Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014   #1501
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,635
Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Good draft.

As a complete and unrelated side note... what do you mean by a "decertify" of talent?
I suspect he typed bereft and got auto-corrected.

Well I was half right. The Auto-correct was the culprit, though I would have gone with bereft rather than diversity.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #1502
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame
 
WolverineFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,970
Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

20 ( 235 ) Oakland Raiders ( Rock N Randy ) ON THE CLOCK: 6:00pm - 8:00am
21 ( 236 ) Green Bay Packers ( mussop )
22 ( 237 ) Philadelphia Eagles ( beerlover )
23 ( 238 ) Dallas Cowboys ( Thetexanator )
24 ( 239 ) Cincinnati Bengals ( NCTexan )
25 ( 240 ) San Diego Chargers ( Texan4Ever )
26 ( 241 ) St. Louis Rams ( RT22 )
__________________
"Those who stay will be champions."

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #1503
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 52
Posts: 12,602
Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Lions draft

1. Dequeze Dennard- CB--- Michigan St.
2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins- TE-- Washington
3. Paul Richardson-WR----Colorado
4. Christian Kirksey--OLB---- Iowa
4. Tre Boston--- FS---- North Carolina
4. Brett Smith---QB---- Wyoming
6. Taylor Hart---- DE---- Oregon
7. Kevin Graf----OT---- USC

Dennard was my #1 rated CB and Boston is the new kind of FS that the NFL is looking for a S with CB skills but can tackle well enough to play S. The Lions secondary got much needed upgrades.

Jenkins and Richardson adds pieces needed for Stafford and company to become an explosive offense. Graf is a very talented OL project that adds much needed depth to the Lions OL. I see Graf in the same light as the Packers Bahktiari (SP?) last yr. Smith is one of my top 4 QB's in this draft. He's a real talent that played on a terrible team. The Lions need a backup QB and a perfect situation for Smith to sit and learn behind Stafford for 2-3 yrs.

Taylor Hart is a value pick. He can slide inside on passing downs or play as a run stopper at DE on 1st/2nd down. He's more of a 3-4 DE (I hope the Texans draft him) but you don't pass up a guy with talent that plays hard all of the time in the 6th rd. He adds depth with the loss of Willie Young.

The Lions added much needed talent to their defense, (Secondary/OLB's) this will help a major Lions weakness defending against the pass.

Jenkins/Richardson/Graff gives Stafford much needed weapons that were lacking last yr. With the addition of Tate/Richardson/Jenkins if CJ goes down again next yr the Lions will still have great talent at the skill positions. Unlike last yr when Stafford had to rely on Kris Durham/Jeremy Ross/Pettigrew.

Thoughts?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1504
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 52
Posts: 12,602
Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Bears Draft

1. Ha Ha Clinton- Dix--- FS --- Alabama
2. Scott Crichton---- DE Oregon St.
3. Jaylen Watkins--- CB/FS ---- Florida
4. Dominique Easley--- DT---- Florida
5.Walt Aikens --CB ---- Liberty
6. Beau Allen----DT Wisconscin
6. Isiah Crowell ---- RB---- Alabama St.

Clinton-Dix and Watkins (Who I think is very underrated) add much needed speed an playmaking ability to a Bears secondary that is in bad need of playmakers.

DL- Chichton is a pass rusher who will learn under a similar plaer in vet Jared Allen. Houstou can play DT/DE. I envision a 3rd down DL of Jared Allen/Houston/Easley (Who is a steal if he can stay healthy)/Crichton. When you add Beau Allen Allen and Jay Rattlif as run stopping rotational DT's the Bears have added much needed depth and playmakers along their DL.

RB- Crowell--- Got kicked out of Georgia, but has as much talent as any RB in this draft. Crowell is a hard runner who runs with good body lean. He will make a good compliment to Forte. He's a very good short yardage guy. Crowell is very well schooled in pass blocking under Mark Richt's pro style system. Crowell can also catch the ball out of the backfield. Agreat fit in Trestman's offense and a vast upgrade over Micheal Bush.

