Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-19-2014   #81
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Gardner fired???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Fire Rick Smith next.
You just like swinging the axe, you don't really care who you swing it at.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #82
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Gardner fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Not this debate again. Ugh.

Again: Bill Belecheat has multiple Super Bowls.

Repeat it to yourself: Bill Belicheat has multiple Super Bowls.

Bill Belichick....Doesn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Corrected for you.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #83
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Corrected for you.
Not like everybody else wasn't doing the same thing at that time.

Belichick has his team in another AFC championship game today. What is that, 1 SB and the last 2 aFC championship games in the last 3 yrs? Yeah, as a Texans fan give me some of that.

Belichick made the AFC championship without his 2 best offensive weapons Gronk/Hernandez and a RB (Blount that has been cut from 2 NFL teams.

That Belichick guy really stinks at his job.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #84
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
But there wasn't a total housecleaning. Rick is still here. I gave up hope that Rick/Gary could win a SB after the 2010 season and questioned BoB's commitment to winning. That has not and will not change until 1. I'm proven wrong. 2. Rick Smith is fired.
The problem is that you've already been proven wrong (plenty of times).. "BoB" has had a commitment to winning since day one and I dare you to try to prove where he hasn't... I'll flash forward.. you can't.

Maybe I'm late to the game, but what the hell does "BoB" even mean? You're the only person I ever see type it (Newsflash... It hasn't caught on) so you should be able to tell me... Why do you type it?

1. (since you like to number things) Is it because he's cheap? Nope it can't be that, because he's never been cheap to begin
with

2. Did he make bad hires (Only in hindsight to morons who label him "BoB").. Nope didn't do that either. He only hired the guy that led a expansion team to the NFC championship and as far as Kubkiak and his patience goes with his head coaching hires. Where is "BoB" supposed to draw the line? Is it going to happen when he keeps a coach that you don't approve of too long?

Or are you going to label the man "BoB" when he prematurely fires someone that you approved of? Which is it?

The guy's name is Bob McNair.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 01-19-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #85
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow I'm glad Brian Gardner was fired. Now, nothing is holding Rick Smith back from greatness!

Just to get something clear, what was the big FA signing that Gardner screwed up on? Was he the proponent for signing Ed Reed? "It wasn't me Bob. Gardner wanted Reed. I thought he was done, myself."

Why Gardner? Did he think that Derek Newton could hold down the RT spot? That the Texans didn't need to bolster the ILB corps? That McCain and Harris could play nickel CB in the NFL?

Look, I hope the Texans turn everything around and become a top NFL team in 2014. But, I can't shake the feeling that there is still a cancer that needs to be removed. And it wasn't Brian Gardner.
Old 01-19-2014   #86
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
The problem is that you've already been proven wrong (plenty of times).. "BoB" has had a commitment to winning since day one and I dare you to try to prove where he hasn't... I'll flash forward.. you can't.
I don't think you'll get an argument from anyone that McNair hasn't been committed to winning since day 1. What is becoming clear is McNair doesn't really know how and after 12 years, 79-113, is proving that he's not very good at it.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #87
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Wow I'm glad Brian Gardner was fired. Now, nothing is holding Rick Smith back from greatness!

Just to get something clear, what was the big FA signing that Gardner screwed up on? Was he the proponent for signing Ed Reed? "It wasn't me Bob. Gardner wanted Reed. I thought he was done, myself."

Why Gardner? Did he think that Derek Newton could hold down the RT spot? That the Texans didn't need to bolster the ILB corps? That McCain and Harris could play nickel CB in the NFL?

Look, I hope the Texans turn everything around and become a top NFL team in 2014. But, I can't shake the feeling that there is still a cancer that needs to be removed. And it wasn't Brian Gardner.
When slick rick reached out his hand awkwardly, end of Bill O'Brian hiring press conference, I got that sense of, "I know you don't trust me but lets still be friends & work things out" gut feeling. I'm not sure if Rick is further up Bob's or Cal's a$$ but clearly he is playing on their sympathy to remain the GM. The only way this cancer will be removed if a 3rd party (Dr. O'Brian) can show conclusive evidence, that it needs to be removed or face dire consequences.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-19-2014   #88
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I don't think you'll get an argument from anyone that McNair hasn't been committed to winning since day 1. What is becoming clear is McNair doesn't really know how and after 12 years, 79-113, is proving that he's not very good at it.
So a guy that has made billions of dollars doesn't know how to win.. LMAO
Old 01-19-2014   #89
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So a guy that has made billions of dollars doesn't know how to win.. LMAO
Not so much in the National Football League. I believe in the scoreboard. The scoreboard says, 79-113, .411. The scoreboard doesn't lie. You can accept the reality and truth of the scoreboard or you can continue to live in denial while continuing to make excuses for all the failures. It is what it is. Besides McNair there is another 20 something Billionaires who are not very good as owners in the NFL.
Old 01-19-2014   #90
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

I get the feeling that Smith is going to get the Casserly treatment after the draft is over.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #91
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not so much in the National Football League. I believe in the scoreboard. The scoreboard says, 79-113, .411. The scoreboard doesn't lie. You can accept the reality and truth of the scoreboard or you can continue to live in denial while continuing to make excuses for all the failures. It is what it is. Besides McNair there is another 20 something Billionaires who are not very good as owners in the NFL.
Umm.. last I checked Billionaires don't coach football

And how hasn't McNair been a good owner.. please fill me in, I really want to here this B.S.

