Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-01-2014   #1421
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

The Ravens are done, seemingly.

1.17 - Eric Ebron, TE
2.16 - Jack Mewhort, OG
3.15 - Marcus Martin, C
3.35 - Jeremy Hill, RB
4.34 - Ahmad Dixon, SS
4.38 - Mike Davis, WR
5.35 - Nevin Lawson, CB
6.18 - Ed Stinson, DE

Not a bad haul, I think. The first four picks might be starters, Dixon should get a lot of snaps, Davis should work his way into a WR corps over time, Stinson should be rotational DE, and Lawson can provide depth at CB.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #1422
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I want in next yr. I do a 3 rd with 31 other guys and its pretty awesome.
Old 04-02-2014   #1423
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry guys, I will be back in H-Town tomorrow evening. Vacation over

With the 210 pick in the TT mock draft the NY Jets select Matt Patchan OT Boston College.

One of the best OL in this draft. Long injury history. Stayed healthy last yr and helped pave the way for Andre Williams huge season.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #1424
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, so I think SteelB is replacing Avery Williamson with Matt Patchan. I have no issue with this.

Good pick SteelB very good value this late.

With that said the Texans need some depth on our busted up OLine and I think this guy has not only the ability to supply that much needed depth, but maybe in 2 years can supplant and replace a couple guys. With pick #211 in the 2014 draft the Houston Texans select...

Kadeem (Not Kareem - Walter F) Edwards - OG - Tennessee State - Ohio Valley (FCS)

Right now I'm kind of fixated on this OurLads depth chart: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/HOU

And I know this likely won't look this way after camp and am really hoping that QBerry can supplant Kupper, if he can't we are in as much trouble on that OLine as we were last year, and last year was bad...
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #1425
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
With the 90th pick in the 2014 NFL draft the Indianapolis Colts select:

James Gayle, OLB, Va Tech; 6037, 259, 4.68, 26 reps, 37" vertical, Broad 10'2" = "73".

coon has been PM'd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Proxy pick for bah007 via PM.

The Carolina Panthers select...

Lamin Barrow - OLB - LSU - SEC
These 2 picks were just kind of glossed over, but what do yall think of either of them in regards to a fit for the Texans?

Could one of them be the multi-tool guy that could possibly push Brooks Reed to ILB?
Old 04-02-2014   #1426
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here. Give me one second.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #1427
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bengals select Tom Savage, QB, Pittsburgh.

It appears clear that Dalton, at best, will not prevent this team from getting to a Superbowl. But he needs an amazing supporting cast. The Bengals were targeting Murray earlier, but he was gone. So the BPA and other needs took over. Here seems like a good spot for Savage, who has the potential to be a great QB. He doesn't have to be thrown into the fire and can spend a year developing.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-02-2014   #1428
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

steelbtexan PM'ed me a list for this next pick, but all the players on it have already been selected. Since that is the case I revert back to my previous proxy pick.

With the 213th pick the New York Jets select...

Avery Williamson - ILB - Kentucky - SEC

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #1429
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Proxy pick for RT22 via PM.

The St. Louis Rams select...

Josh Mauro - DE - Stanford - Pac-12

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-02-2014   #1430
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

39 (215) Pittsburgh Steelers (Rock N Randy) ON THE CLOCK: 10:15am - 2:15pm
1 ( 216 ) Houston Texans ( TexansFTW )
2 ( 217 ) Washington Redskins ( kiwitexansfan )
3 ( 218 ) Cleveland Browns ( Dutchrudder )
4 ( 219 ) Oakland Raiders ( Rock N Randy )
5 ( 220 ) Atlanta Falcons ( JCTexan )

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-02-2014   #1431
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Been waiting 2 Days -_-

Pittsburgh Selects .... Logan Thomas, QB, Virgina Tech Thomas is very Raw and very inconsistent but his measurables and size at the position are a rarity

