Who is your SuperBowl winner?

• Broncos

Votes: 55 57.3%
  • Seahawks

Votes: 41 42.7%

• Total voters

kingtexan

All Pro
Ok, didn't see one yet, so who ya pickin?

Rational thought says if it is good weather the Broncos should have it, and if it is NY in February weather the Seahawks have the edge. I am going to have to stick with the QB who wanted to be a Texan, and would have led this team to a championship if not for Smithiak.

Broncos win!

Ok, didn't see one yet, so who ya pickin?

Rational thought says if it is good weather the Broncos should have it, and if it is NY in February weather the Seahawks have the edge. I am going to have to stick with the QB who wanted to be a Texan, and would have led this team to a championship if not for Smithiak.

Broncos win!

I'm sick of the QB is the only important player line so I want the best TEAM over the best QB. Go Seattle!

I think what I'm sick of is the Texans organization ignoring the fact that getting the best QB you can get really matters in this don't-touch-the-QB-or-the-receivers league. Maybe they will learn a little more lesson from watching a QB they could've had 2 years ago win another Superbowl.

You play to win it all, not just division championships, and when you get a chance to nab a HOF QB, you take that risk. I don't care if you're a control freak who doesn't like audibles.

I think what I'm sick of is the Texans organization ignoring the fact that getting the best QB you can get really matters in this don't-touch-the-QB-or-the-receivers league. Maybe they will learn a little more lesson from watching a QB they could've had 2 years ago win another Superbowl.

You play to win it all, not just division championships, and when you get a chance to nab a HOF QB, you take that risk. I don't care if you're a control freak who doesn't like audibles.

Once again, the point is that there is little confidence that any of the good QBs will be elite, much less HOF. You presume at least one is. We presume not. They don't come around every year.

If it's snowing Seattle

Clear weather Denver

Wouldn't Denver be more used to the snow?

Anyways, I have Denver winning. Peyton Manning is unstoppable right now. He's leading the the best all-time scoring offense in NFL history. Imagine if Ryan Clady or Von Miller weren't hurt. That's a team right there.

Broncos. It would be nice to see Manny Ramirez, Houston/Willowridge get a ring as well as Peyton.

If the Seahawks can hold Drew Brees to 0 points through 3 quarters and 15 points total, I don't see why they can't hold Manning down.

I picked the Seahawks-Broncos to be in the Super Bowl before the season started with Seattle taking the Lombardi.

Gonna stick with the 'Hawks.

Unless Seattles offense get its act together I don't se them beating Denver. Ill go Denver 31 Seattle 21.

I picked Seattle. I've been a distant Seahawks fan ever since the days of Largent. Oilers/Texans have always been my team, but beyond that, I seem to always pull for the Seahawks when they aren't facing us (which isn't often).

Plus, I have to admit - a dark part of me would relish watching Manning choke in the big game again. :)

Seattle. I dont care if he is with a new team but I will always hate Manning for being a Dolt and killing us for a decade.

I'm picking Seattle in the Super Bowl. I think the Broncos are very good, but I don't think they can hang with Seattles speed and physicality. After watching both teams several times this season, the Seahawks are clearly the better team. Seahawks by a touchdown.

I don't care

what do u think the story lines would be if it was Texans vs seahawks in the SB

I'm pulling for Seattle. I'd love to see the best defense in the NFL completely wreck the best QB in the NFL. I think the Broncos will win, but I really don't want to see that. I don't care about Peyton's legacy, or much of anyone on the team, but I am glad they beat the Patriots :)

Man, this is a tough call. I'm not even sure who I want to win, much less who I think will win.

I will definitely give both some thought and vote later... :thinking:

It's definitely a tough call...

I'd like to see Manning win it to solidify himself as the G.O.A.T....but Seattle matches up extremely well with what the Broncos like to do.....

It's honestly a toss up with too many factors in play to decide on 1 team or another.

I voted Seahawks (partly due to hometown pride), but it's gonna be one damn good game either way.

Im a big Manning fan and I would like to see him get another ring. He is playing well enough to top the Hawks D. I think given his ability to read the D and make changes, even against the best D Manning has the advantage presnap so its all about the execution. The hawks started at a 1.5 favorite in Vegas and it has swung to 2-2.5 Denver fav

Talking about years past isnt always an apples to apples comparison to the current year

You mean the current year where Brees still threw for 5,162 yards and 39 TD? Sure Peyton topped that this year but that's still a monster season. So yeah, it's not really a stretch to compare the 2 even just this season.

You mean the current year where Brees still threw for 5,162 yards and 39 TD? Sure Peyton topped that this year but that's still a monster season. So yeah, it's not really a stretch to compare the 2 even just this season.

Brees monster season wasn't just topped by Manning 16 tds extra over 40% more than Brees, two less ints 300 more yards on 9 more attempts. Manning was in a league of his own

Brees monster season wasn't just topped by Manning 16 tds extra over 40% more than Brees, two less ints 300 more yards on 9 more attempts. Manning was in a league of his own

Oh gosh, how did he ever lose 3 games then? OK, I get it. Manning's a god.

There should be an age requirement for this site. Preferably over 12 ...

Yeah, you're right. Make ignorant statements like you can't compare Brees and Manning, then start taking shots at someone who calls you on that bull****, maybe your parents should take your internet privileges away for awhile.

Oh gosh, how did he ever lose 3 games then? OK, I get it. Manning's a god.

