Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-20-2014   #761
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I'm curious how people have Purifoy rated. I've seen him as low as a 4th or even 5th rounder but as high as a 2nd rounder.
This is probably the guy who's got the most bizarre and disparate ranking in the draft. Walter Football says he could go as high as 1. But then other places have him ranked down in the nether regions of the draft.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #762
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I tend to have different grades than most because I use my own board.

I have a board of 300 prospects that I have been wasting pointless hours on for months. My wife will probably threaten to leave me and then after the draft is over we will magically become a happy couple again. Ah, such is the life of a free agent GM...
Yeah, my wife doesn't enjoy TT Mock draft season either.
Old 03-20-2014   #763
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Blake and the Buffalo Bills select:

Cyril Richardson - OG - Baylor

Road grader. Trouble with speed rushers, but at guard will have help. He can open holes for Spiller, and help protect EJ Manuel.
That's a good pick.
Old 03-20-2014   #764
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This guy comes in and can either sit behind Henne for a year or if he picks up the offense, he could start some time this season.

I really didn't expect him to fall to me here. I had been targeting Carr in the previous round but that didn't work out. My fallback here was a RB to replace MJD.
It appears we had very similar plans. I was hoping Garropolo would fall past you here. Mettenberger works here for me too though.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #765
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
It appears we had very similar plans. I was hoping Garropolo would fall past you here. Mettenberg works here for me too though.
Mettenberger is a big, old question mark. I wanted to come out of these three rounds with a QB but it just didn't work out in rounds 1 and 2.

I was considering other QBs if Garoppolo was gone but I ended up not liking any of them at this spot. In the "real" draft, I would have ended up taking a flyer on whoever was left in the 4th round.
Old 03-20-2014   #766
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That's a good pick.
Thanks. Jake Matthews + Cyril Richardson should help make that O-line the class of the AFC-East soon. Plus a shiny new weapon in Benjamin. E.J. Manuel just **** his pants in excitement.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #767
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm curious how people have Purifoy rated. I've seen him as low as a 4th or even 5th rounder but as high as a 2nd rounder.
He was the highest rated player I had on my board, he is in my top 32.

I love what he could be in the NFL.
Old 03-20-2014   #768
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I tend to have different grades than most because I use my own board.

I have a board of 300 prospects that I have been wasting pointless hours on for months. My wife will probably threaten to leave me and then after the draft is over we will magically become a happy couple again. Ah, such is the life of a free agent GM...
lol, good stuff. Your info is great. Don't stop it for her...we need you.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #769
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
lol, good stuff. Your info is great. Don't stop it for her...we need you.
Can he crash on your couch for a few weeks?
Old 03-20-2014   #770
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Can he crash on your couch for a few weeks?
I have a spare room.... would need to cover the flights yourself though.
Old 03-20-2014   #771
Blake
MMQB

Gonna be offline for a while.

Dont forget, PM your top X to Dutchrudder, WolverineFan and Blake. Lets keep this thing moving!

10(74) New York Giants (mussop) ON THE CLOCK 3:30
11(75) St. Louis Rams (RT22)
12(76) Detroit Lions (steelbtexan)
13(77) San Francisco 49ers (WolverineFan)
14(78) Dallas Cowboys (Thetexanator)
Old 03-20-2014   #772
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Love the Jags pick

Garoppollo is one of my top QBs with Bortles Carr then Garoppollo

His release and pocket presence are NFL par already
Love his release and throwing motion

I have Purifoy 3rd RD grade

His stock has sure fallen with his inconsistent acne and soft play for a person of his size and pedigree

But his frame and his first 2 years in Gainesville FL should get him drafted around the 3rd RD

He coasted his junior and senior season and he didn't grade out well considering the expectations but the potential is there and I would take him in the 3rd depending on the board
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #773
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm at the dentist, but the Browns will take Carlos Hyde - RB - Ohio State here. The reasoning should be obvious. Big downhill, one-cut runner that should fit the Shanahan offense. I don't trust Ben Tate for a season, and his deal is cheap if he needs to be cut next year.
IMO. Best RB in the draft. I have a pride bet w/ someone I think on him. Even in the lesser part of a timeshare role (until Tate goes down) this guy will be more effective than Sankey.

Hell yeah Harvard.
Old 03-20-2014   #774
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Loucheiz Purifoy - CB - Florida

Long corner who is versatile enough to play the nickel and some safety. He is an excellent blitzer and special teams player. He's inconsistent, especially in his technique, but the Bucs don't need him to start right away (signed Verner and have Jonathan Banks from last year). They can use him at the nickel spot, which is a need of theirs. He's got some concerns that have a lot of people downgrading him, but he has also shown flashes of greatness. High risk/high reward with a chance to contribute right away in the nickel and all four special teams groups.
I think he is good value here. I've scouted Roberson more than Purifoy.
Old 03-20-2014   #775
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
IMO. Best RB in the draft. I have a pride bet w/ someone I think on him. Even in the lesser part of a timeshare role (until Tate goes down) this guy will be more effective than Sankey.
I was hoping beyond hope he'd fall somehow to the 3rd round. I wanted him for Miami. Miller/Thomas aren't cutting it and Hyde would rejuvenate the running attack.
Old 03-20-2014   #776
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm at the dentist,
Is it safe?
Old 03-20-2014   #777
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Hyde is crap and won't do squat in the NFL

Just my two cents

I don't see it

Seastruck Sims and Shankey are my top backs
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #778
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Mason, Sankey and Seastruck for me.
Old 03-20-2014   #779
TexansFTW
All Pro

Watch for it and don't be surprised when it happens.
Old 03-20-2014   #780
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

The Giants select Ka'Deem Carey RB Arizona

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read