Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-20-2014   #781
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

11(75) St. Louis Rams (RT22) ON THE CLOCK: 5pm - 9pm

12(76) Detroit Lions (steelbtexan) PM'ed
13(77) San Francisco 49ers (WolverineFan) READY
14(78) Dallas Cowboys (Thetexanator) GET READY
15(79) Baltimore Ravens (htownfan32) GET READY
16(80) New York Jets (?)

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #782
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to change that to *Ka'Deem Carey RB Arizona

If he hasn't been picked and no one has a problem with that.
Old 03-20-2014   #783
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry guys my big board got deleted. Was rushing through list to get pick in.
Old 03-20-2014   #784
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Alrighty, here's my writeup on the Browns first 3rd round pick. (OLD PICK)

With the 71st pick in the 2014 TT Mock Draft, the Cleveland Browns selected Carlos Hyde - RB - Ohio State

Highlights! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLHW_fZ_tF4

The Browns need some help on offense this year. They got Bortles in the 1st and Beckham in the late 1st, but they need a consistent run game to help out the new QB. Hyde is a one-cut type of runner, who ought to plug into the Shanahan offense quite smoothly. I expect Tate to be gone next year or on IR, so Hyde will fill his role when the time comes.

Hyde isn't perfect (off field issues aside), his goal-to-go game leaves something to be desired, but I love his playing style. He's a big bodied RB who plays like it. He finds the holes in the line, and bursts through them with ease. He navigates traffic very well, hits opponents like a mack truck, and always pushes the ball forward through the whistle. His yards after contact are the best of this class, and I think it's easy to see why when you watch him play. He's tough to take down, and even when he's going down, he still pushes forward for extra yards. I don't expect Hyde to break a lot of 20+ yard runs, but I do expect him to get a lot of 4-7 yard runs on 1st or 2nd downs. I think he will do well in Cleveland, and I think he fits the new offense perfectly.

I actually thought about taking Hyde at #35, but there are a lot of good runningbacks that I thought would be available in the 3rd. I don't think Hyde would have lasted much beyond this pick, so I had to take him here. I think Jeremy Hill could be a good similar type RB, but I'm not as high on him as Hyde. Plus the Ohio connection is always nice to have.
Old 03-20-2014   #785
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Sorry guys my big board got deleted. Was rushing through list to get pick in.
Did you want to go ahead and delete your first pick so there's not some confusion?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #786
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Noted. Just edit your original post so there is no confusion.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-20-2014   #787
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I edited your post. Carey is still available, so feel free to take him. You shouldn't be in a rush when you have so much time left on your pick. It's no problem to take 10 minutes to figure it out if you want to. (that goes for everyone)
Old 03-20-2014   #788
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Alrighty, here's my writeup on the Browns first 3rd round pick. (OLD PICK)

With the 71st pick in the 2014 TT Mock Draft, the Cleveland Browns selected Carlos Hyde - RB - Ohio State
He reminds me of Tate. Doesn't have the same long speed, but he's more physical running downhill.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-20-2014   #789
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I love your presumption that Tate will be on IR next year.

Remember, he is an elite back when healthy......
Old 03-20-2014   #790
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I edited your post. Carey is still available, so feel free to take him. You shouldn't be in a rush when you have so much time left on your pick. It's no problem to take 10 minutes to figure it out if you want to. (that goes for everyone)
Thank you.
Old 03-20-2014   #791
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
He reminds me of Tate. Doesn't have the same long speed, but he's more physical running downhill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I love your presumption that Tate will be on IR next year.

Remember, he is an elite back when healthy......
I had him targeted before they signed Tate, and definitely would have taken him at #35 if Tate didn't sign. However, there is less need at that position with Tate under contract, so I let him slip.

I do think Tate will wind up on IR next year. He will never been able to carry the load of a #1 RB IMO. I thought the Raiders might take Hyde before my pick due to McFadden being the same way as Tate. But they didn't, so I had to pounce on him.
Old 03-20-2014   #792
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 75th pick the Rams select Carl Bradford - OLB - Arizona St. - PAC12.
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #793
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Proxy pick for steelbtexan via PM.

The Detroit Lions select...

Paul Richardson - WR - Colorado - PAC-12

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-20-2014   #794
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

The San Francisco 49ers select...

Deone Bucannon - SS - Washington State - PAC-12

I cannot believe this beast is still on the board. I have him rated as my #2 Safety in the draft (behind Clinton-Dix) and the #1 SS. I grade him as a late first-rounder so I think he's an absolute steal here. I was on the verge of taking him with both of my 2nd round picks, but I resisted the temptation because SF really needed a CB and a WR. I can't pass any longer.

Bucannon goes 6-1, 211 lbs and has the long arms that SF wants in their DB's. He ran a sub 4.5-forty at the Combine and has top notch athleticism for the position. He doesn't have elite range, but his range is top notch for a SS. He can cover RB's and TE's and can obviously come up and make a hit. He's the total package as an in-the-box Safety and a perfect fit for the 49ers defense.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-20-2014   #795
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Proxy pick for steelbtexan via PM.

The Detroit Lions select...

Paul Richardson - WR - Colorado - PAC-12
I like this selection a lot. Fast guy and Matt Stafford can certainly deliver a strike in stride to him. Question is how much playing time will he get? Behind Megatron, Ryan Broyles, and Golden Tate...
Old 03-20-2014   #796
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The San Francisco 49ers select...

Deone Bucannon - SS - Washington State - PAC-12

I cannot believe this beast is still on the board. I have him rated as my #2 Safety in the draft (behind Clinton-Dix) and the #1 SS. I grade him as a late first-rounder so I think he's an absolute steal here. I was on the verge of taking him with both of my 2nd round picks, but I resisted the temptation because SF really needed a CB and a WR. I can't pass any longer.

Bucannon goes 6-1, 211 lbs and has the long arms that SF wants in their DB's. He ran a sub 4.5-forty at the Combine and has top notch athleticism for the position. He doesn't have elite range, but his range is top notch for a SS. He can cover RB's and TE's and can obviously come up and make a hit. He's the total package as an in-the-box Safety and a perfect fit for the 49ers defense.
Dangit. Stole my guy
Old 03-20-2014   #797
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

14(78) Dallas Cowboys (Thetexanator) ON THE CLOCK: 6:00pm - 8:00am

15(79) Baltimore Ravens (htownfan32)
16(80) New York Jets (?)
17(81) Miami Dolphins (htownfan32)
18(82) Chicago Bears (steelbtexan)
19(83) Cleveland Browns (Dutchrudder)

*The Jets pick will either be A) a group pick or B) we can assign them to a new GM. If you'd like to be the new Jets GM then send Blake, Dutch, or myself a PM.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-20-2014   #798
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Deone Bucannon - SS - Washington State

I was taking him next for Pitt or Oakland next

I like him as a potential player, can grown into something special
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #799
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Just an FYI guys, this year I'm keeping tabs on who flakes out and doesn't show up for picks. You will not be given a team next year if you make the blacklist.
Old 03-20-2014   #800
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just an FYI guys, this year I'm keeping tabs on who flakes out and doesn't show up for picks. You will not be given a team next year if you make the blacklist.
dun Dun DUN.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read