Thoughts?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1505
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 52
Posts: 12,602
Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Jets Draft,

1. Mike Evans---WR----- Texas A&M
2. Marcus Roberson--- CB-----Florida
3. Jackson Jeffcoat--- DE/OLB---- Texas
4. A.C. Leonard---- TE---- Tennessee St.
4. James Hurst ----- OT---- North Carolina
4. Dri Archer----- RB/WR------ Kent St.
5. Kenny Ladler----- FS ----- Vanderbilt
6. Vinny Sunseri----- SS ----- Alabama
6.Shmar Stephen------ DE ------ Connecticut
6. Matt Patchan---- OT/OG ------- Boston College
6. Avery Williamson----- ILB ------ Kentucky
7. Carlos Fiels Jr.----OLB----- Winston-Salem

Evans/Leonard/Archer in addition to Decker provide explosiveness to the offense.

Roberson/Ladler/Suseri add playmakers to the secondary. Roberson has as much talent as any CB in this draft. Ladler is a smart centerfielder who makes aggressive plays on the ball. Sunseri was half of the best S tandem in college football. Sunseri is smart (Coaches kid) rarely out of position and makes good breaks on the ball and is great in run support.

OL-- Hurst can be a starter and an upgrade over Howard. He will never be a star but will always be very solid. Patchan is a 1st rder IMHO, if he can stay healthy. He finally stayed healthy last yr and was dominant at B.C.

Williamsom/Fields are very fast and good in both pass coverage and blitzing. Both need to improve at taking on blocks, but are sure tacklers. (King introduced me to Fields)

Jeffcoat is a perfect fit in Ryan's defense. He's strong enough to hold up against the run. But should do well as a pass rusher. Stephen was a group pic. I like his potential. He's a big man with good movement skills.

Thanks guys for helping me out this week while I was on vacation, it was greatly appreciated. This was the best TT Mock Draft ever. A special shout out to Dutch/Blake/Wolverine Fan.

Thoughts?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1506
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,557
Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Jets Draft,

1. Mike Evans---WR----- Texas A&M
2. Marcus Roberson--- CB-----Florida
3. Jackson Jeffcoat--- DE/OLB---- Texas
4. A.C. Leonard---- TE---- Tennessee St.
4. James Hurst ----- OT---- North Carolina
4. Dri Archer----- RB/WR------ Kent St.
5. Kenny Ladler----- FS ----- Vanderbilt
6. Vinny Sunseri----- SS ----- Alabama
6.Shmar Stephen------ DE ------ Connecticut
6. Matt Patchan---- OT/OG ------- Boston College
6. Avery Williamson----- ILB ------ Kentucky
7. Carlos Fiels Jr.----OLB----- Winston-Salem

Evans/Leonard/Archer in addition to Decker provide explosiveness to the offense.

Roberson/Ladler/Suseri add playmakers to the secondary. Roberson has as much talent as any CB in this draft. Ladler is a smart centerfielder who makes aggressive plays on the ball. Sunseri was half of the best S tandem in college football. Sunseri is smart (Coaches kid) rarely out of position and makes good breaks on the ball and is great in run support.

OL-- Hurst can be a starter and an upgrade over Howard. He will never be a star but will always be very solid. Patchan is a 1st rder IMHO, if he can stay healthy. He finally stayed healthy last yr and was dominant at B.C.

Williamsom/Fields are very fast and good in both pass coverage and blitzing. Both need to improve at taking on blocks, but are sure tacklers. (King introduced me to Fields)

Jeffcoat is a perfect fit in Ryan's defense. He's strong enough to hold up against the run. But should do well as a pass rusher. Stephen was a group pic. I like his potential. He's a big man with good movement skills.

Thanks guys for helping me out this week while I was on vacation, it was greatly appreciated. This was the best TT Mock Draft ever. A special shout out to Dutch/Blake/Wolverine Fan.

Thoughts?
my thoughts, ton of picks. have to maximize. not a fan of Ryan. seems like he always is defensive heavy & just throws the offense some bones. I believe he is destined to fail. props to you for taking them on. a lot of depth picks, nothing to save his job (thankfully if your a Jets fan) so that could be a good thing. To be fair would have to re evaluate in three years. Always, good job!
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1507
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,557
Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Bears Draft

1. Ha Ha Clinton- Dix--- FS --- Alabama
2. Scott Crichton---- DE Oregon St.
3. Jaylen Watkins--- CB/FS ---- Florida
4. Dominique Easley--- DT---- Florida
5.Walt Aikens --CB ---- Liberty
6. Beau Allen----DT Wisconscin
6. Isiah Crowell ---- RB---- Alabama St.

