Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-02-2014   #1461
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
I thought "Sticks" was Glennon...
Ah, yes. I missed the sticks part. I think Glennon should be given more opportunities, he did not have a bad rookie year.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #1462
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Don't forget Mike Glennon. I went into this not buying that the Bucs would look to add a QB early. Glennon was a 59.4% passer with 2,608 yards passing and a 19/9 TD to INT ratio through 13 games in his rookie year last year.
Yeah, I hear you. I called Glennon "sticks" because that's what he looks like to me. He's 6'7" and 225, I should have been more clear and not gave him a random nickname on the fly.

I believe that Lovie is truly committed to Journeyman Josh starting for the Bucs. I think they go 1-5 in the first 6 games, Glennon takes over game 7, has a bad outing (probably playing a hard team), and then rumors begin to swirl about Tahj being able to possibly supplant him.

I don't think he will and I don't think he's better (today), but I think he can push to become the backup and who knows (starter?) after they cut McCown after this year and Tahj and Sticks compete all offseason.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #1463
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Yeah, I hear you. I called Glennon "sticks" because that's what he looks like to me. He's 6'7" and 225, I should have been more clear and not gave him a random nickname on the fly.

I believe that Lovie is truly committed to Journeyman Josh starting for the Bucs. I think they go 1-5 in the first 6 games, Glennon takes over game 7, has a bad outing (probably playing a hard team), and then rumors begin to swirl about Tahj being able to possibly supplant him.

I don't think he will and I don't think he's better (today), but I think he can push to become the backup and who knows (starter?) after they cut McCown after this year and Tahj and Sticks compete all offseason.
I pretty much see it going the same way. It's pretty clear that Lovie wants McCown to start, but I don't see that lasting. I expect Glennon to be pretty productive. It would serve the Bucs well to get a guy like Boyd in the later rounds to develop as a backup to replace McCown after his two year contract is up.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #1464
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
With the 20th pick in Round Six of the 2014 NFL draft the Arizona Cardinals select....

Joe Don Duncan - TE - Dixie State - Great Northwest Athletic Conference
I dunno how his game will translate to the pros but that's a bad ass football name if I've ever heard one.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #1465
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I dunno how his game will translate to the pros but that's a bad ass football name if I've ever heard one.
I'm not sure about that.

When I hear that name I think more along these lines.

I believe Joe Don is on the right, Jim Bob is on the left.
Old 04-02-2014   #1466
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Just realised that I am done with this draft.

Here are the final drafts for my two teams:

Washington

(34) Lamarcus Joyner - S - Florida State
(66) Billy Turner - OT - North Dakota State
(102) Telvin Smith - OLB - Florida State
(142) Terrence Mitchell - CB - Oregon
(178) Bruce Ellington - WR - South Carolina
(217) Devon Kennard - OLB - USC
I guess the Redskins signed Desean Jackson to fulfill the Bruce Ellington role in my draft.
Old 04-02-2014   #1467
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115980 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Proxy pick for the Minnesota Vikings after going over the clock.

Bennett Jackson - CB - Notre Dame

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-02-2014   #1468
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115980 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

9 ( 224 ) Buffalo Bills ( Blake ) ON THE CLOCK: 8:00pm - 10:00am
10 ( 225 ) Carolina Panthers ( bah007 ) PM'ed
11 ( 226 ) St. Louis Rams ( RT22 )
12 ( 227 ) Detroit Lions ( steelbtexan )
13 ( 228 ) Tennessee Titans ( The Pencil Neck )

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-02-2014   #1469
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
steelbtexan PM'ed me a list for this next pick, but all the players on it have already been selected. Since that is the case I revert back to my previous proxy pick.

With the 213th pick the New York Jets select...

Avery Williamson - ILB - Kentucky - SEC
Thanks

I'm just getting in.

I like Williamson a lot.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #1470
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Buffalo Bills select

Brock Vereen - S - Minnesota

Shane Vereens little brother. Not exactly sure where he will fit in the secondary just yet, but he could play both safety or even cornerback IMO. Shooting up draft boards a bit with a solid combine and good size.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #1471
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright guys, final day, Let's stay strong. NO flaming out. I want to get Mr. Irrelevant in by lunch time, let's roll.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #1472
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Carolina Panthers select:

Dez Southward - S, Wisconsin

Southward is an incredible athlete who leaves Wisconsin after having been a four year starter there. He has been red-flagged due to a fracture to his C-5 vertebrae but at this point in the draft is certainly worth the risk.

He has only been playing football since his senior year of high school and is still raw. He is a devastating tackler who will contribute on special teams with his violent style of play.

He has the athleticism of a CB/FS but the skill set of a SS so I see him as a guy who can be versatile and move around to make plays.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #1473
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

With pick #226 the Rams select Ryan Groy - OG - Wisconsin - Big10.
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #1474
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 227th pick in the TT Mock Draft the Detroit Lions select Kevin Graf, OT, Southern California, Pac 10.

Graf has good feet and is an above avg pass blocker. He needs to get stronger. The Lions are a little thin on the OL after Jason Fox left in FA. Graf is a good developmental prospect and certain worth the pick at this point in the draft.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #1475
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Proxy pick for the Minnesota Vikings after going over the clock.

Bennett Jackson - CB - Notre Dame
Sorry about that guys. Last night got a little hectic unexpectedly.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #1476
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Proxy pick for The Pencil Neck via PM.

The Tennessee Titans select...

Jeff Janis - WR - Saginaw Valley St. - Great Lakes IAC

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-03-2014   #1477
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

14 ( 229 ) Dallas Cowboys ( Thetexanator ) ON THE CLOCK: 10:30am - 2:30pm
15 ( 230 ) Pittsburgh Steelers ( Rock N Randy )
16 ( 231 ) Dallas Cowboys ( Thetexanator )
17 ( 232 ) Indianapolis Colts ( Texian )
18 ( 233 ) New York Jets ( steelbtexan )
19 ( 234 ) Miami Dolphins ( Htownfan32 )

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-03-2014   #1478
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Janis was #2 on the Colts board.
Old 04-03-2014   #1479
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Sorry about that guys. Last night got a little hectic unexpectedly.
Don't sweat it man, you've been an active participant throughout the draft.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-03-2014   #1480
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Alright guys, final day, Let's stay strong. NO flaming out. I want to get Mr. Irrelevant in by lunch time, let's roll.
Dont hold your breath. 27 picks left to go.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read