Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Who is your SuperBowl winner?
Broncos 55 57.29%
Seahawks 41 42.71%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2014   #181
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235987 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SuperBowl ... Who you got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
In Thunder's defense he said Houston He didn't say Texans...
My bad. I only think in terms of Texans for us.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #182
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

That Manning guy is a pick 6 machine in Super Bowls.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #183
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Yeah, they only had a 26 year head start.
No sir, Houston has had and NFL team since 1960.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #184
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...win-super-bowl

Me and the Psychic Utah Ape are taking the hawks (and if the hawks lose I hope it is by less than 8.5 and the total stays under 54)
Man pins and needles for a quarter and a half; sweating every play at the end.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #185
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

This was the worst Super Bowl in living memory.

Also, Manning is the best regular season QB of all team. #chokeartist

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #186
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
That Manning guy is a pick 6 machine in Super Bowls.
It's Tony Dungy's fault.
Old 02-02-2014   #187
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I am glad I got to watch Seattle lay a thorough beatdown on the Broncos (especially since I got to watch Elway lose, again) and prove once again that defense wins championships.

Edit: the Texans should also look into this whole "draft awesome DB's from the later rounds" thing Seattle has going on.
Sponsored links
Old 02-02-2014   #188
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I am glad I got to watch Seattle lay a thorough beatdown on the Broncos (especially since I got to watch Elway lose, again) and prove once again that defense wins championships.

Edit: the Texans should also look into this whole "draft awesome DB's from the later rounds" thing Seattle has going on.
Yes sea has built something nice. FA will tear it apart
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #189
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

gee way to represent dat AFC Denver I wish Texans could of played dis game but hell we just embressed ourselves has well

uhh I guess all dis means is Dat Johnny football stock has just went up ....?????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #190
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
gee way to represent dat AFC Denver I wish Texans could of played dis game but hell we just embressed ourselves has well

uhh I guess all dis means is Dat Johnny football stock has just went up ....?????
No, it hasn't. I'm not understanding the hype of why it would either. Wilson is more of a game manager that can use his feet to help win games. Manziel is more of a gunslinger than a game manager.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #191
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I wonder if our fans would be "happy" if we'd have got Peyton a couple of years ago & just lost Super Bowl XLVIII 43-8

Instead, we're in position to get Teddy Bridgewater.
Old 02-02-2014   #192
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I wonder if our fans would be "happy" if we'd have got Peyton a couple of years ago & just lost Super Bowl XLVIII 43-8

if peyton came here mannn he would be surrounded by a much better team

but who knows if peyton couldn't win here has well then im glad we didn't get him

but peyton or no petyon im deff not happy at a 2-14 season
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #193
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Obviously I would be happy with the Texans being in the Super Bowl, but also disappointed with a loss.

None of us know what Teddy Bridgewater will become. He could be the next elite QB. I think that has a higher chance of happening than Mccarron becoming the next Brady like you mentioned earlier today.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #194
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
**** mattress Mack!! That place is a rip off.
How so.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #195
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Anyways, I got the Hawks winning 24 to 17.. with the forehead throwing 2 ints.
Well definitely whiffed on the beat down of the score, but I nailed the 2 ints. It's what forehead does in big playoff games. The Broncos defense didn't even have to get off the bus as the Hawks' STs and defense outscored their entire team.
Old 02-02-2014   #196
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 24388 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
How so.
Wish I would have taken him up on his offer. My home's interior would have been awesome. I guess 1099's are forthcoming.
StarStruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #197
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Manning is renowned for getting his team into the right play at the line of scrimmage, eliminating or at least reducing negative plays. Well, Seattle didn't disguise anything, so there was no need for "Omaha! Omaha!", and Manning lived up to the rep he started building at Tennessee and continued in the NFL playoffs - great regular season, but not a big game QB.

Great game by Seattle.
Old 02-03-2014   #198
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

What a boring Super Bowl. It ended before 9PM.
Old 02-03-2014   #199
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
If the Seahawks can hold Drew Brees to 0 points through 3 quarters and 15 points total, I don't see why they can't hold Manning down.
Yep. I don't see why they can't.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #200
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Wish I would have taken him up on his offer. My home's interior would have been awesome. I guess 1099's are forthcoming.
What offer is that?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read