Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-25-2014   #1021
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Not wanting to name names because I might just want to pick the guy for the Cardinals but I have a DT rated in my Top 50 still available.

Anyone else have any players rated so highly still available.
Yep and I'm going to pick one for the Bears.

With the 117th pick in the TT Mock draft the Chicago Bears select Dominique Easley DT, Florida, SEC

Easley would've been a top 15 pick had he not suffered an ACL injury in practice. 4th rd seems about right to take a risk on a player of Easley's talent. Easley/Crichton/Houston form the Bears new quite formidable pass rush.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #1022
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

With the 117th pick in the TT Mock draft the Chicago Bears select Dominique Easley DT, Florida, SEC
Hehehehehe, yeah that's the guy.

Wonder why he fell to here.

DT wasn't a pressing need for the Cardinals but his value was going to be too hard to pass over.

Nice Steal.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #1023
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Cannot believe he was still available. 1st round talent if not for the injury. That's a downright steal, especially for a team like the Bears who really need a DT.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #1024
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Update...

9 (#109) Buffalo Bills - Will Clarke - DE, West Virginia
10 (#110) St. Louis Rams - Bashaud Breeland - CB, Clemson
11 (#111) Detroit Lions - Christian Kirksey - OLB, Iowa
12 (#112) Tennessee Titans - A.J. McCarron - QB, Alabama
13 (#113) New York Giants - Seantrel Henderson - OT, Miami (FL.)
14 (#114) Jacksonville Jaguars - Victor Hampton - CB, South Carolina
15 (#115) New York Jets - A.C. Leonard - TE, Tennessee State
16 (#116) Miami Dolphins - Anthony Johnson - DT, LSU
17 (#117) Chicago Bears - Dominique Easley - DT, Florida
18 (#118) Pittsburgh Steelers - ON THE CLOCK

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-25-2014   #1025
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105102 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Easley is talented no doubt, but doesn't he have two non-contact ACL tears? I was wondering what pushed him down so far. I considered him but injury concerns...
Old 03-25-2014   #1026
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

18(118) Pittsburgh Steelers (Rock N Randy) ON THE CLOCK: 10:15pm - 11:00am

19(119) Dallas Cowboys (Thetexanator)
20(120) Arizona Cardinals (kiwitexansfan)
21(121) Green Bay Packers (mussop)
22(122) Philadelphia Eagles (beerlover)
23(123) Cincinnati Bengals (NCTexan)
24(124) Kansas City Chiefs (JCTexan)

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-25-2014   #1027
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Steelers select ... Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor

A great three down back and my favorite back in the draft my #1 rated RB
Speed balance hands and blocks decent

Steelers could look to add anther back to pair with Bell
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2014   #1028
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post

One of my top backs too and one of the highest rated offensive prospects left on my board.

Nice pick up.
Old 03-25-2014   #1029
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Results thread has not been updated yet. Here's a quick update for you...

9 (#109) Buffalo Bills - Will Clarke - DE, West Virginia
10 (#110) St. Louis Rams - Bashaud Breeland - CB, Clemson
11 (#111) Detroit Lions - Christian Kirksey - OLB, Iowa
12 (#112) Tennessee Titans - A.J. McCarron - QB, Alabama
13 (#113) New York Giants - Seantrel Henderson - OT, Miami (FL.)
14 (#114) Jacksonville Jaguars - Victor Hampton - CB, South Carolina
15 (#115) New York Jets - A.C. Leonard - TE, Tennessee State
16 (#116) Miami Dolphins - Anthony Johnson - DT, LSU
17 (#117) Chicago Bears - ON THE CLOCK
Updated but not in bold
Old 03-25-2014   #1030
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Easley is talented no doubt, but doesn't he have two non-contact ACL tears? I was wondering what pushed him down so far. I considered him but injury concerns...
Yep,

That's the risk.

Top 10 talent on 2 surgically repaired knees. If the Bears get 3 seasons of Easley reaching his full potential then they got their $$$$ worth from a 4th rd pick.
Old 03-25-2014   #1031
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

19(119) Dallas Cowboys (Thetexanator) ON THE CLOCK: 10:30pm - 11:00am

20(120) Arizona Cardinals (kiwitexansfan)
21(121) Green Bay Packers (mussop)
22(122) Philadelphia Eagles (beerlover)
23(123) Cincinnati Bengals (NCTexan)
24(124) Kansas City Chiefs (JCTexan)

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-25-2014   #1032
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post

I was looking at him for the Jets last pick. Great pick
Old 03-25-2014   #1033
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
19(119) Dallas Cowboys (Thetexanator) ON THE CLOCK: 10:30pm - 11:00am
Suspect that when Texanator is next on will be while I am asleep over here so will PM my two options through to the appropriate people.
Old 03-25-2014   #1034
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Suspect that when Texanator is next on will be while I am asleep over here so will PM my two options through to the appropriate people.
Sleep tight and if the bed bugs bite I will kill them. LOL
Old 03-25-2014   #1035
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Changed the pick! Saw no one had gone after me and quickly edited it, if that's okay.

I picked Ego Ferguson but didn't see Anthony Johnson was still available. I like him more out of the two.

I'll take Ferguson if we can't change picks, though.
What about Will Sutton?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #1036
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Easley would've been a top 15 pick had he not suffered an ACL injury in practice. 4th rd seems about right to take a risk on a player of Easley's talent. Easley/Crichton/Houston form the Bears new quite formidable pass rush.
I'd forgotten he was available. Nice pick.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #1037
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58316 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'd forgotten he was available. Nice pick.
I almost took him at the end of the third for the vikings but the injuries and the need for a safety prevailed with the signing of Joseph.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #1038
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

As the GM you should nickname him "neither knee" or "no knees" and begin preparing his IR paper work.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #1039
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
What about Will Sutton?
He's high on my BPA list.
Old 03-26-2014   #1040
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
As the GM you should nickname him "neither knee" or "no knees" and begin preparing his IR paper work.
Seriously. I had him on my board as a 5-7th rounder due to injury concerns. He's a talented guy, but I'm not gonna bother drafting people that I can't count on to play.

Also I would like to point out that the Texans own Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska was another one of these "1st round talent if not for the injury" kind of guys. Easley is a better prospect than him, but it seems every year we have players like that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read