Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-04-2014   #1521
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Good writeup.

I don't know much about this guy, but those are some serious accolades for a late 7th rounder. Do you have any idea why he might be drafted this late?

Before Pete Carroll did his thing and had everyone convinced you needed giants on the edges this was the size for a lot of the leagues best CBs:

Revis
Joe Haden
Grimes
Vontae Davis
Chris Harris
McKelvin

Etc.
At the time I created my big board, CBS Sports had him rated 211th, NFL.com gave him a 5.27 rating (which is a late round draft pick rating), and Walter Football had him as a 4-5th round prospect.

If things had fallen a little differently I'd have nabbed him. He was on my list of guys for the Titans in this round. I think he's a great value here and I'm not so sure he won't go earlier than this in the real draft.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1522
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Proxy pick for Texan4ever via PM.

The San Diego Chargers select...

Andrew Wilson - ILB - Missouri - SEC

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1523
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

26 ( 241 ) St. Louis Rams ( RT22 ) ON THE CLOCK: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
27 ( 242 ) San Francisco 49ers ( WolverineFan )
28 ( 243 ) San Francisco 49ers ( WolverineFan )
29 ( 244 ) New England Patriots ( WolverineFan )
30 ( 245 ) San Francisco 49ers ( WolverineFan )
31 ( 246 ) Denver Broncos ( Blake )
32 ( 247 ) Seattle Seahawks ( bah007 )

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-04-2014   #1524
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

This has been a very efficient draft. Kudos to everyone who participated. Quick review of the Saints draft:
Rd. 1 - Kyle Fuller CB
Rd. 2 - Bishop Sankey RB
Rd. 3 - Trevor Reilly OLB
Rd. 4 - Demarcus Lawrence OLB
Rd. 5 - Russell Bodine OG
Rd. 5 - Chris Davis CB
Rd. 6 - Andrew Jackson ILB

I think the Saints quietly had a great draft.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1525
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Proxy pick for Raiders after going over deadline.

The Oakland Raiders select...

Justin Britt - OT - Missouri - SEC
My bad
Came down with the death
I was waiting
I wanted Marcus Williams CB NDST
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1526
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Is everyone just gonna time out until this is over? Scrubs. If we would have just gone hard one more day this thing would be over by now.

Come on yall, let's finish strong. I have little intention of checking in on this message board this weekend.
Picture this draft. And then imagine it without WolverineFan.

He deserves a ton of kudos for keeping this thing moving along despite all the missed picks.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1527
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

With pick #241 the Rams select Deion Belue - CB - Alabama -SEC.
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2014   #1528
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT22 View Post
That's a nice pick at this spot.
Old 04-04-2014   #1529
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That's a nice pick at this spot.
Yeah, it is. Surprised that he is still available.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1530
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
My bad
Came down with the death
I was waiting
I wanted Marcus Williams CB NDST
This past week has been bad. My wife brought something back from New Jersey. It hit us over last weekend - it hit her a lot worse than it hit me, but I'm still dragging. I ended up having to take her to the ER a couple of days ago. That helped but now she's getting worse again.
Old 04-04-2014   #1531
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Oakland Raiders are done

2014 Draft Class:

Oakland Raiders

1st RD - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
2nd RD - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
3rd RD - Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska
4th RD - Morgan Breslin, OLB, USC
7th RD - Larry Webster III, DE, Bloomsburg
7th RD - Justin Britt, OT, Missouri

Not too bad considering I didn't have a 5th and 6th rounder
Old 04-04-2014   #1532
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This past week has been bad. My wife brought something back from New Jersey. It hit us over last weekend - it hit her a lot worse than it hit me, but I'm still dragging. I ended up having to take her to the ER a couple of days ago. That helped but now she's getting worse again.
I hope y'all both feel better soon. Same goes to Randy. I came down with a nasty stomach virus about two days ago that I am just getting over.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1533
Rock N Randy
Legend

Quote:
Got my whole house my wife and kids
I had to power through and still do my shift

I made every pick besides my last one I missed it
I took a bunch of meds yesterday and past out
I was in a coma sleep
Woke up at 5am better
Was hoping to make my pick but I checked in at noon and my deadline was at 8am :/

Appreciate the work you do wolverine
Old 04-04-2014   #1534
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Everybody feel better and let's get this draft done!

Now. The question is... do we want to do another after this? Maybe switch teams around to let people have chances with other teams?
Old 04-04-2014   #1535
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
Oakland Raiders are done

2014 Draft Class:

Oakland Raiders

1st RD - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
2nd RD - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
3rd RD - Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska
4th RD - Morgan Breslin, OLB, USC
7th RD - Larry Webster III, DE, Bloomsburg
7th RD - Justin Britt, OT, Missouri

Not too bad considering I didn't have a 5th and 6th rounder
That would be an awesome draft for them. I doubt their real draft will turn out that nice.
Old 04-04-2014   #1536
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

The San Francisco 49ers select...

Travis Carrie - CB - Ohio - MAC

The 49ers double dip at CB with another underrated prospect. Carrie wasn't invited to the Combine, but showed out at his Pro Day. He measured in at 6-0 206 lbs, ran a 4.43 forty-yard dash, vertical leaped 41 inches, broad jumped 10-3 feet, and ran a sub-7.00 3-cone drill.

Carrie intercepted 8 passes over the last two years of his career and broke up 23 passes. He returned 2 INT's for TD's as well as a punt return. I grade him as a 4th-5th round prospect.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-04-2014   #1537
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carrie is a steal here. Seattle was about to grab him.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1538
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

The San Francisco 49ers select...

Kevin Norwood - WR - Alabama - SEC

SF double dips again, but this time at WR. Norwood didn't have an overwhelmingly impressive college career as he spent his entire career as the #2 option behind Julio Jones and then Amari Cooper while playing in a run based offense. However, he was very impressive at the Senior Bowl and the NFL Combine. He's not a high upside player, but SF needs some solid depth at WR and Norwood could provide that.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-04-2014   #1539
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

The New England Patriots select...

Keith Wenning - QB - Ball State - MAC

The Pats need to develop a new backup QB for Tom Brady as current backup Ryan Mallett won't be with the team much longer. He will either be traded or leave in Free Agency. I'm a big fan of Wenning as far as being a solid backup QB at the next level.

In his final two seasons, Wenning threw for 7,243 yards while completing 64.7% of his passes and throwing 59 TD's to 17 INT's. He was fairly impressive during the week of the East-West Shrine Game.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-04-2014   #1540
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105102 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT22 View Post
Damn, I completely forgot about him. Good pickup, he will be gone long before this in the real draft.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read