Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-18-2014   #321
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
The Arizona Cardinals select -

Kyle Van Noy - OLB - BYU - mountain west?
One of my favorites in this draft.

Van Noy can replace Dansby without missing a beat. Or play either OLB spot. Gives the Cards great versatility in there LB corps. Van Noy is a playmaker. Great pick.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #322
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Arizona Cardinals select -

Kyle Van Noy - OLB - BYU - mountain west?
I was debating on him falling to the Vikings 2nd. Glad I took Barr.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #323
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

The WRs in this class are insane.

That's slightly higher than I would have expected Cooks but nothing crazy. I was hoping Van Noy would last a bit longer.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #324
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

21(21) Green Bay Packers (mussop) ON THE CLOCK 11AM
22(22) Philadelphia Eagles (beerlover) GET READY
23(23) Kansas City Chiefs (JCTexan) PMed me his top 3.
24(24) Cincinnati Bengals (NCTexan) GET READY
25(25) San Diego Chargers (Texan4Ever) GET READY
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #325
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Draft is paused.
Old 03-18-2014   #326
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Draft is paused.
Paused? Or just waiting on Mussop?
Old 03-18-2014   #327
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Miami Dolphins select, Louis Nix III - DT - Notre Dame
Martin would have been the better pick. JMO.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2014   #328
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

STOP THE DRAFT. EVERYONE, STOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blake, what happened? I had nix as choice 1 with ebron 2.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #329
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Paused? Or just waiting on Mussop?
Paused.

I made a bonehead move and messed up thetexanators pick which caused issues with others picks. My apologies.

Just so everyone is on the same page, here is the correct order of the last 5 picks. Since they were proxy picks, the only collateral damage is that Brandin Cooks is still available when Kiwi picked. But I think that wont matter as he went LB. But I will give him a chance to change his pick if he chooses.

16(16) Dallas Cowboys (Thetexanator) Louis Nix III - DT - Notre Dame
17(17) Baltimore Ravens (htownfan32) Eric Ebron - TE - North Carolina
18(18) New York Jets (ndevine7) Mike Evans - WR - A&M
19(19) Miami Dolphins (Htownfan32) Zack Martin - OL - Notre Dame
20(20) Arizona Cardinals (kiwitexansfan) Kyle Van Noy - LB - BYU

Again, my apologies.
Old 03-18-2014   #330
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

im filing tampering charges on the miami dolphins.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #331
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

This thing really took off! Nice.

Atlanta getting Mack and Tennessee somehow getting Gilbert are both amazing picks.

Barr to Minnesota surprised me. I don't think he is a fit there.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #332
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
STOP THE DRAFT. EVERYONE, STOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blake, what happened? I had nix as choice 1 with ebron 2.
My mistake. I have corrected it and we can now move on. Sorry!
Old 03-18-2014   #333
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Just out of curiosity why not? They really need LB depth everywhere, including OLB.

Edit: I really wanted Mack or Mosley, but I do think would Barr would fit in the system as well. I don't want him bulked up to a DE though. Keep him at OLB. Mosley was the target though.

------------

Also, picks should be fixed in the spread sheet.
Old 03-18-2014   #334
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Just out of curiosity why not? They really need LB depth everywhere, including OLB.
Don't have an issue with the position choice or the talent selection. I just don't think Barr will be playing OLB in a 43. I think he is strictly an edge rusher, WOLB in a 34 or situational WDE in a 43.
Old 03-18-2014   #335
Blake
MMQB

The draft may resume.

21(21) Green Bay Packers (mussop) ON THE CLOCK 11AM-3PM (Email Sent)
22(22) Philadelphia Eagles (beerlover) GET READY
23(23) Kansas City Chiefs (JCTexan) PMed me his top 3.
24(24) Cincinnati Bengals (NCTexan) GET READY
25(25) San Diego Chargers (Texan4Ever) GET READY

Last edited by Blake; 03-18-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-18-2014   #336
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My mistake. I have corrected it and we can now move on. Sorry!
Don't sweat it man. Appreciate the hard work.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #337
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good stuff Blake. After the edits took me a while to figure out what was going on. Thanks for the proxy pick.

Btw Wolverinefan, I did think Zack Martin was one of the better picks for the Dolphins. I was torn between him and Nix and really with the signing of Albert I thought replacing Soliai and Starks at DT was a bigger necessity. However now with Martin starting at guard that O-line for the Fins is shored up, and Tannehill should have all the time he needs to throw to his WRs.

As for the Ravens, Ebron seemed natural. They need a receiver of a sort, and Kubes loves his tight ends.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #338
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you a big Pryor fan or is this a needs driven pick?
Am a fan and it's also a position of need. I know Troy P will be back but he's clearly lost a step and it's clear his days are numbered. I believe this is a great opportunity for a young safety with upside to season and learn NFL level play behind one of the best to ever play the position.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #339
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59043 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
This thing really took off! Nice.

Atlanta getting Mack and Tennessee somehow getting Gilbert are both amazing picks.

I think Atlanta will go Matthews, they've a $100 Million Man (Ryan) who was sacked 44 times and who was in the Top 10 in being pressured and hit.
Old 03-18-2014   #340
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I think Atlanta will go Matthews, they've a $100 Million Man (Ryan) who was sacked 44 times and who was in the Top 10 in being pressured and hit.
In my last mock I had them taking Lewan as Robinson (STL) and Matthews (OAK) were both already off the board. But I understand the Mack pick. Great fit for their defense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read