Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-20-2014   #21
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33993 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Richard Sherman's Big Mouth

Sherman is great.

He talks trash, but backs it up on the field.

I have no problem with that ...
kingtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #22
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

My son is a die hard Niner fan (yes my kids are independent thinkers) and was at the game. He heard about the interview first and later saw it. His response was that he didn't see the big deal of the big deal. His big deal was the two interceptions especially the last one considering the timing
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #23
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny how people complain about PC but when someone comes along and says things that aren't PC those same people put them on blast.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #24
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought at first someone changed the channel on me and I was watching Booker T doing an impression of Sherman...

Seriously though its a none issue. The interview was minutes after the confrontation and there seems to be bad blood as it is. The guy is human and its not similar to the TO antics or Ochocinco stuff. That was a heat of the battle type of response.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #25
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's no dummy. He likes being a villain and even though he comes off as a brash clown he's not what's wrong with the nfl. He's a character and ill take someone like him over someone like ray lewis any day.
Old 01-20-2014   #26
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guarantee you his act is infectious to his teammates. He gets so pumped up for every game, every play. That's enviable
Old 01-20-2014   #27
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I remember seeing him @ senior bowl. He was a late injury add,came in night b4 and played well. Ex wr,great ball skills. How many dudes from compton goes to stanford,make straight a's ? As long as he plays like he do,I don't care.
Old 01-20-2014   #28
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get the butthurt over Sherman. This is the same board that supported Antonio Smith trying to brain a guy with a helmet right?

Sherman is honestly refreshing for the present NFL. Same with Suh

And as someone else said, it has been reported that Sherman and Crabtree have an off the field history
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #29
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I remember seeing him @ senior bowl. He was a late injury add,came in night b4 and played well. Ex wr,great ball skills. How many dudes from compton goes to stanford,make straight a's ? As long as he plays like he do,I don't care.
well said. hence chip on shoulder, which drives him. However once he (Seahawks) win the Superbowl, reality will set in. How does he respond to media, commercial & contract requests? Love his candidness, keeping it real, just try to keep it underwraps & milk it for all its worth

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #30
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a win-win all the way around. When he backs it up it's entertaining and because the nature of the NFL is spelled out in it's name (Not For Long) sooner than he expects he won't be able to back it up and we'll get to see someone else eventually rub his nose in it like a dog that just did his business on the carpet. No matter what part of it you like best you'll get yours eventually.
Old 01-20-2014   #31
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Lots of either or stuff today.

Intensity is not mutually exclusive with being a nice guy after the whistle blows. Cliff "Captain Crash" Harris was one of the hardest hitting safeties the league has ever known and is a very "nice guy."

I like Sherman and there is nothing wrong with swagger but as with most things excess can get annoying.
I didn't say it was. There's a pretty strong correlation though.

I also disagree that Sherman's quotes were excessive or annoying.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #32
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless he said more than they showed on the news, I don't see the problem. He's excited about making a huge play to seal the win and he's yelling because it's friggin loud in there with everyone celebrating.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #33
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Sherman's act is entertaining in two ways: firstly that he backs up his mouth with the way he plays, and second when he eventually continues to mouth off but his play inevitably declines like it does for all athletes. We are entertained as he goes up and and then when he comes down.

I think it sets up a good Super Bowl, too. #1 defense vs. #1 offense. Ball hawk secondary vs. Peyton Manning. EPIC.
Like in the playoff last year when he had a 47 yard TD thrown on him and lost the game and continued to talk smack?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...162306807.html

Humility and respect for your fellow competitors is lost with him, it's all about the "look at me".

Screw Sherman.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #34
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

The guys a douche bag, but he's the kind of douche bag you want on your team because he's that damn good.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #35
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306626 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I also disagree that Sherman's quotes were excessive or annoying.
Disagreeing with whom? While you quoted me, I never said his quotes alone were excessive or annoying. In fact the observation "excess can get annoying" was a general statement not even pointed at Sherman.
Old 01-21-2014   #36
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Had no issues with it personally. To be quite honest, it was kind of refreshing. It's a rare thing I even bother paying attention to interviews because guys say the same ol' politically correct jargon that you can write a script for. So yeah it was over the top and unsportsmanlike but damnit if it wasn't entertaining.

Plus, as someone else posted, there was a history there. Sherman didn't really react til he got shoved in the face when he extended his hand. Though I found it interesting (on another sports forum) how everyone focused on that one moment but ignored that for the entire game Sherman was patting Niners after a play. I remember it because I thought it was a bit out of character after some of his statements before the game. But all game he was patting guys after a good play and even helped one guy up on the Niners.

So fast forward and he makes the big play, pats Crab on the backside and extends his hand to only get shoved in the face. Granted it could have been a smart ass way of taunting. Hell...he might have reacted better than I would though lol. Eh, either way not a big deal.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #37
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
I don't get the butthurt over Sherman. This is the same board that supported Antonio Smith trying to brain a guy with a helmet right?
Yup. Because one thing is for sure, this message board doesn't have people who disagree. We all have the same uniform opinion. /sarcasm.

Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #38
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Yup. Because one thing is for sure, this message board doesn't have people who disagree. We all have the same uniform opinion. /sarcasm.

Hahaha this
Old 01-21-2014   #39
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

^ hilarious!!

I know a couple of football fans that have this exact take. Gotta' forward this to them.
Old 01-21-2014   #40
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 7152 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

The nfl needs villains like this. Been to calm since TO called it a day

Your man... Pots and pans
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read