Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-18-2014   #341
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Wow, that's a surprising pick!

Btw, BYU is independent.
Thanks for that. Was in a rush to get the pick in and didn't have time to get the conference.
Old 03-18-2014   #342
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would not of wanted Cooks for Arizona FWIW.
Old 03-18-2014   #343
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I think Atlanta will go Matthews, they've a $100 Million Man (Ryan) who was sacked 44 times and who was in the Top 10 in being pressured and hit.
The pick was between Mack & Matthews for me. I am a bit unsure on Matthews and I saw Mack as the BPA who is a perfect fit to help Atlanta transition into their 3-4 defense.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #344
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Don't have an issue with the position choice or the talent selection. I just don't think Barr will be playing OLB in a 43. I think he is strictly an edge rusher, WOLB in a 34 or situational WDE in a 43.
Understandable. I think he can develop into a OLB in the 43, or possibly be used as a DE if he puts on some weight, but that's what I'd rather avoid. I'm hoping he can develop into a better all around OLB, or the Vikings can find a way to use him. Talent + Need just made sense for the pick.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #345
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Btw Wolverinefan, I did think Zack Martin was one of the better picks for the Dolphins. I was torn between him and Nix and really with the signing of Albert I thought replacing Soliai and Starks at DT was a bigger necessity. However now with Martin starting at guard that O-line for the Fins is shored up, and Tannehill should have all the time he needs to throw to his WRs.
I understood the logic behind Nix, but still thought Martin was the clear pick as Miami re-signed Starks and brought in Mitchell at DT. I see Martin purely as an OG and their OG's are horrendous. He's a perfect fit for them at LG next to Albert.

Really liked the Ebron pick as well. Will make more of an impact for them than the WR's that were available. Good job so far.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #346
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I understood the logic behind Nix, but still thought Martin was the clear pick as Miami re-signed Starks and brought in Mitchell at DT. I see Martin purely as an OG and their OG's are horrendous. He's a perfect fit for them at LG next to Albert.

Really liked the Ebron pick as well. Will make more of an impact for them than the WR's that were available. Good job so far.
Same, Martin is an OG in my eyes, and should be a stud at the position. It's not a sexy pick in the #1st round but if you (and I do) think that Ryan Tannehill is your guy moving forward you give him 1) pass protection 2) a decent run game 3) maybe one more wideout to throw to, all of which are tied to this pick. Now moving forward you can fix the run game, the LB corps, and throw in another WR or TE for Tannehill to play with.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #347
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Great pick.
I'm hoping he falls to us in the third. I hope the draft doesn't follow this mock.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2014   #348
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I'm hoping he falls to us in the third. I hope the draft doesn't follow this mock.
I don't think he gets past #33, if you know what I mean.

I fully expect him to be drafted in the first round.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #349
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
He won't be there in the third, probably not even at 3-1. No way. I'll be shocked if he is. And running to the podium as fast as I can, in that case.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #350
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

21(21) Green Bay Packers (mussop) ON THE CLOCK 11AM-3PM
22(22) Philadelphia Eagles (beerlover) PMed me top 3.
23(23) Kansas City Chiefs (JCTexan) PMed me top 3.
24(24) Cincinnati Bengals (NCTexan) GET READY
25(25) San Diego Chargers (Texan4Ever) PMed me top 4.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #351
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Good news, bad news. I start a new job on Monday morning. I need some volunteers to help takeover the administration of our mock draft.
Old 03-18-2014   #352
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Good news, bad news. I start a new job on Monday morning. I need some volunteers to help takeover the administration of our mock draft.
No worries, we should be done by then.

Last edited by Dutchrudder; 03-18-2014 at 02:16 PM. Reason: tards
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #353
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

If needed I can help out during my daytime hours.
Old 03-18-2014   #354
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
No worries, we should be done by then.
We doing all 7 rounds? Doubt we get through that in the next 5 days.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-18-2014   #355
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, the deeper we go, the longer it gets.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #356
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think we are doing first 3, then either waiting for comp picks to come out or continuing on if they are out by then.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #357
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
If needed I can help out during my daytime hours.
Same here. On some days, I can help out all day long. On others, I will be of no help at all.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-18-2014   #358
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

The Green Bay Packers select
Ohio State ILB Ryan Shazier
Old 03-18-2014   #359
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yeah, the deeper we go, the longer it gets.
You would think the first round would move pretty quick. Most people know who the top prospects are. It shouldn't be hard to send a top five list if you aren't going to be around.

If we're already using the full four hours for some of the picks now I'd guess that most will be that way by the third round.

I'd love to go the full seven but I see group picks coming for the majority of the selections.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #360
Blake
MMQB

beerlover PMed me his pick.

22(22) Philadelphia Eagles (beerlover) Aaron Donald - DL - Pittsburgh

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read