Clinton-Dix and Watkins (Who I think is very underrated) add much needed speed an playmaking ability to a Bears secondary that is in bad need of playmakers.

DL- Chichton is a pass rusher who will learn under a similar plaer in vet Jared Allen. Houstou can play DT/DE. I envision a 3rd down DL of Jared Allen/Houston/Easley (Who is a steal if he can stay healthy)/Crichton. When you add Beau Allen Allen and Jay Rattlif as run stopping rotational DT's the Bears have added much needed depth and playmakers along their DL.

RB- Crowell--- Got kicked out of Georgia, but has as much talent as any RB in this draft. Crowell is a hard runner who runs with good body lean. He will make a good compliment to Forte. He's a very good short yardage guy. Crowell is very well schooled in pass blocking under Mark Richt's pro style system. Crowell can also catch the ball out of the backfield. Agreat fit in Trestman's offense and a vast upgrade over Micheal Bush.

Thoughts?
Really like this one. Easily works out if healthy. personally would have selected my man Aaron Donald, #4 on my board #1 overall but ha ha is a top prospect for free safety. Crichton is a bear so love that fit. Watkins replaces Manning, I suppose? Overall defensive heavy very bearish.
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2014   #1508
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,557
Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Lions draft

1. Dequeze Dennard- CB--- Michigan St.
2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins- TE-- Washington
3. Paul Richardson-WR----Colorado
4. Christian Kirksey--OLB---- Iowa
4. Tre Boston--- FS---- North Carolina
4. Brett Smith---QB---- Wyoming
6. Taylor Hart---- DE---- Oregon
7. Kevin Graf----OT---- USC

Dennard was my #1 rated CB and Boston is the new kind of FS that the NFL is looking for a S with CB skills but can tackle well enough to play S. The Lions secondary got much needed upgrades.

Jenkins and Richardson adds pieces needed for Stafford and company to become an explosive offense. Graf is a very talented OL project that adds much needed depth to the Lions OL. I see Graf in the same light as the Packers Bahktiari (SP?) last yr. Smith is one of my top 4 QB's in this draft. He's a real talent that played on a terrible team. The Lions need a backup QB and a perfect situation for Smith to sit and learn behind Stafford for 2-3 yrs.

Taylor Hart is a value pick. He can slide inside on passing downs or play as a run stopper at DE on 1st/2nd down. He's more of a 3-4 DE (I hope the Texans draft him) but you don't pass up a guy with talent that plays hard all of the time in the 6th rd. He adds depth with the loss of Willie Young.

The Lions added much needed talent to their defense, (Secondary/OLB's) this will help a major Lions weakness defending against the pass.

Jenkins/Richardson/Graff gives Stafford much needed weapons that were lacking last yr. With the addition of Tate/Richardson/Jenkins if CJ goes down again next yr the Lions will still have great talent at the skill positions. Unlike last yr when Stafford had to rely on Kris Durham/Jeremy Ross/Pettigrew.

Thoughts?
How did you get three teams? I got only one & six picks. YOU SUCK. J/K


Like Dennard but not a fan of Jenkins we will see. The rest are all solid developmental picks. Not a big fan of Lions so forgive me, would think they go either OL or WR early. However solid picks!
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 04-04-2014 at 11:45 PM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1509
TexansFTW
All Pro
 
TexansFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 797
Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Is everyone just gonna time out until this is over? Scrubs. If we would have just gone hard one more day this thing would be over by now.

Come on yall, let's finish strong. I have little intention of checking in on this message board this weekend.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1510
NCTexan
Hall of Fame
 
NCTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Raleigh
Age: 22
Posts: 1,450
Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Is everyone just gonna time out until this is over? Scrubs. If we would have just gone hard one more day this thing would be over by now.

Come on yall, let's finish strong. I have little intention of checking in on this message board this weekend.
Word. I know I missed one pick but LEHGO!
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1511
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame
 
WolverineFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,970
Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Proxy pick for Raiders after going over deadline.

The Oakland Raiders select...

Justin Britt - OT - Missouri - SEC
__________________
"Those who stay will be champions."

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1512
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame
 
WolverineFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,970
Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

21 ( 236 ) Green Bay Packers ( mussop ) ON THE CLOCK: 9:00am - 1:00pm
22 ( 237 ) Philadelphia Eagles ( beerlover )
23 ( 238 ) Dallas Cowboys ( Thetexanator )
24 ( 239 ) Cincinnati Bengals ( NCTexan )
25 ( 240 ) San Diego Chargers ( Texan4Ever )
26 ( 241 ) St. Louis Rams ( RT22 )
__________________
"Those who stay will be champions."

