Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-20-2014   #741
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

I'm pretty sure my target here is not high on a lot of people's big boards, but you never know.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #742
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

I considered Bradford here for Oakland but the Raiders select....
Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska

Raiders need a big long corner and I like SJB game a lot

Wanted to take OL or pass rusher but with no quality OL worthy and addressing Passrusher in FA I shored up the backend with a solid corner in my opinion

(Sorry guys I didn't know I got raiders or would have checked in earlier)
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #743
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Give me a minute.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #744
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 68th pick the Atlanta Falcons select..

Terrence Brooks - FS - Florida State - ACC

Brooks is a former cornerback who was asked to drop down and cover slot receivers demonstrating good balance, fluidity and change of direction for coverage. Brooks looks the part of an NFL free safety and has the potential to be a ball-hawking FS.
Old 03-20-2014   #745
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

ALOT of really good talent left on the board in the 3rd round

Some guys I have in the 2nd and 3rd round went in round 1

Draft is nuts!
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #746
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post

Draft is nuts!
The draft is always nuts. And mock drafts like this are even less nutso than the real thing.

That's why we love it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #747
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post

Draft is nuts!
I agree my goal is always to get a starter in rounds 1 & 2 with impact rotational guys in the 3rd. I think i will be able to get starters through round 4 if the board falls my way. Lots of talent left.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2014   #748
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

If trades were a part of this draft, I would be blowing you guys up right now trying to move up.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #749
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Loucheiz Purifoy - CB - Florida

Long corner who is versatile enough to play the nickel and some safety. He is an excellent blitzer and special teams player. He's inconsistent, especially in his technique, but the Bucs don't need him to start right away (signed Verner and have Jonathan Banks from last year). They can use him at the nickel spot, which is a need of theirs. He's got some concerns that have a lot of people downgrading him, but he has also shown flashes of greatness. High risk/high reward with a chance to contribute right away in the nickel and all four special teams groups.
Old 03-20-2014   #750
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Loucheiz Purifoy - CB - Florida
Being a Seminole fan I was wondering what your assessment of my Terrence Brooks pick is? What do you think of him as a player?
Old 03-20-2014   #751
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Proxy pick for The Pencil Neck via PM.

The Jacksonville Jaguars select...

Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Eastern Illinois - FCS (Ohio Valley)

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #752
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Being a Seminole fan I was wondering what your assessment of my Terrence Brooks pick is? What do you think of him as a player?
This is what I said back in November:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Terrance Brooks is kind of up and down. He flashes great ability, but then has another play where he just looks bad, both in pass defense and run defense. I've seen him man up on slot guys and shut them down for a full game. I've seen him stop the run consistently during games. I've also seen him misjudge multiple balls within a game, or miss "must make" tackles, and you almost wish he'd get taken out. He's a great athlete for a 5th rounder, so it's taking a shot a little bit.
Looking back on it, he was a lot more consistent in his last year. He probably suffers a bit from having too much tape, and that's part of the reason I had him rated so low. I also didn't expect him to do so well at the combine. He fits the new school safety well. I like the pick and player.
Old 03-20-2014   #753
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm at the dentist, but the Browns will take Carlos Hyde - RB - Ohio State here. The reasoning should be obvious. Big downhill, one-cut runner that should fit the Shanahan offense. I don't trust Ben Tate for a season, and his deal is cheap if he needs to be cut next year.
Old 03-20-2014   #754
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

08(72) Minnesota Vikings (NCTexan) ON THE CLOCK: 3:20pm - 7:20pm

09(73) Buffalo Bills (Blake) GET READY
10(74) New York Giants (mussop) GET READY
11(75) St. Louis Rams (RT22) GET READY
12(76) Detroit Lions (steelbtexan) PM'ed

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-20-2014   #755
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

I'm curious how people have Purifoy rated. I've seen him as low as a 4th or even 5th rounder but as high as a 2nd rounder.
Old 03-20-2014   #756
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Vikings select Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU.

We hope to let him sit a year to learn, and then take over in 2015. If he rehabs fast and looks even better then he can start later in the season. The run game and upgraded pass catchers should serve him well. We expect him to take big leaps in his development and didn't want to risk him being taken before the 4th round.

Here's another player I have a really hard time judging where he'll go in the actual draft. What does everyone else think?
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #757
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm at the dentist, but the Browns will take Carlos Hyde - RB - Ohio State here. The reasoning should be obvious. Big downhill, one-cut runner that should fit the Shanahan offense. I don't trust Ben Tate for a season, and his deal is cheap if he needs to be cut next year.
Spit into the cup please

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #758
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

09(73) Buffalo Bills (Blake) ON THE CLOCK: 3:30pm - 7:30pm

10(74) New York Giants (mussop) GET READY
11(75) St. Louis Rams (RT22) GET READY
12(76) Detroit Lions (steelbtexan) PM'ed
13(77) San Francisco 49ers (WolverineFan) GET READY
14(78) Dallas Cowboys (Thetexanator) GET READY

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-20-2014   #759
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Proxy pick for The Pencil Neck via PM.

The Jacksonville Jaguars select...

Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Eastern Illinois - FCS (Ohio Valley)
This guy comes in and can either sit behind Henne for a year or if he picks up the offense, he could start some time this season.

I really didn't expect him to fall to me here. I had been targeting Carr in the previous round but that didn't work out. My fallback here was a RB to replace MJD.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #760
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Blake and the Buffalo Bills select:

Cyril Richardson - OG - Baylor

Road grader. Trouble with speed rushers, but at guard will have help. He can open holes for Spiller, and help protect EJ Manuel.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read