument IMHO.

And I would be willing to bet, as the draft draws near, even more analysts and talking heads will agree with Faulk and Brooks. They will say that the Texans need to take Clowney, and fill other needs first and that Schaub is serviceable for one more year if he takes a pay cut.

Old 02-09-2014   #199
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't be so melodramatic. I think had he been re-inserted into the starting lineup after he had healed from his injury, and threw one or two more pick 6's, it would have been enough to say he has lost it for this season, but to extrapolate that into the rest of last season, and even worse what you are doing now which is implying Schaub will continue to throw pick 6's the rest of his career is laughable. For all any of us know, he could have turned it around last season had he been allowed to play though it.

I do not believe these analysts are turning a blind eye to the facts, but I do believe some of you fans have your blinders on, and Vince Lombardi himself could rise from the grave and say Schaub was the Texans best chance for the Texans to win in 2014, and you would all argue "yea but Lombardi is dead, and the NFL is different now, blaa, blaa, blaa"

Same crap you did, and some are still doing with Keenum. "oh Keenum did not get a fair chance" "oh the team had already quit" blaa, blaa, blaa. Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor?

All of these complex speculative explanations as to why Schaub had a bad year, or why you think he is finished as a player are all just theater to entertain yourselves and feel like you have some kind of 3rd eye and can see deeper into the game of football and it's players than other people can. A belief that your perceptions are correct, but when challenged by scouts, former players, current players, etc, you resort to name calling, and labeling in an effort to regain some of that imaginary power you have over the football realm. It's just like people who call other people a racist in an effort to label that person as bad, and therefore invalidate all of their comments even though the person was not exhibiting racist behavior or language.

You are laying at my feet what two former players are saying, and trying to make it out like I put them up to this, just to make you look bad. I am not directing these comments at you steelbtexan, just the first paragraph. The rest of this rant is aimed at those who's posts regarding Schaub are unreasonably harsh, and unrealistic, almost cartoon like, which sadly you have been guilty of at times.
This post is such total BS. I couldn't even read all of it before responding. All I can say is. 1. YOU MUST HAVE ME CONFUSED WITH OTHER POSTERS. 2. Your blind loyalty to Schaub knows no bounds. 3. If you've seen Schaub's play for the last yr and a half, can you atleast admit his play has fallen off and if so,have you considered why this may have happened?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #200
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hear what you are saying, and I have even echoed the same words, yet it still seems to be an attack on me for creating this thread, rather than any of you discounting what Faulk and Brooks are saying. What I am hearing is that those guys do not watch as much Texans football as some of you, so therefor their comments are invalid. Not a very strong argument IMHO.

And I would be willing to bet, as the draft draws near, even more analysts and talking heads will agree with Faulk and Brooks. They will say that the Texans need to take Clowney, and fill other needs first and that Schaub is serviceable for one more year if he takes a pay cut.
I expect Scahub to be starting for an NFL team in the fall of 2014, but just not this one, even if he had the chance which I highly doubt he will.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read