Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-20-2014   #721
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

With the 66th pick in the 2014 NFL draft the District of Colombia Indigenous Americans select......

Billy Turner - OT - North Dakota State - Missouri Valley

Big on talent, low on experience (against quality opponents) Turner is a high risk high reward pick who helps build a line to protect Griffin.

Old 03-20-2014   #722
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Well played sir
Old 03-20-2014   #723
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Big on talent, low on experience Turner is a high risk high reward pick who helps build a line to protect Griffin.
Turner has lots of experience he's a 4 year starter. Competition may be what you were meaning. This guy reminds me of Clady. I like it!
Old 03-20-2014   #724
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Turner has lots of experience he's a 4 year starter. Competition may be what you were meaning. This guy reminds me of Clady. I like it!
Yeah that is what I mean, experience going against quality opponents is what I was after.
Old 03-20-2014   #725
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Thanks to all that are keeping this thing moving. The selection list is up to date.

Via Proxy, Texan4Ever and the San Diego Chargers select:

Jeremiah Attaochu - LB - Georgia Tech

Thanks Blake. The reason I picked him is because he fits a 3-4 scheme, can get to the QB/play the run, and he will fill the void that was created by Shaun Phillips.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #726
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I see him projected as a guard because of his size. This is one of those guys where the various grades on him vary pretty wildly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If the Texans draft Clowney 1-1 and Garappolo 2-1 I hope they trade into the botton of the 2nd and pick Thomas. Thomas is one of my favorite OL in this draft. Strong/long arms/good feet at 6'3 he's a little short for a OT but can play that position. He will be a great OG.

Top 40 IMHO Great pick.
Carolina is pitiful on the OL. I'm giving Thomas a shot at the LT job. If he doesn't win it he will still easily win the LG job, which is where I project him to be a better fit anyway.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #727
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Thanks Blake. The reason I picked him is because he fits a 3-4 scheme, can get to the QB/play the run, and he will fill the void that was created by Shaun Phillips.
Good pick. 3-4 OLB written all over this guy. I think he might be a Texans target if he lasts long enough.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2014   #728
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a status update.

03(67) Oakland Raiders (Rock N Randy) ON THE CLOCK 1PM (PM SENT)
04(68) Atlanta Falcons (JCTexan) I have his top 2.
05(69) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (TexansSeminole) GET READY
06(70) Jacksonville Jaguars (The Pencil Neck) I have his top 5.
Old 03-20-2014   #729
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

My #28 overall player is still on the board after two rounds. Whoever lands him is getting a future Pro Bowler in the 3rd round.

Loved the Richburg pick for New England. Perfect fit.

And Quarles is a good pick for Crennel's defense here in Houston.
Old 03-20-2014   #730
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
My #28 overall player is still on the board after two rounds. Whoever lands him is getting a future Pro Bowler in the 3rd round.

I still have two guys in my top 32 as well.
Old 03-20-2014   #731
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I still have two guys in my top 32 as well.
I'm mainly just using cbssports.. The top guy available on theirs is Carl Bradford at #49..
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #732
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
It was a great pick. JA was #1 on the Colts board. Had more ACC college sacks than Peppers and Mario. 2nd coming of Brian Orakpo, another Nigerian wrecking ball.
Old 03-20-2014   #733
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I'm mainly just using cbssports.. The top guy available on theirs is Carl Bradford at #49..
From the way people are drafting, it looks like a lot of them are using the CBS draft board as their main board. Some are using he NFL.com scores and some are using WalterFootball and probably some other stuff I'm not aware of (if anyone is using something else, let me know, please).

And then there are those who have their own board.

I've got the three that I listed and I sort various ways to try to get a synthesis of the three. Plus, there are specific players I like and don't like that I move up or down depending.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #734
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I started with that board, then moved guys around as I read up on them.
Old 03-20-2014   #735
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
From the way people are drafting, it looks like a lot of them are using the CBS draft board as their main board. Some are using he NFL.com scores and some are using WalterFootball and probably some other stuff I'm not aware of (if anyone is using something else, let me know, please).

I've got the three that I listed and I sort various ways to try to get a synthesis of the three. Plus, there are specific players I like and don't like that I move up or down depending.
The diversification is what makes these big mocks great. We have 250 players ranked in different ways. Similar to what NFL teams will do. So you will see some picks that you think are perfect, and some that you think are bad matches, and some that are out of left field.
Old 03-20-2014   #736
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I copied Mel Kiper and Todd McShay. Next pick... Nolan Ryan.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #737
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

That was sarcasm BTW, Kiper and McShay suck.

Mussop, your top tackle just got charged bro. Better watch him close as his new GM, he's a wild card

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/..._river_default

Last edited by TexansFTW; 03-20-2014 at 04:36 PM.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #738
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I just pick players that other people PM me in their top 5 lists...

Old 03-20-2014   #739
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I just pick players that other people PM me in their top 5 lists...

You too?
Old 03-20-2014   #740
bah007
Hall of Fame

I tend to have different grades than most because I use my own board.

I have a board of 300 prospects that I have been wasting pointless hours on for months. My wife will probably threaten to leave me and then after the draft is over we will magically become a happy couple again. Ah, such is the life of a free agent GM...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read