Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-25-2014   #961
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Might wanna re-size that pick Kiwi, it's bigger than the actual Telvin Smith.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #962
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Might wanna re-size that pick Kiwi, it's bigger than the actual Telvin Smith.
Now that is just mean spirited.
Old 03-25-2014   #963
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Yeah, I knew you didn't like him. I hear you and respect that, I'm just a fan though.
Just my opinion. I have no problem with the pick whatsoever. It's just not the one I would have made.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #964
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Turner is one of those guys who is under the radar because he wasn't scouted properly, because he wasn't expected to declare.
Old 03-25-2014   #965
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Now that is just mean spirited.
Haha, I love Telvin Smith. He fits with the new breed of defender that NFL teams will be looking for to combat the spread. Not sure about his every down fit inside in a 3-4, but he can't possibly be worse than Sharpton, who might be a starter in Washington this year.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-25-2014   #966
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 103rd pick in the NFL draft the Atlanta Falcons select...

Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut, AAC

Boasts long arms and impressive fluidity, allowing him to be just as effective in coverage as in supporting the run and attacking the passer. Good balance, agility and speed for the position. Smallwood was asked to cover wide receivers as well as running backs for the Huskies, demonstrating the versatility to intrigue 3-4 and 4-3 defensive coordinators, alike. One of the Best Players available here (IMO).
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #967
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Proxy pick for steelbtexan via PM.

The New York Jets select...

James Hurst - OT - North Carolina - ACC

- The Immortal Bo
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2014   #968
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Smallwood was one of the other two LBs I was considering for my pick.

Didn't realise he had that much cover experience. Love that in a LB.
Old 03-25-2014   #969
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 80286 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I had him as a 4th-5th rounder when he declared. He was more athletic than I thought at the combine so I moved him up to fringe 3rd-4th rounder.

He had a good sophomore campaign and will only be 21 years old when the season starts. Very high upside, which is why he is higher on the board than some other available players.
How much effect do you think Cush and Watt will have on the project guys?
I'd like to think they will make it happen, but sometimes guys just won't go for it.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #970
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

5(105) Jacksonville Jaguars (The Pencil Neck) ON THE CLOCK: 1:00pm - 5:00pm

6(106) Cleveland Browns (Dutchrudder)
7(107) Oakland Raiders (Rock N Randy)
8(108) Minnesota Vikings (NCTexan)
9(109) Buffalo Bills (Blake)
10(110) St. Louis Rams (RT22)
11(111) Detroit Lions (steelbtexan)

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-25-2014   #971
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude must have been flying up boards. Couple of weeks ago he was pegged as a 7th rounder - UDFA according to CBS. They now have him as a 5th.

Good logic behind the pick though.
I've got to update my board. I still have this guy way, way down there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #972
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Smallwood is fantastic in coverage, which is the main reason I considered him for my 3rd rounder with SF although I ended up going with Christian Jones.

The dude is getting a really bad rap (undeservedly IMO) for his combine performance. The guy pulled his freaking hamstring during his forty-yard dash, of course he ran slow.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-25-2014   #973
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 105th pick, the Jacksonville Jaggywires select:

Terrance West - RB - Towson - Colonial Athletic Association

He's solid and hard to tackle. He's light on his feet and finishes strong.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #974
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

6(106) Cleveland Browns (Dutchrudder) ON THE CLOCK: 1:30pm - 5:30pm

7(107) Oakland Raiders (Rock N Randy)

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-25-2014   #975
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm here, I'm just trying to figure out what the hell to do now that my board is shredded. You all conspired against me getting a decent ILB!!!
Old 03-25-2014   #976
bah007
Hall of Fame

Excellent choice by Jacksonville right there.
Old 03-25-2014   #977
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm extremely glad you didn't! Daniel McCullers & Trai Turner were #2 and #3 on my list entering today. Having my top three guys go back-to-back-to-back right before Atlanta would have sucked..
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #978
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh **** it, I'm sticking with my original plan. The Cleveland Browns select:

Jarvis Landry - WR - LSU - SEC

Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiJ0EwNclSM

Going into this draft the Browns only had 1 reliable receiver in Josh Gordon, so I was planning on getting 2 more. I thought it would be pretty cool if I could get both LSU WRs, stick Beckham in the slot and Landry on the outside. The Browns signed Andrew Hawkins in the meantime, so that made me change course in the 3rd round, but I don't care any more. I'll pretend Hawkins doesn't exist, because he should have never been given that much money. Anyways, I think these two guys will make Blake Bortles' job a million times easier. Bortles is a much better QB now than Mettenberger will ever be, and these two WRs made Mett look good.

Browns draft so far:
1 - 4 - 4 - Cleveland Browns - Dutchrudder - Blake Bortles - QB - UCF - AAC
1 - 26 - 26 - Cleveland Browns - Dutchrudder - Odell Beckham Jr. - WR - LSU - SEC
2 - 3 - 35 - Cleveland Browns - Dutchrudder - Bradley Roby - CB - Ohio State - BIG 10
3 - 7 - 71 - Cleveland Browns - Dutchrudder - Carlos Hyde - RB - Ohio State - BIG 10
3 - 19 - 83 - Cleveland Browns - Dutchrudder - Dion Bailey - FS - USC - PAC 12
4 - 6 - 106 - Cleveland Browns - Dutchrudder - Jarvis Landry - WR - LSU - SEC

-----------------------------
7(107) Oakland Raiders (Rock N Randy) ON THE CLOCK
Old 03-25-2014   #979
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Not a huge McCullers fan but the position needs to be addressed. At this point in the draft, you might as well take the best physical specimen.
You can put me in this camp as well. I like a few guys still available over McCullers at this point but hey he fills a need. Not a bad pick at all considering our need for a mountain in The middle.

I would of went with Ellis or Currethers. To each his own.
Old 03-25-2014   #980
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

But Hawkins does exist... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
You can put me in this camp as well. I like a few guys still available over McCullers at this point but hey he fills a need. Not a bad pick at all considering our need for a mountain in The middle.

I would of went with Ellis or Currethers. To each his own.
To each your own is right. I have McCullers rated higher than both. I said he was gonna be polarizing, I know people don't like him. But I am the Texans GM now and we are finally gonna build a winner.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read