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1513
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame
 
WolverineFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,970
Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Draft Update

13 (228) Tennessee Titans - Jeff Janis - WR, Saginaw Valley State
14 (229) Dallas Cowboys - Aaron Lynch - DE, South Florida
15 (230) Pittsburgh Steelers - Tevin McDonald - S, Eastern Washington
16 (231) Dallas Cowboys -Jay Bromley - DT, Syracuse
17 (232) Indianapolis Colts - Brandon Dixon - CB, Northwest Missouri State
18 (233) New York Jets - Carlos Fields Jr. - OLB, Winston-Salem State
19 (234) Miami Dolphins - James Wilder Jr. - RB, Florida State
20 (235) Oakland Raiders - Justin Britt - OT, Missouri
__________________
"Those who stay will be champions."

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1514
mussop
Hall of Fame
 
mussop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,387
Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Green Bay selects DT Mike Pennel; Colorado State - Pueblo
__________________
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." Albert Einstein
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1515
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame
 
WolverineFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,970
Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

22 ( 237 ) Philadelphia Eagles ( beerlover ) ON THE CLOCK: 9:30am - 1:30pm
23 ( 238 ) Dallas Cowboys ( Thetexanator )
24 ( 239 ) Cincinnati Bengals ( NCTexan )
25 ( 240 ) San Diego Chargers ( Texan4Ever )
26 ( 241 ) St. Louis Rams ( RT22 )
__________________
"Those who stay will be champions."

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1516
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,557
Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Chip Kelly goes secondary with another Commodore, Vanderbilt CB Andre Hal, 5-10 1/2 188lbs. Good hands, smooth hips/back peddle plus ballhawk. Learned early/quickly from Casey Hayword (selected 2nd rd. 2012) Two-year starter (26 career starts) with 37 passes defended, earning Second Team All-SEC honors the past two seasons. As Senior posted 49 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 18 passes defended, 3 INT's. Has starter upside with developmental time. Excellent work ethic, gaining strength in weight room & guarding plus WR in practices Jordan Matthews gives him much higher grade than late 7th. Now it's time to fly like an Eagle
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1517
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame
 
WolverineFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,970
Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Auto pick for Cowboys.

The Dallas Cowboys select...

Alden Darby - S - Arizona State - Pac 12
__________________
"Those who stay will be champions."

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1518
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame
 
WolverineFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,970
Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

24 ( 239 ) Cincinnati Bengals ( NCTexan ) ON THE CLOCK: 11:00am - 3:00pm
25 ( 240 ) San Diego Chargers ( Texan4Ever ) PM'ed
26 ( 241 ) St. Louis Rams ( RT22 )
__________________
"Those who stay will be champions."

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1519
NCTexan
Hall of Fame
 
NCTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Raleigh
Age: 22
Posts: 1,450
Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

The Bengals select Lorenzo Taliaferra, RB, Coastal Carolina.

Green-Ellis is going to need to be replaced eventually. And while I love Gio, having a second, thicker back is a good idea to complement him. This way Taliaferra gets to sit a year and get spot duty before possibly taking over RB2.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #1520
TexansFTW
All Pro
 
TexansFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 797
Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Chip Kelly goes secondary with another Commodore, Vanderbilt CB Andre Hal, 5-10 1/2 188lbs. Good hands, smooth hips/back peddle plus ballhawk. Learned early/quickly from Casey Hayword (selected 2nd rd. 2012) Two-year starter (26 career starts) with 37 passes defended, earning Second Team All-SEC honors the past two seasons. As Senior posted 49 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 18 passes defended, 3 INT's. Has starter upside with developmental time. Excellent work ethic, gaining strength in weight room & guarding plus WR in practices Jordan Matthews gives him much higher grade than late 7th. Now it's time to fly like an Eagle
Good writeup.

I don't know much about this guy, but those are some serious accolades for a late 7th rounder. Do you have any idea why he might be drafted this late?

Before Pete Carroll did his thing and had everyone convinced you needed giants on the edges this was the size for a lot of the leagues best CBs:

Revis
Joe Haden
Grimes
Vontae Davis
Chris Harris
McKelvin

Etc.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger