Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-16-2014   #201
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
all three picks solid, great job, could we actually finish all 7 rounds before the draft begins this year
I hope so the Cardinals need to take Dustin Vaughan in the 7th.
Old 03-16-2014   #202
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 4th pick in the 2014 Texanstalk Mock Draft Extravagaza, the Cleveland Browns select...

Blake Bortles - QB - UCF - AAC

After years of searching for a franchise QB, and narrowly missing out on trading for RG3 last year, the Browns take a chance on Mr. Bortles. Despite having recently hired defensive minded Bills DC Mike Pettine as HC, the Browns will spend their first pick helping out the offensive side of the ball. Texans fans will of course be familiar the Browns new OC Kyle Shanahan, and I believe Bortles will fit his system perfectly. I think Bortles will thrive in this offense, assuming the Browns can get a couple of capable RBs to keep the defenses honest. Signing Ben Tate was the first piece, but later in the draft they will look to add a complementary RB and a couple more pieces on offense to help Blake out.

Highlight reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayD9_uCz4K0
Old 03-16-2014   #203
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Draft is falling exactly how I saw it so far.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #204
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you project him as day one starter or do you give the re-signed Hoyer the start while Bortles develops?
Old 03-16-2014   #205
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Do you project him as day one starter or do you give the re-signed Hoyer the start while Bortles develops?
Eh, dunno yet, depends on how the draft falls, and if I feel he will be adequately protected. I'd rather give Hoyer a few starts before sending Bortles out there, but I just don't see any way Hoyer beats out Bortles in camp.
Old 03-16-2014   #206
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Eh, dunno yet, depends on how the draft falls, and if I feel he will be adequately protected. I'd rather give Hoyer a few starts before sending Bortles out there, but I just don't see any way Hoyer beats out Bortles in camp.
Hoyer was pretty good last yr. I could actually see Hoyer starting most of the yr. Gordon will make most QB's look good. Who you going to add opposite of Gordon? LOL
Old 03-16-2014   #207
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Hoyer was pretty good last yr. I could actually see Hoyer starting most of the yr. Gordon will make most QB's look good. Who you going to add opposite of Gordon? LOL
Andrew Hawkins, duh. 4 years 12 million means he should be doing something. Probably going to be a slot receiver, but whatever.
Old 03-16-2014   #208
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Andrew Hawkins, duh. 4 years 12 million means he should be doing something. Probably going to be a slot receiver, but whatever.
I thought the Bengals were going to match Hawkins.
Old 03-16-2014   #209
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I thought the Bengals were going to match Hawkins.
The Bengals have AJ Green and Marvin Jones (a guy who I recall you were very high on back in 2012). They don't need Hawkins, they can find a capable #3 WR in the draft, or somewhere. Plus, the Bengals are one of the cheapest franchises in the league, so it's unlikely they will match for that reason alone.

I don't know why the Browns want Hawkins though, it's a lot of money to spend on a guy who wasn't that good in his one year of being a 2nd/3rd option at WR. I'd rather get a guy in this draft in the 3rd or 4th for 600k a year, than spend 3m a year on Hawkins.
Old 03-17-2014   #210
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know why the Browns want Hawkins though, it's a lot of money to spend on a guy who wasn't that good in his one year of being a 2nd/3rd option at WR. I'd rather get a guy in this draft in the 3rd or 4th for 600k a year, than spend 3m a year on Hawkins.
I agree. I personally think Hawkins is not long for the NFL. He's blazing fast, but 5'7" WRs gotta be more than fast to have a long life in the NFL. Browns totally overspent on him and I think he's going to suck, especially in their offense, but whatever.

The pick is saucy, I like it. I personally thought they'd go w/ Sammy "Speed Kills" Watkins right there, but I can't hate the pick. Good stuff so far.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #211
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
I agree. I personally think Hawkins is not long for the NFL. He's blazing fast, but 5'7" WRs gotta be more than fast to have a long life in the NFL. Browns totally overspent on him and I think he's going to suck, especially in their offense, but whatever.

The pick is saucy, I like it. I personally thought they'd go w/ Sammy "Speed Kills" Watkins right there, but I can't hate the pick. Good stuff so far.
Eh... Franchise QB > WR. This draft is too deep at WR to worry about getting one at #4. I'll probably get one later in the draft.
Old 03-17-2014   #212
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Spreadsheet is HERE
Dutch. I cant access google docs at home. Can you please update the RESULTS list with the owners?

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104406

Oakland Raiders (MistaRed) ON THE CLOCK 7AM-11AM
Atlanta Falcons (JCTexan) ON DECK (JCTexan PM'ed me his top 2.)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (TexansSeminole) IN THE HOLE

Last edited by Blake; 03-17-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #213
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

So Mista Red is on the clock for another hour (700 -1100 AM)?

I was reading that rules sheet and I guess it said that he will be a group pick from then on? Do we have an area where we can make a simple vote or will we have 31 message board posts?
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #214
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90207 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just gonna throw this out there.....

IMO, we should give MistaRed an extra hour or two. We weren't supposed to start until this morning but we got 4 picks out of the way last night. How's the guy supposed to know that he started the day on the clock? He probably wasn't expecting to be on the clock until around noon at the earliest.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #215
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post

IMO, we should give MistaRed an extra hour or two. We weren't supposed to start until this morning but we got 4 picks out of the way last night. How's the guy supposed to know that he started the day on the clock?
He was online an hour ago. He should know to check this thread. All we can do is wait until the timer goes off.
Old 03-17-2014   #216
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post

IMO, we should give MistaRed an extra hour or two. We weren't supposed to start until this morning but we got 4 picks out of the way last night. How's the guy supposed to know that he started the day on the clock? He probably wasn't expecting to be on the clock until around noon at the earliest.
I agree here.

Guys, I just wanted to throw this out there too. I really appreciate being included in this last year for the first time, and again this year. This forum is definitely a community I feel attached to and I really looked forward to this after last year. Thank you guys for all being so awesome. Even those who I tend to disagree with about the state and the future of the Texans (Texian, I'm looking at you), I appreciate the well thought out logic behind the arguments and how everyone can mostly keep it civil.

/emotional outburst

Now, stop drafting all the people I want!
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #217
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90207 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He was online an hour ago. He should know to check this thread. All we can do is wait until the timer goes off.
Okay never mind, didn't know that.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-17-2014   #218
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think this is a perfect opportunity to remind people that this thing is going to move FAST. Please try to be ready for a run of picks. Especially if the moderators are proxy picking for a group. You have to be ready to pick now.
Old 03-17-2014   #219
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Well if we do group pick or the mods proxy pick, this one should be pretty straight forward. Raiders have needs all over the place, but I only see two options for them right here.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-17-2014   #220
Blake
MMQB

Time is up. I really hate to group pick is first pick. Give him more time or move on?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read