Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-26-2014   #1081
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

When I set up my board, I place all of my players in tiers 1-10. I then rank them individually within those tiers, but my rule of thumb is to never reach to a lower tier if a player from a higher tier is available. It helps me address need without reaching to far for a position instead of a player. I have 3 guys on my board still that are tier 4 players ( this means I think they can be starters). With that said I will double up on pass rushers.

With the 126th pick the New Orleans Saints Select
Demarcus Lawrence- DE/OLB- Boise State
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #1082
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99579 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
When I set up my board, I place all of my players in tiers 1-10. I then rank them individually within those tiers, but my rule of thumb is to never reach to a lower tier if a player from a higher tier is available. It helps me address need without reaching to far for a position instead of a player. I have 3 guys on my board still that are tier 4 players ( this means I think they can be starters). With that said I will double up on pass rushers.

Great pick. He was easily my top guy remaining. That's the 2nd time the Saints have taken the top guy on San Francisco's board (the other being Kyle Fuller in the 1st).

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #1083
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99579 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Proxy pick for Dutchrudder via PM.

The Cleveland Browns select...

Arthur Lynch - TE - Georgia - SEC

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-26-2014   #1084
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post

Rick, is that you?

Good sound strategy. Nice pick!

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #1085
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Proxy pick for bah007 via PM.

The Carolina Panthers select...

Will Sutton - DT - Arizona State - Pac12

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-26-2014   #1086
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

The San Francisco 49ers select...

Trey Millard - FB/TE - Oklahoma - Big 12

The 49ers just signed starting FB Bruce Miller to an extension, but I see Millard as more of an H-Back anyway. I envision him getting somewhat of a redshirt year as a rookie and then getting snaps in the Delanie Walker role as a move TE. Pure luxury pick, but the 49ers can afford that luxury.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-26-2014   #1087
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

The New England Patriots select...

Crockett Gillmore - TE - Colorado State - MWC

I've been targeting a TE for the Pats in what feels like every round, but they keep going off the board before I can get on the clock. Not this time. The general consensus seems to be that the Pats need to add another Hernandez-type move TE. I disagree. They need an insurance policy for starter Rob Gronkowski, who has battled injuries continuously the past few years. When he gets hurt, the Pats offense falls apart because they have nobody to replace him. Now they do.

Gillmore is not the same matchup night mare that Gronk is, but he is a solid all-around player who can catch, run, and block. He is also someone that I think has the ability to play early and can come in and contribute immediately.

- The Immortal Bo
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2014   #1088
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

31(131) Denver Broncos (Blake) ON THE CLOCK: 4:45pm - 8:45 pm

32(132) Seattle Seahawks (bah007)
33(133) Detroit Lions (steelbtexan)
34(134) Baltimore Ravens (htownfan32)
35(135) Houston Texans (TexansFTW)
36(136) Detroit Lions (steelbtexan)
37(137) New York Jets (steelbtexan)
38(138) Baltimore Ravens (htownfan32)
39(139) Atlanta Falcons (JCTexan)
40(140) New England Patroits (WolverineFan)

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-26-2014   #1089
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Denver Broncos select:

Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State

If you saw the Oregon State v. Hawaii bowl game, you know who this guy is.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #1090
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

The Seattle Seahawks select...

Jared Abbrederis - WR - Wisconsin - Big Ten

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-26-2014   #1091
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

33(133) Detroit Lions (steelbtexan) ON THE CLOCK: 5:30pm - 7:30am
34(134) Baltimore Ravens (htownfan32)
35(135) Houston Texans (TexansFTW)
36(136) Detroit Lions (steelbtexan)
37(137) New York Jets (steelbtexan)
38(138) Baltimore Ravens (htownfan32)
39(139) Atlanta Falcons (JCTexan)
40(140) New England Patriots (WolverineFan)

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-26-2014   #1092
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

FYI, from Steelb

Quote:
I'm going to be on a plane to Sacramento tomorrow. So I wont be available tomorrow from about 8-4. I will check in late tonight. Make group picks for me tomorrow. If my picks are close before I leave I will PM you/WF a list.

Thanks
Jay
Lions draft so far:

1 - 10 - 10 - Detroit Lions - steelbtexan - Dequeze Dennard - CB - Michigan State - BIG 10
2 - 13 - 45 - Detroit Lions - steelbtexan - Austin Seferian-Jenkins - TE - Washington - PAC 12
3 - 12 - 76 - Detroit Lions - steelbtexan - *Paul Richardson - WR - Colorado - PAC 12
4 - 11 - 111 - Detroit Lions - steelbtexan - Christian Kirksey - OLB - Iowa - BIG 10

I would consider a backup QB like Brett Smith QB Wyoming at this point.
Old 03-26-2014   #1093
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
FYI, from Steelb

Lions draft so far:

1 - 10 - 10 - Detroit Lions - steelbtexan - Dequeze Dennard - CB - Michigan State - BIG 10
2 - 13 - 45 - Detroit Lions - steelbtexan - Austin Seferian-Jenkins - TE - Washington - PAC 12
3 - 12 - 76 - Detroit Lions - steelbtexan - *Paul Richardson - WR - Colorado - PAC 12
4 - 11 - 111 - Detroit Lions - steelbtexan - Christian Kirksey - OLB - Iowa - BIG 10

I would consider a backup QB like Brett Smith QB Wyoming at this point.
Was that sent to you last night or today?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #1094
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 95054 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Safety or OLine?
Old 03-26-2014   #1095
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post

The Seattle Seahawks select...

Jared Abbrederis - WR - Wisconsin - Big Ten
Dammit!!
Old 03-26-2014   #1096
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Rick, is that you?

No it is not. If you know anyone though, I would love to put in an application.
Old 03-26-2014   #1097
coon
Veteran

Abberderis and Sutton were the other two guys I had at the top of my board. Nice pickups.
Old 03-26-2014   #1098
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 95054 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Rick, is that you?

Funny you should mention this. Word is that Daryl Morey is a member on Clutchfans.
Old 03-26-2014   #1099
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

So are we giving Steel B Brett Smith or what's happening?
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #1100
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Was that sent to you last night or today?
Sorry... yes he sent it last night. We should do a group pick for him if we want to keep moving tonight. I was just throwing out Smith because I thought the Lions could use a backup QB. I'm open to whatever.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read