Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-01-2014   #1401
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
With 203rd pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select: Prince Shembo, ILB, 6031, 253, Notre Dame.
Bastid.

You stole the Jaguar's pick.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #1402
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With 203rd pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select: Prince Shembo, ILB, 6031, 253, Notre Dame.
Good pick. I was eyeing him with 7.01. I really like him, and think he can provide solid LB depth (which the Texans dang sure could use), but more importantly I think he can be a solid STs contributor on day one while he works on getting his game to the NFL level.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #1403
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's a damn good pick. I had him marked off on my board or he would not have been there. I like his size and he is a solid athlete at this point in the draft . I hope Rick Smith doesn't draft while studying for a linear equations test these kinds of mistakes are unacceptable.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #1404
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Good pick. I was eyeing him with 7.01. I really like him, and think he can provide solid LB depth (which the Texans dang sure could use), but more importantly I think he can be a solid STs contributor on day one while he works on getting his game to the NFL level.
He wasn't going to make it to you. He was the top of my list for the 205th pick with the Jags.
Old 04-01-2014   #1405
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Bastid.

You stole the Jaguar's pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
That's a damn good pick. I had him marked off on my board or he would not have been there. I like his size and he is a solid athlete at this point in the draft . I hope Rick Smith doesn't draft while studying for a linear equations test these kinds of mistakes are unacceptable.
Quote:
He wasn't going to make it to you. He was the top of my list for the 205th pick with the Jags.
Thanks. Pick made using the Jimmy Johnson draft philosophy of taking the more athletic players available late in the draft.
Old 04-01-2014   #1406
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh...he would have made it. I would have made sure that Thomas Jefferson had something to say about that.

That's a $2 bill if what I said didn't make sense.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #1407
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm traveling for work this week, so I might not be around for my last pick. I also don't have my board with me

Anyways, I'll check in periodically on my phone and try to send a list in when it gets closer to the browns next pick. Blake and steelb will need to update the results thread until Friday.
Old 04-01-2014   #1408
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm traveling for work this week, so I might not be around for my last pick. I also don't have my board with me

Anyways, I'll check in periodically on my phone and try to send a list in when it gets closer to the browns next pick. Blake and steelb will need to update the results thread until Friday.
Will do just didn't want to overstep my bounds.

I will be out starting at noon for about 4 hrs.

The Jets probably wont be on the clock until then?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #1409
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

With 204th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select:

Marcel Jensen - TE, Fresno St, 6-6 259

bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #1410
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
With 204th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select:

Marcel Jensen - TE, Fresno St, 6-6 259

Was tossing up between Jensen and Duncan.

I think Jensen is a solid pick here.
Old 04-01-2014   #1411
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

With the 205th pick, the Jaguars select:

Josh Huff - WR - Oregon - PAC 12

At this point, I'm no longer looking at needs. I'm just taking whoever's high on my board. However, the Jags need some WR depth and this guy could develop into something really good for them.
Old 04-01-2014   #1412
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the 205th pick, the Jaguars select:

Josh Huff - WR - Oregon - PAC 12

At this point, I'm no longer looking at needs. I'm just taking whoever's high on my board. However, the Jags need some WR depth and this guy could develop into something really good for them.
Top guy left on my board.
Old 04-01-2014   #1413
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Top guy left on my board.
Yeah, I'm a little surprised he fell this far but this is a deep, deep WR draft.

Walter Football had him in the 2-4th round range, CBS Sports had him in the 3-4th round range, and NFL.Com had him somewhere in the 5th round.

Getting him this late in the 6th seems to be a good value pick.
Old 04-01-2014   #1414
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

The New England Patriots select...

Gator Hoskins - FB/TE - Marshall - Conference USA

The Pats already addressed the TE position earlier by taking Crockett Gillmore in the 4th round. However they still need to address the H-Back/"move TE" position, which has not produced at all since the Aaron Hernandez incident.

Hoskins has a strong frame at 6'2, 244 lbs and ran a 4.73 at his Pro Day. He was used as both a TE and a WR at the Senior Bowl and played FB, TE, and WR at Marshall. He caught 25 TD's in his 2 years as a starting TE and led the nation in TD receptions by a TE this year after finishing 2nd in the country last year. The only player in Thundering Herd history to top Hoskins' 28.3% TD-catches ratio is Randy Moss (31.5%). I envision him as a starting FB and TE in the Pats spread offense and consider him a steal at this point in the draft.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #1415
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Broncos select

Tyler Gaffney - RB - Stanford
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #1416
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Proxy pick for bah007 via PM.

The Seattle Seahawks select...

Zach Fulton - OG - Tennessee - SEC

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-01-2014   #1417
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

33 ( 209 ) New York Jets ( steelbtexan ) ON THE CLOCK: 2:40pm - 6:40pm
34 ( 210 ) New York Jets ( steelbtexan )
35 ( 211 ) Houston Texans ( TexansFTW )
36 ( 212 ) Cincinnati Bengals ( NCTexan )
37 ( 213 ) New York Jets ( steelbtexan )
38 ( 214 ) St. Louis Rams ( RT22 )
39 ( 215 ) Pittsburgh Steelers ( Rock N Randy )

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-01-2014   #1418
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
33 ( 209 ) New York Jets ( steelbtexan ) ON THE CLOCK: 2:40pm - 6:40pm
34 ( 210 ) New York Jets ( steelbtexan )
steelb has back to back picks so I'm going to extend his deadline by an hour. If he hasn't picked by the time I'm done with dinner then I will proxy for him.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-01-2014   #1419
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Proxy pick for steelbtexan.

With the 209th pick the New York Jets select...

Shamar Stephen - DE - UConn

With the 210th pick the New York Jets select...

Matt Patchan - OT - Boston College

- The Immortal Bo

Last edited by WolverineFan; 04-02-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-01-2014   #1420
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

35 ( 211 ) Houston Texans ( TexansFTW ) ON THE CLOCK: 8:00pm - 10:00am
36 ( 212 ) Cincinnati Bengals ( NCTexan )
37 ( 213 ) New York Jets ( steelbtexan )
38 ( 214 ) St. Louis Rams ( RT22 )
39 ( 215 ) Pittsburgh Steelers ( Rock N Randy )

- The Immortal Bo

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read