Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Who is your SuperBowl winner?
Broncos 55 57.29%
Seahawks 41 42.71%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2014   #201
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SuperBowl ... Who you got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
What a boring Super Bowl. It ended before 9PM.
My pops won $2,000 and I won $300 dollars. So this is one of the best SBs ever.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #202
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I'm sick of the QB is the only important player line so I want the best TEAM over the best QB. Go Seattle!
I didn't waste my time actually watching the game, but I'm please with the outcome. TEAM wins over QB! And not even close makes it even better.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #203
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Summary of the Super Bowl:

TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #204
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

As bad as it was last night for Manning..this doesn't really change my opinion about his legacy...dude is still perhaps the greatest to ever do it...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #205
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
As bad as it was last night for Manning..this doesn't really change my opinion about his legacy...dude is still perhaps the greatest to ever do it...
Choke?

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #206
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep, I'll always remember him as the greatest regular season QB who won his only SB when his running back went off in the rain in Miami against a Gross man led Bears.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 02-03-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-03-2014   #207
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I didn't waste my time actually watching the game, but I'm please with the outcome. TEAM wins over QB! And not even close makes it even better.
Completely agree. It was nice to see a team win a game the old school way with some sound football instead of fantasy numbers in today's era. Just wished the game was more competitive since we waited two weeks for a complete domination. Oh well. I'm sure Hawks fans aren't complaining about that point though.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2014   #208
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't see this thread before hand but I was going for Seattle both as I thought they would win and because they have always been my #2 team after Warren Moon went there. Congrats to Seattle.

Unfortunately for one of my co workers who is from Seattle and a big Seahawks fan, she made it public how wrecked she was on Facebook last night partying....apparently she is still at home vomiting and it supposed to be here now lol. She can't even play it off as being sick. FAIL

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #209
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I didn't see this thread before hand but I was going for Seattle both as I thought they would win and because they have always been my #2 team after Warren Moon went there. Congrats to Seattle.

Unfortunately for one of my co workers who is from Seattle and a big Seahawks fan, she made it public how wrecked she was on Facebook last night partying....apparently she is still at home vomiting and it supposed to be here now lol. She can't even play it off as being sick. FAIL
Well, vomiting could equal sick, I guess.
Old 02-03-2014   #210
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LOL I guess that's why folks think the game needs to be moved to Saturday's. It does suck for those who have parties and such then have to run back to work Monday.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #211
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I can't even begin to mention the number of co workers that I've seen fired over facebook posts. It's the #1 reason why I don't have a account and won't start one.
Old 02-03-2014   #212
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Choke?
Lol...no. I wouldn't call last night a choke as much as the better overall team winning....The seahawks simply dominated from start to finish in every aspect of the game.

ST...Holliday put the ball on the ground twice & gave up a K return.
Defense: gave up 27 points & didn't get any TO's & played undisciplined.
Offense: turned it over 5 times and put the ball on the ground 2 other times...Manning was under siege all game.
Coaching: Guessing all night on offense & defense while Carroll was being creative on offense.

Just total domination by Seattle. Yeah manning didn't play well, but the whole Broncos team didn't play well & looked unprepared.....Honestly, they looked like that 12-4 Panther's team Fox coached back in 08' that got blown up by the Cardinals in the playoffs...Just totally overmatched.

Last edited by Mr teX; 02-03-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #213
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, I just saw this from my wall last night, thought was funny (also that girl at work just officially called in sick lol and no, she made it too public she was just wrecked, she doesn't drink much according to her so she just didn't know her limits I guess)

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 02-03-2014   #214
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I can't even begin to mention the number of co workers that I've seen fired over facebook posts. It's the #1 reason why I don't have a account and won't start one.
I don't use FB a lot but I am always careful NOT to post stupid $hit that's for sure.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 02-03-2014   #215
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Yep, I'll always remember him as the greatest regular season QB who won his only SB when his running back went off in the rain in Miami against a Cutler led Bears.
Even worse, the QB was Grossman.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #216
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Choke?
It was a bad performance, but I'd qualify this in two ways.

(1) His O-line was terrible. It looked a LOT like the Texans O-line we suffered with all season. (There were times I almost thought we WERE watching the Texans O-line.) Peyton rarely had enough time in the pocket to make plays. (Yes, a large portion of that goes in the form of props to the Seattle D, but I think even absent that, the Broncos' O-line was simply putrid, and it's hard for ANY QB to look good under such constant harassment.)

(2) The term "choke" (to me) implies that bad play in the clutch helped turn what should (or could) have been a win into a loss, especially in the fourth quarter. The Broncos were so thoroughly outplayed in all aspects of the game for just about all 60 minutes that I don't even think a good performance from Peyton, given the defense he was up against, would have made a difference in the outcome of the game (apart from perhaps making it closer).

In reality, Tom Brady, as much as I hate everything about the Brady-Belichick Patriots, is probably grinning. After Manning beat Brady in the AFC Championship and Denver won pretty convincingly over the Pats (noting that NE is a mediocre road team at best), some thought Manning' legacy may have taken baby steps toward Brady's, especially if he won this Super Bowl. Well, that talk should be over in terms of post-season performance. I've seen Brady lose playoff games. I've seen Brady lose Super Bowls. I've seen Brady at less than his best in those games. But I've never seen Brady unleash a toxic stinkbomb in a postseason game, let alone a Super Bowl, that was anywhere near this stench-ridden.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #217
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Oh yeah -- I remember their "rap", perhaps a bad ripoff of the Super Bowl Shuffle, where Grossman calls himself "Sexy Rexy." I think I want to vomit.

I think Cutler was still in Denver at the time Peyton won his only SB anyway.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #218
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh crap, brain fart

Yes Gross man. Sorry, still hungover from last night.
Old 02-03-2014   #219
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Legacy denied!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #220
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Agreed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read