He is bigger then Big Ben and has a lot of similarities in his game

He needs multiple years in a nurturing system to grow and possibly reach his full potential

He needs lots of work on mechanics and progressions

He is a big dude with a cannon arm that needs lots of coaching and time but with the steelers he will have both of those things and Big Ben as a knowledgable veteran who is one of the best in the game to learn from.
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #1432
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think those are really good landing spots for both Tom Savage and Logan Thomas.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #1433
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

1 ( 216 ) Houston Texans ( TexansFTW ) ON THE CLOCK: 10:30am - 2:30pm
2 ( 217 ) Washington Redskins ( kiwitexansfan )

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-02-2014   #1434
TexansFTW
All Pro

So late in the draft I'm a firm believer that most of these guys won't do much besides STs. Sometimes you can find that day 1 contributor but more often than not, you won't.

With that said I want a Strong and fast guy with decent size that can tear down the field and deliver a hard pop to anyone not fair catching that football. With the 216th pick in the 2014 NFL draft the Houston Texans select...

Storm Johnson - RB - UCF - AAC

Now after it sounds like I am dogging Storm, let it be down that I am actually a true believer in this guy's game. I think he can play football in the NFL. I think he can be the guy that spells Arian Foster and gives him much needed rest while being effective on the football field.

I've watched this guys game over the years and rarely did I find myself finding fault. Did I mention, this guy has the coolest name remaining in the NFL draft pool? Get ready Houston.... a Storm is coming...

Side bar... anyone have any opinions on the question I asked about 6 posts up about the OLBs?
Old 04-02-2014   #1435
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
So late in the draft I'm a firm believer that most of these guys won't do much besides STs. Sometimes you can find that day 1 contributor but more often than not, you won't.

With that said I want a Strong and fast guy with decent size that can tear down the field and deliver a hard pop to anyone not fair catching that football. With the 216th pick in the 2014 NFL draft the Houston Texans select...

Now after it sounds like I am dogging Storm, let it be down that I am actually a true believer in this guy's game. I think he can play football in the NFL. I think he can be the guy that spells Arian Foster and gives him much needed rest while being effective on the football field.

I've watched this guys game over the years and rarely did I find myself finding fault. Did I mention, this guy has the coolest name remaining in the NFL draft pool? Get ready Houston.... a Storm is coming...

Side bar... anyone have any opinions on the question I asked about 6 posts up about the OLBs?
Good pick at this round.

I would like Lamin Barrow in the 4th for the Texans. I think this is a fairly weak class for inside line backers and Barrow strikes me as more of a run thumper than anything else, but he could develop into a nice #2 next to Cushing.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #1436
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

2 ( 217 ) Washington Redskins ( kiwitexansfan ) ON THE CLOCK: 11:30am - 3:30pm

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-02-2014   #1437
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I haz a sad

Wanted to take him to pair with Bortles and Carlos Hyde. Together, Hyde and Johnson would have been Thunder and Lightning! It would have been perfect! But you had to ruin it. Dick.

Anyways, this is a good spot for him, and great value.
Old 04-02-2014   #1438
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
First off, the Kadeem Edwards and Storm Johnson picks are both excellent picks so late in the draft. I have Edward graded 4th-5th round so that was excellent value. I also like double dipping at RB because we really need help there.

As for your question, Gayle would play OLB for us and Barrow would play ILB. Barrow is a classic WILB except that he needs to get better in coverage. Put him next to Cushing and let him clean up what Cush doesn't. Gayle's skill set is more suited to WOLB because of his pass rush ability, but he has the athleticism required to play SOLB and cover TE's.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-02-2014   #1439
TexansFTW
All Pro

Thanks yall for the information and nice words about the picks.

EDIT: Just gonna move it to the right place.
Old 04-02-2014   #1440
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Excellent pick. I think OB is going to look for a 3rd down back like this.

He reminds me a little of Steve Slaton and I think OB's approach to offense will get a lot more out of a back like that than Kubiak's.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read