Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-26-2014   #1101
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Brett Smith is the Lions pick if it hasn't already been made.

The Lions need a backup QB and a developmental QB.

Smith was my #5 rated QB. A great value at this point. Think Cousins but more talented. I've got Smith and Manziel rated 1.A- 1.b on my board ahead of MB favorite TB.

If you want a Russell Wilson type QB then Smith is the pick.

Sorry for holding you guys up, had to work today, we're in vacation mode.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #1102
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

34(134) Baltimore Ravens (htownfan32) ON THE CLOCK: 8:00pm - 10:00am

35(135) Houston Texans (TexansFTW)
36(136) Detroit Lions (steelbtexan)
37(137) New York Jets (steelbtexan)
38(138) Baltimore Ravens (htownfan32)
39(139) Atlanta Falcons (JCTexan)
40(140) New England Patroits (WolverineFan)

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #1103
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Nailed it! Self-five!
Old 03-26-2014   #1104
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Nailed it! Self-five!
Whoops F'ed that one up

Happy vacation
Old 03-26-2014   #1105
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Baltimore Ravens select...

Ahmad Dixon - SS - Baylor - Big XII

With James Ihedgibo gone, the Ravens will look for a second safety to pair with Matt Elam. He has a late 3rd to mid 4th grade for me, so I'm happy to scoop him up here.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #1106
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
The Baltimore Ravens select...

Ahmad Dixon - SS - Baylor - Big XII

With James Ihedgibo gone, the Ravens will look for a second safety to pair with Matt Elam. He has a late 3rd to mid 4th grade for me, so I'm happy to scoop him up here.
Great pick

He will fit in with a Ravens style defense perfectly.

An Ozzie type value pick.
Old 03-26-2014   #1107
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

35(135) Houston Texans (TexansFTW) ON THE CLOCK: 9:00pm - 11:00am

36(136) Detroit Lions (steelbtexan)
37(137) New York Jets (steelbtexan)
38(138) Baltimore Ravens (htownfan32)

- The Immortal Bo
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2014   #1108
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any predictions on the Houston pick?

Must be looking for OL, LB or secondary help right?

Jordan Zumwalt?
Old 03-26-2014   #1109
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

So far Houston has had a very defense heavy draft. Teddy could probably use a RT, TE or RB. CB, ILB and FS are needs too.
Old 03-26-2014   #1110
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
So far Houston has had a very defense heavy draft. Teddy could probably use a RT, TE or RB. CB, ILB and FS are needs too.
Cant say, but this pick is obvious if you have been listening to what BOB said he's looking for at the position I'm thinking about. Pick represents great value.

If you've read my PM for the Jets this is the direction I think the Texans should go.
Old 03-26-2014   #1111
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Denver Broncos select:

Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State

If you saw the Oregon State v. Hawaii bowl game, you know who this guy is.
nice pick, my top pure cb on the board.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #1112
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were Texans GM and cherry picking this draft, this is what our board would look like.

1. Greg Robinson - OT Auburn
2. Dee Ford - DE Auburn
3. Chris Borland - ILB Wisconsin
4. Aaron Murray - QB - Georgia
5. Ryan Carrethers -NT - Arkansas State
Old 03-26-2014   #1113
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
If I were Texans GM and cherry picking this draft, this is what our board would look like.

1. Greg Robinson - OT Auburn
2. Dee Ford - DE Auburn
3. Chris Borland - ILB Wisconsin
4. Aaron Murray - QB - Georgia
5. Ryan Carrethers -NT - Arkansas State
Love Robinson pick, I really do my #1 BPA & its not really close.
Dee Ford is really a classic boom or bust prospect. I'm scared off by his back issue (lumbar spine).
Borland I could see but not in love here.
Murray is a much, much more talented Fitzpatrick.
Carrethers I'm very open to.

I could live with this if Texans can catch a freaking break on the injury side? Looking at last year, what started as promising melted down like a microcosm of the entire season, just sick. Three rules to observe.

draft bpa not strictly need only
do not project positional changes
stay clear of medical concerns

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #1114
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really care what anyone says or how anyone would do it. I'm the Texans GM now and I'm building a winner. So listen all you Gary Kubiaks out there, you sit down, relax, and enjoy the ride. And while you are sitting put your mother F'ing hands together for the Texans newest competition to Brennan Williams on the O Line.

Michael Schofield - OT - Michigan - Big 10

I give 0 shoots if you want to hand pick certain dumb scouts out there that say he doesn't have the speed to be a RT because he got beat a couple of times at the senior bowl, this dude is stacked and this dude is solid. He has good bend and strong, long arms.

He's much faster than certain people give him credit for that want to say he has slow feet or stupid stuff like that. The truth is he got beat a couple times at the senior bowl, it happens to everyone, and it especially happens to guys that come from poorly coached programs and guess what, Michigan is one of the poorest.

He was a top performer at the combine in the 40 and 3 cone drill (for O Lineman) so there goes that slow feet theory. His footwork will improve under the right coaching and literally anything is an upgrade over Derek "No F's Given" Newton.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #1115
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

With the 136th pick in the NFL Mock Draft the Detroit Lions select Tre Boston FS North Carolina.-SEC

Great value at a position of need for the Lions.
Old 03-27-2014   #1116
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

And Relax Steel B. I plan on getting that guy in like 4 picks or whatever if he's still there and you don't sabotage me.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #1117
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

With the 137th pick in the TT Mock Draft the NY Jets Select Dri Archer RB Kent St. -- MAC

With Decker/Evans/Leonard the Jets have given Vick the weapons that he needs to be successful. The Jets all of the sudden have a very dangerous offense.
Old 03-27-2014   #1118
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
And Relax Steel B. I plan on getting that guy in like 4 picks or whatever if he's still there and you don't sabotage me.
Hope you get your guy.

PM me and let me know who you are looking at.
Old 03-27-2014   #1119
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

38(138) Baltimore Ravens (htownfan32) ON THE CLOCK: 8:30am - 12:30pm

1(141) Houston Texans (TexansFTW)
2(142) Washington Redskins (kiwitexansfan)
3(143) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (TexansSeminole)

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-27-2014   #1120
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Houston Texans select...

Michael Schofield - OT - Michigan - Big 10
I like Schofield because of his versatility. He played really good as an OG at Michigan before moving outside to RT. He was solid there as well. The big issue with his game isn't his feet (which has been overstated) but how soft he is at the point of attack. He's a finesse RT, which is getting somewhat rare these days. He's a very good pass blocker though.

- The Immortal Bo

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read