Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-11-2014   #21
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL.com writers on 2014 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
So I should ignore a real scout but listen to some internet writer/ intern and rob rang? Gotcha!!!
You can do whatever you want, you're a BIG boy. A real scout who was fired from 3 different scouting jobs in 6 years. That should tell you something. If a resume came across my desk that listed (3) different jobs/employers in last (6) years, it goes straight into the the trash can, do not pass go. Says they are not very good at their job or do not get along well with others or both. There are reasons they can't keep a job and they're usually not good. After reading and following Jeremiah for a couple of years I understand why he has been fired 3 time in 6 years. (This is called weeding the garden, separating the bad from the good). Jeremiah is to scouting what Emmitt Smith is to sports announcing.

Say what you will about Rob Rang but you also have to say he runs a million dollar website that is cosponsored by CBS Sports and the NFL uses his player evaluations for their own draft pages.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #22
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
You can do whatever you want, you're a BIG boy. A real scout who was fired from 3 different scouting jobs in 6 years. That should tell you something. If a resume came across my desk that listed (3) different jobs/employers in last (6) years, it goes straight into the the trash can, do not pass go. Says they are not very good at their job or do not get along well with others or both. There are reasons they can't keep a job and they're usually not good. After reading and following Jeremiah for a couple of years I understand why he has been fired 3 time in 6 years. (This is called weeding the garden, separating the bad from the good). Jeremiah is to scouting what Emmitt Smith is to sports announcing.

Say what you will about Rob Rang but you also have to say he runs a million dollar website that is cosponsored by CBS Sports and the NFL uses his player evaluations for their own draft pages.
Been fired from three nfl teams as a scout > never been a scout
Old 02-11-2014   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Four players debut, many others move in updated ratings
Daniel Jeremiah

Code:
1	Clowney, JdeveonDE	South Carolina
2	Watkins, Sammy	WR	Clemson
3	Robinson, Greg	OT	Auburn
4	Barr, Anthony	OLB	UCLA
5	Mack, Khalil	OLB	Buffalo
6	Jernigan, Timmy	DT	Florida St.
7	Manziel, Johnny	QB	Texas A&M
8	Matthews, Jake	OT	Texas A&M
9	Mosley, C.J.	OLB	Alabama
10	Bridgewater,TeddyQB	Louisville
11	Ebron, Eric	TE	North Carolina
12	Lewan, Taylor	OT	Michigan
13	Gilbert, Justin	CB	Oklahoma St.
14	Evans, Mike	WR	Texas A&M
15	Pryor, Calvin	FS	Louisville
Kevin Sumlin must suck as a coach.
Old 02-11-2014   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kinda like Tim Teebow. Fired by three nfl teams as a QB... he's still not a QB.
Old 02-11-2014   #25
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jeremiah was...
Old 02-11-2014   #26
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 41193 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
or is it? The next great scout will always have a worse resume at the start of his run than the last great scout at the end of his run.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #27
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jeremiah was...
Rob Rang never was
Old 02-11-2014   #28
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Kevin Sumlin must suck as a coach.
lol what?

FWIW I think Sumlin is a great coach, but IIRC all those players were Mike Sherman recruits - Manziel, Evans, and Matthews.

Sumlin's true test comes with what he can do with Kenny Hill, Ricky Seals Jones, Speedy Noil, Myles Garrett and Jermaine Eluemenor et al. his own recruits.
Old 02-11-2014   #29
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jeremiah was...
a bullfrog?
a good friend of mine?
Old 02-11-2014   #30
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
a bullfrog?
a good friend of mine?
ooh, I know ... a mountain man.
Old 02-12-2014   #31
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Rob Rang never was
and yet he was never fired from 3 jobs in 6 years and has a better eye for talent and is a talent evaluator than Jeremiah will ever be.

Contrary to what you might believe, like bad HC who get fired there are also bad scouts like Jeremiah who also get fired. Remember garbage in equal garbage out. My best advice to any draftnik, follow Mike Mayock.

Last edited by Texian; 02-12-2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old 02-12-2014   #32
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
and yet he was never fired from 3 jobs in 6 years and has a better eye for talent and is a talent evaluator than Jeremiah will ever be.

Contrary to what you might believe, like bad HC who get fired there are also bad scouts like Jeremiah who also get fired. Remember garbage in equal garbage out. My best advice to any draftnik, follow Mike Mayock.
Jeremiah hired 3 times by nfl teams, rob rang hired by zero nfl teams. You actually have to get hired to get fired. So Rand has never even been good enough to get fired once.
Old 02-12-2014   #33
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

When I took over my current job in the Natural Gas game I had no previous experience in GIS, but I studied up on it and played around with it on my own.

I took over for a guy that was fired with 4 years experience from 2 different companies. Needless to say, I'm still here and thriving. Just because he did it poorly didn't mean he was better than me.

I hear where yall are coming from though and this is another topic that is hard to argue and convince others of as long as we have no real news to go over.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014   #34
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
When I took over my current job in the Natural Gas game I had no previous experience in GIS, but I studied up on it and played around with it on my own.

I took over for a guy that was fired with 4 years experience from 2 different companies. Needless to say, I'm still here and thriving. Just because he did it poorly didn't mean he was better than me.

I hear where yall are coming from though and this is another topic that is hard to argue and convince others of as long as we have no real news to go over.
Only 9 more days till the combine thank gawd!
Old 02-12-2014   #35
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Only 9 more days till the combine thank gawd!
Amen!!!!!!

Then we will have more informed opinions on athletic abilities as well as their game tape. Provided the main guys participate.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014   #36
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Jeremiah hired 3 times by nfl teams, rob rang hired by zero nfl teams. You actually have to get hired to get fired. So Rand has never even been good enough to get fired once.
With that mind set and rationale you probably think Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi are excellent NFL GMs. Carry on BIG boy...being average and mediocrity await you...I hope you make it. Carry On!
Old 02-12-2014   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
lol what?

FWIW I think Sumlin is a great coach, but IIRC all those players were Mike Sherman recruits - Manziel, Evans, and Matthews.
Doesn't matter who recruited them. If they are truly three of the top 15 to come out this year, he should have been in the conversation for National Championship.

Granted they did set offensive records in the SEC...
Old 02-12-2014   #38
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Johnny Manziel the next Tony Romo? Matching prospects, pros
Quote:
When it comes to projecting how today's top prospects will perform at the next level, it can be helpful to consider which pro players they resemble. As yet another crop of rising stars prepares for the NFL Scouting Combine, I thought I'd match five key prospects up with the NFL veterans whose careers might best illustrate their potential.

Note: The measurables of the NFL players listed below (height, weight and speed) were pulled either from NFL Scouting Combine data or their pro days results. The measurables of the current draft prospects are estimates from scouting sources.

Johnny Manziel
Tale of the tape: Quarterback, Texas A&M, 6-foot-1, 210 pounds, 4.55-second 40-yard dash.

Pro comparison: ...

Khalil Mack
Tale of the tape: Linebacker, Buffalo, 6-2 5/8, 245, 4.65 40.

Mike Evans
Tale of the tape: Wide receiver, Texas A&M, 6-5, 225, 4.55 40.

Jarvis Landry
Tale of the tape: Wide receiver, LSU, 6-1, 195, 4.68 40.

Jadeveon Clowney
Tale of the tape: Defensive end, South Carolina, 6-6, 274, 4.5 40.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014   #39
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
With that mind set and rationale you probably think Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi are excellent NFL GMs. Carry on BIG boy...being average and mediocrity await you...I hope you make it. Carry On!
Nope they defiantly suck but still better at what they do than some guy who runs a website and pretends to do what they do.
Old 02-17-2014   #40
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Nawrocki did these writeups, not sure who was involved in the grades...

NFL Draft Propects ranked by Draft Grade

Code:
Clowney, JdeveonDE	6'5"	270	South Carolina		7.5	
Watkins, Sammy	WR	6'0"	205	Clemson			7.0	
Robinson, Greg	OT	6'5"	325	Auburn			6.7	
Matthews, Jake	OT	6'5"	310	Texas A&M		6.7	
Mack, Khalil	OLB	6'3"	245	Buffalo			6.7	
Barr, Anthony	OLB	6'5"	244	UCLA			6.6	
Mosley, C.J.	ILB	6'2"	228	Alabama			6.5	
Benjamin, KelvinWR	6'4"	230	Florida St.		6.4	
Ebron, Eric	TE	6'3"	245	North Carolina		6.4	
Bortles, Blake	QB	6'4"	230	Central Florida		6.4	
Gilbert, Justin	CB	6'0"	195	Oklahoma St.		6.3	
Bridgwater,TeddyQB	6'3"	205	Louisville		6.3	
Tuitt, Stephon	DE	6'5"	315	Notre Dame		6.2	
Lee, Marqise	WR	5'11"	195	USC			6.2	
Hyde, Carlos	RB	6'0"	238	Ohio St.		6.2	
Lewan, Taylor	OT	6'7"	310	Michigan		6.1	
Pryor, Calvin	FS	6'1"	210	Louisville		6.1	
Evans, Mike	WR	6'4"	225	Texas A&M		6.1	
Shazier, Ryan	OLB	6'1"	230	Ohio St.		6.1	
ClintonDix, HaHaFS	6'0"	210	Alabama		        6.1	
Hageman, RShede	DT	6'6"	311	Minnesota		6.1	
Lawrence, DmarcsDE	6'3"	245	Boise St.		6.1	
Roby, Bradley	CB	5'10"	190	Ohio St.		6.0	
Martin, Zack	OT	6'4"	308	Notre Dame		5.9	
Adams, Davante	WR	6'1"	215	Fresno St.		5.9
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read