You can act like a kid of you want but the year Brees had isn't comparable to Manning. Manning threw 40% more TDs 16% less ints and 300 more yards on 9 more attempts. They aren't comparable years

You can act like a kid of you want but the year Brees had isn't comparable to Manning. Manning threw 40% more TDs 16% less ints and 300 more yards on 9 more attempts. They aren't comparable years

I don't even agree with Speedy's overall point and think this is a whack argument. They are elite QBs and worthy of discussion. It's not like every game from either one has been perfectly consistent all season. Manning had a crap game this magical season against NE. OTOH non-elite Schaub torched the Seattle passing D. Frankly that goes against Speedy's "Seattle is just too good" argument more than haggling over Brees being incomparable to Manning.

The Seahawks had a good record, BUT they also had a fairly weak schedule and honestly many of their wins were by narrow margins. They play dirty and for the most part the refs made some seriously bull ISHT calls in their favor. The story of THIS Superbowl is Payton Manning.
The league wants him to go out on top as it makes a great narrative just like last year with Ray Lewis. The league wants it to happen and honestly Denver is a better rounded team than Seattle.

Denver by 10.

I don't even agree with Speedy's overall point and think this is a whack argument. They are elite QBs and worthy of discussion. It's not like every game from either one has been perfectly consistent all season. Manning had a crap game this magical season against NE. OTOH non-elite Schaub torched the Seattle passing D. Frankly that goes against Speedy's "Seattle is just too good" argument more than haggling over Brees being incomparable to Manning.

All I said is that the Seahawks held Brees down, it's not inconceivable that they can't do the same to the great Peyton Manning. I never even said Seattle is "just too good". I said they held Brees in check. That's it. Then somebody says I can't compare Brees to Manning? WTF is that?

And by the way, somebody remind me how Brady's 50 TD greatest season of all time ended again.

And by the way, somebody remind me how Brady's 50 TD greatest season of all time ended again.

50 tds isnt the greatest of all time mark now is it? The end result however isnt the end all to one person's performance just as there have been super bowl QBs who play average football

Well we were talking about a season's worth of work not game to game. At the end you can compare anything but the performance gap is a rather large one

The Seahawks had a good record, BUT they also had a fairly weak schedule and honestly many of their wins were by narrow margins. They play dirty and for the most part the refs made some seriously bull ISHT calls in their favor. The story of THIS Superbowl is Payton Manning.
The league wants him to go out on top as it makes a great narrative just like last year with Ray Lewis. The league wants it to happen and honestly Denver is a better rounded team than Seattle.

Denver by 10.

I agree with everything in your post except the bolded. That's kind of an odd claim. I don't think anybody has ever accused Seattle of playing dirty.

Looks more like its going to be snowing come game time. Seattle and Beast Mode might run away with this one.

wunderground doesnt go out to next sunday but it shows all next week up to friday with decent weather high of 33 low of 17 with a 10% chance of precip winds 6-8 mph

BegqvgUCEAA3E2N.jpg

Cred to Blake for finding this

Broncos.

I have been watching Russell Wilson the last couple of games and the bright lights are making him a little skittish and hesitant. Manning won't have that problem on the big Super Bowl stage.

I like Seattles defense but if anyone can beat them it would be Manning and those huge WR's (and the little fast one too).

wunderground doesnt go out to next sunday but it shows all next week up to friday with decent weather high of 33 low of 17 with a 10% chance of precip winds 6-8 mph
Looks like they might get lucky for the Jersey SB because temps in the 30s would practically be balmy & comfortable compared to what they've been having back there lately.

Yeah, you're right. Brees beat Manning in their Super Bowl matchup. My bad.

One of those two QBs thew a pick 6 in that Super Bowl. Hmmmm, which one was it again?.... :thinking:

I agree with everything in your post except the bolded. That's kind of an odd claim. I don't think anybody has ever accused Seattle of playing dirty.

I don't get the dirty tag, either. They are physical and aggressive, but I guess some guys like their football to be nice and marshmallowy. They play through the whistle, but that's not dirty. Just good old school style football.

I think I'll root for the Seahawks in this one. The overwhelming hype on Manning would be in full gear if he wins this game, and they might even change the name of the trophy from the Lombardi award to the Peyton is God Trophy and call it the Peyton Manning Football Hall of Fame.

Plus, I like great defenses, and seeing that the Seahawks have never won a SB, I think I'll be a 'hawks fan for a day.

Looks like they might get lucky for the Jersey SB because temps in the 30s would practically be balmy & comfortable compared to what they've been having back there lately.

Weather channels forecast has dropped from60% to 10% precip Friday. Wunderground shows highs at 23 Sunday sunny to partly cloudy and 10-20mph winds.

I'll roll Seattle in this one despite being a Peyton fan. Just appreciate strong defense and how those guys play on the field not to mention the respect I have for Wilson and Lynch. Can care less about Carroll but it's about the players and their style of play more for me than the coaches.

I'm routing for Seattle, and I think they'll get it done.

It is probably the best Superbowl matchup of recent years, in my opinion. Both teams being there have very little to do with momentum - and both had stellar regular season campaigns.

In the battle of Broncos Offense vs Seattle Defense I think that it will be a push, and Seattle Offense vs Broncos Offense, I think Seattle can put an extra 7 over the Broncos in the 60 minutes.

A fantastic matchup for both the neutral and the teams' fans though!

Back