Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-22-2014   #881
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I have Borland rated higher than Jones, but his skill set didn't fit what I was looking for here. The pick came down to Jones and Smallwood and I chose Jones because of versatility. He's not going to replace Bowman long term, so he needs to be able to do other things as well. Jones can play ILB and OLB, can rush the passer, good in coverage, and is a great athlete who could contribute on special teams.
Jones is so much better than Smallwood. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #882
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I just think Jones is a special player and think he transitions well to the NFL game because of his versatility. Perfect for the Texans IMO.
Great minds thinking alike. LOL
Old 03-22-2014   #883
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I just think Jones is a special player and think he transitions well to the NFL game because of his versatility. Perfect for the Texans IMO.
He was ranked very high (top 8) on my board overall when I picked. Surprised he hasn't gone yet. Thought very hard about taking him for Miami with their LB problems, but I have a fondness for O-line building.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #884
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely on my radar now. Hope we get him.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #885
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
With the 89th pick (3rd round), the Chargers roll the dice on...

Pierre Desir, CB Lindenwood
Quote:
With the 93rd pick in the mock draft the New England Patriots select...

Joel Bitonio - OG - Nevada - MWC
I hate you both.

The Denver a Broncos select:

Cameron Fleming - OT - Stanford
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #886
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey guys,

I need to double check my draft board tomorrow when I get home and have my laptop. I'll have it in ASAP tomorrow.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #887
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Hey guys,

I need to double check my draft board tomorrow when I get home and have my laptop. I'll have it in ASAP tomorrow.
Don't sweat it man. You're the last pick for the time being as we are on hiatus until after the comp picks are announced next week. You've got plenty of time.

- The Immortal Bo

Last edited by WolverineFan; 03-22-2014 at 02:04 AM.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2014   #888
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Hey guys,

That's fine. We're taking a break until the compensatory picks are announced, right? So there's no real rush to get this pick in.

At this point, looking at my board (and not knowing how NCTexan is going to go)...

There's still a lot of good talent out there for the Texans.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #889
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That's fine. We're taking a break until the compensatory picks are announced, right? So there's no real rush to get this pick in.

At this point, looking at my board (and not knowing how NCTexan is going to go)...

There's still a lot of good talent out there for the Texans.
Yeah, no rush.

Tons of talent on the board right now. This would be a good time for Dutch to come in with graphs on positions and conferences.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #890
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was very intrigued about Desir going into the post-season all star games because of the hype around him. To be short, I was not very impressed with him at either all star game. His hype seems based completely on potential.

With that said, potential is not a bad thing and Desir certainly has a lot of tools to work with. He's a tall, lanky DB and those guys are getting heavier looks right now as teams try to get longer at CB. However, like Stanley Jean-Baptiste, I like him more as a FS than a CB.
I agree which is why I would use him as a developmental player before thrusting him into a starting role or try him out at FS and move him to CB. I should've taken CB earlier than now as the talent pool is shrinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I hate you both.

The Denver a Broncos select:

Cameron Fleming - OT - Stanford

I've had that happen a lot in this mock so I know just what you mean!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #891
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

When will results be posted in that thread.? It's hard to keep up with the selections
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #892
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
When will results be posted in that thread.? It's hard to keep up with the selections
Outside of Blake's Fleming pick the results are up-to-date in that thread.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #893
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Vikings select Craig Loston, S, LSU. Not sure how he fell this far, but he'd be great to pair with Harrison Smith and Xavier Rhodes.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #894
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't wait till the comp picks come out.

Can't believe we got this far this fast.
Old 03-22-2014   #895
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

My #54 and #64 players are both still on the board after three rounds.

Tough choice but New England has had my favorite draft so far.

- Picked up Jernigan way down at #29. He's a great value and great fit for their defense.

- Richburg is great value at #62. Easily the top C in this class and fills a big time need.

- Bitonio at #93 is awesome too. He has LT potential but could also fill a hole at LG.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #896
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the 93rd pick in the mock draft the New England Patriots select...

Joel Bitonio - OG - Nevada - MWC

The Patriots addressed the interior O-Line with their last selection, but help is still needed. RG Dan Connolly really struggled last year and will be 32 this year. Logan Mankins will also be 32 so the Pats need to get younger here as well as add talent.

Bitonio played LT at Nevada and has the long arms needed to play OT in the NFL. However, I think his body style and his playing style are better suited to the interior. He is not a mauling run blocker, but he is a very good pass protector. This is sorely needed because QB Tom Brady was sacked by interior pressure in less than 2.5 seconds a league leading 10 times.

Together with 2nd round pick Weston Richburg, the Pats interior line will be much better in pass pro and will be able to give Brady more time to get the ball out.
You rat bastard. Now I don't even know who to address at the Tackle position, I might have to go a different direction entirely now. He WAS gonna play tackle for me!
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #897
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Can't wait till the comp picks come out.

Can't believe we got this far this fast.
Definitely the fastest we've gone through 3 rounds before.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-22-2014   #898
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
My #54 and #64 players are both still on the board after three rounds.

Tough choice but New England has had my favorite draft so far.

- Picked up Jernigan way down at #29. He's a great value and great fit for their defense.

- Richburg is great value at #62. Easily the top C in this class and fills a big time need.

- Bitonio at #93 is awesome too. He has LT potential but could also fill a hole at LG.
What's funny is that Nix was my top target in round 1 as I expected Jernigan and Donald to be gone. I was ecstatic when Jernigan fell that far.

Richgurg wasn't even on my board for round 2 because I thought he would be long gone.

The guy I was targeting in round 3 got taken ahead of me and Bitonio was my fall back option. I'm surprised he was even still available.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-22-2014   #899
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What's funny is that Nix was my top target in round 1 as I expected Jernigan and Donald to be gone. I was ecstatic when Jernigan fell that far.

Richgurg wasn't even on my board for round 2 because I thought he would be long gone.

The guy I was targeting in round 3 got taken ahead of me and Bitonio was my fall back option. I'm surprised he was even still available.
Great draft, all of the players could become starters next yr.

I am very happy that everybody is committed to doing this Mock Draft. This is the smoothest the annual TT Mock Draft has ever gone. Thanks guys
Old 03-23-2014   #900
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

What an amazing job so far by everyone this week. 3 rounds in 5 days.

Once comp picks are announced they will be updated on the RESULTS thread and we can start back up (Same 4 hour clock). And as a reminder, on Monday I will no longer be moderating this thing during the work day. Dutch and WolverineFan (who have been doing a fantastic job) and maybe a couple others will be doing it all.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read