Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-18-2014   #381
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Very interested to see what the Browns do here after getting Bortles earlier.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #382
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99579 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Texan4Ever proxy pick for the Chargers at #25

Xavier Su'a Filo - OG - UCLA - PAC 12
Great pick. My favorite OG in the draft.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #383
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 75036 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Good news, bad news. I start a new job on Monday morning. I need some volunteers to help takeover the administration of our mock draft.
I'd go with good news and forget the adjustment. Congratulations.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #384
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69963 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Great pick. He would be really useful with Leon Hall coming off another leg injury and Newman/Jones both getting older. Not to mention, Kirkpatrick hasn't been all that great so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Solid pick.
Thanks guys!

It so hard to get a feel of where he's going to go. If he was bigger he'd be first round no doubt. I've seen him drop on a couple of mocks/big boards because of his size, but I think he's worth a later first.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #385
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99579 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Thanks guys!

It so hard to get a feel of where he's going to go. If he was bigger he'd be first round no doubt. I've seen him drop on a couple of mocks/big boards because of his size, but I think he's worth a later first.
If he was 6'0, he's fighting Gilbert and Dennard for a top 10 pick. I actually like him more than Dennard to be honest. My top 3 CB's are...

1. Gilbert
2. Verrett
3. Dennard

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-18-2014   #386
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
JCTexan PMed me his pick.

Kansas City Chiefs (JCTexan) Marqise Lee - WR - USC
Explanation:

Alex Smith is a classic game-manager who needs complementary playmakers around him to be at his best. Marqise Lee has explosive straight-line speed, is savvy as a route-runner and should give the Chiefs a solid #2 WR opposite Dwayne Bowe.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #387
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Damn, I was hoping he would fall to #26 for the Browns. I see him as a 34 ILB too, but a lot of sites have him listed as an OLB. He wasn't much of a pass rusher at OSU, so I don't really see why someone would draft him high for that position. Most of the times he got to the QB it was on a delayed rush against no blockers. He's great against the run, and he can drop in coverage, so I like him.
I thought about Shazier for the Lions at #10. The main problem with their pass defense last yr is the needed a coverage LB. Dennard was too good to pas up though.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2014   #388
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

didn't want to slow things down so PM'd Blake my three choices-

ironicly pretty much where they all wound up going -

Quote:
22. Aaron Donald, DE/DT, PITT, 6-1 285 ACC

22b. Jason Varrett, CB, TCU, 5-9 189 BIG 12

22c. Marqise Lee, WR, USC, 6-0 192 PAC-12

nice job everyone

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #389
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 95054 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Thanks guys!

I love Lamarcus Joyner and considered him at 20 but his size put me off.

So if you all could lay off him until 52 that would be sweet
Old 03-18-2014   #390
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Explanation:

Alex Smith is a classic game-manager who needs complementary playmakers around him to be at his best. Marqise Lee has explosive straight-line speed, is savvy as a route-runner and should give the Chiefs a solid #2 WR opposite Dwayne Bowe.
Yep.

I really liked that pick.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #391
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Coon is here!!

We will get through the 1st today!
Old 03-18-2014   #392
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Am i up, sorry. Have scool today.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #393
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Coon is here!!

We will get through the 1st today!
Looks that way. I have Blake and bah007's proxy picks via PM and will be able to make both of my picks as well.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-18-2014   #394
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
It's dutch first, then it's you. No reason to apologize, you had perfect timing.
Old 03-18-2014   #395
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Cleveland (Dutch) is on the clock right now, but you're on deck.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-18-2014   #396
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you cant be here for long PM your 2 top players and we will keep this thing moving.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #397
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a tough pick, for a lot of reasons. Given the way the draft has fallen so far, and the needs of the Browns, none of my top prospects slipped to this spot. I was hoping one of my ILBs would fall (Mosley or Shazier), or a top CB (all 3 taken), or the top OG in Filo, or a FS like Dix or Pryor. Apparently we all have similar boards...

With the early pick of Bortles, it's important to compliment the QB, and while Cleveland has another pick at #35 that could easily be a great WR, I'm concerned that the WRs I want won't be there. So with the 26th pick in the 2014 TT Mock Draft, the Cleveland Browns select...

Odell Beckham Jr. - WR - LSU - SEC

OB highlights

The Browns need another WR threat across from Josh Gordon, who is an elite WR. I think Beckham will thrive with Gordon getting the bulk of the attention from opposing defense, and having Jordan Cameron doing his thing over the middle and down the seam. The three of them will create quite a trio of difficult matchups for opposing defenses. I see Beckham as more of a slot receiver in the NFL, but he does have the speed to go long on some routes. I like his hands a lot, he made some insane catches at LSU this past year, and he comes from a pro-style offense, where he was running a good amount of different routes. I think he will transition to the NFL just fine, but it might take a year for him to get up to speed since he's a junior.

This pick also fills a return-man need for the Browns. Travis Benjamin is recovering from a torn ACL last season, and I don't know if he can continue to be the main returnman for the team. Beckham has a lot of experience in this role having returned kicks for LSU the past 2 years. I expect Beckham and Benjamin to be the 2 kick returner and Beckham to become the team's punt returner.
Old 03-18-2014   #398
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Is there a chance that Timmy Jernigan is available for Texans at 2.1?
Old 03-18-2014   #399
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

If Shanahan can't be productive with THAT WR duo...
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #400
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Is there a chance that Timmy Jernigan is available for Texans at 2.1?
Probably not, now that you said it...

New England does need to replace Wilfork, but that's the only team I see between now and 33 that needs a DT. A lot of the upcoming teams need help at WR, which is what forced me to take Beckham now, instead of hoping he falls to 35.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read