Hows this for realitiy

Let me fill you in on your owner that is "BoB" (whatever the hell that means). I was never supposed to speak of this, but a truck driver who worked for "BoB" served in Vietnam and was Vietnam vet and met "BoB" numerous of times just in passing. The Vietnam vet came down with cancer due to his exposure to agent orange in that war.. He died and "BoB" took care of his widow's mortgage..

The Vietnam vet was my father in law... Damn, what a cheap POS who only cares about the bottom line huh?
Old 01-19-2014   #92
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Umm.. last I checked Billionaires don't coach football

And how hasn't McNair been a good owner.. please fill me in, I really want to here this B.S.
79-113, .411 is pretty much self explanatory. Would you be happier if I said that McNair is not only a Good Loser, he's a GREAT Loser in the NFL?
Old 01-19-2014   #93
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
79-113, .411 is pretty much self explanatory. Would you be happier if I said that McNair is not only a Good Loser, he's a GREAT Loser?
Would you be happier if I said you were misinformed, or called you a idiot?

Again you didn't answer my question. (If Losers were as successful as "BoB", damn, I'd love to be that kind of loser)

"BoB's" job is to hire people and then step back and give them the freedom and resources to win football games. He's done that in spades and has spared no expense in doing so. What else do you want from a owner? Let me guess.. You want Al Davis, Jimmy Jones, or maybe a owner like Bud Adams?
Old 01-19-2014   #94
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Would you be happier if I said you were misinformed, or called you a idiot?

Again you didn't answer my question. (If Losers were as successful as "BoB", damn, I'd love to be that kind of loser)

"BoB's" job is to hire people and then give them the freedom and resources to win football games. He's done that in spades and has spared no expense in doing so. What else do you want from a owner?
I think new owners are trying to catch lightning in a bottle . They come in like a keeper fantasy league and try to build a team from scratch . Bob is trying to keep the fuse lit while running a very lucrative business . He thought Kubiak was the answer but caught him on the tail end of the Shanny tree success . Maybe Bill O'Brien will be a start to the O'Brien coaching tree .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #95
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think new owners are trying to catch lightning in a bottle . They come in like a keeper fantasy league and try to build a team from scratch . Bob is trying to keep the fuse lit while running a very lucrative business . He thought Kubiak was the answer but caught him on the tail end of the Shanny tree success . Maybe Bill O'Brien will be a start to the O'Brien coaching tree .

We have the right owner in place to win a SB... I hope O'Bren is the right coach.. and then I hope we get the right QB. You need to hit on all three to win a SB.
Old 01-19-2014   #96
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
79-113, .411 is pretty much self explanatory. Would you be happier if I said that McNair is not only a Good Loser, he's a GREAT Loser in the NFL?
Putting the W/L record on the owner is idiotic.

So is failing to see improvement from 18-46 (.28) the 1st four years to 61-67 (.48) and that McNair is attempting to improve further from there.

Yet another idiotic assertion is that losing 12 games in 2002 has any bearing on the state of the team or McNair's knowledge of winning now.
Old 01-19-2014   #97
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We have the right owner in place to win a SB... I hope O'Bren is the right coach.. and then I hope we get the right QB. You need to hit on all three to win a SB.
Yep ... Jerry Jones got lucky but it was shaky for a bit . Jimmy drafted Steve Walsh in the supplemental draft cause he didn't trust Aikman at first . He had the Herschel Walker to trade to give him a shotgun blast effect at the draft and hit some some school studs along with Chad Hennings who outgrew the Air Force .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #98
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Yep ... Jerry Jones got lucky but it was shaky for a bit . Jimmy drafted Steve Walsh in the supplemental draft cause he didn't trust Aikman at first . He had the Herschel Walker to trade to give him a shotgun blast effect at the draft and hit some some school studs along with Chad Hennings who outgrew the Air Force .
AND Jimmy got the best OL coach in football and they built the best OL out of relative spare parts.
Old 01-19-2014   #99
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
"BoB's" job is to hire people and then step back and give them the freedom and resources to win football games.
Well Then......The record is crystal clear that BoB has done a terrible job in trying to hire the right people and has done an excellent job in hiring all the wrong people to run his football team.
Old 01-19-2014   #100
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Putting the W/L record on the owner is idiotic.

So is failing to see improvement from 18-46 (.28) the 1st four years to 61-67 (.48) and that McNair is attempting to improve further from there.

Yet another idiotic assertion is that losing 12 games in 2002 has any bearing on the state of the team or McNair's knowledge of winning now.
Here we go again, you enter an arena with little or no substance but only to argue because you want to argue. I would say that losing 14 games in 2013 pretty much validates losing 12 games in 2002. It validates the mindset, business plan, way of doing business, familiar pattern of behavior, 3 #1 draft picks and poor decisions that have followed Bob McNair and the Houston Texans over the last 12 years. The scoreboard doesn't lie whether you choose to believe it or not. In this case like many others you'd be better served picking porcupine quills out of your butt.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read