Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-07-2014   #161
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O達rien Explains What Type Of Quarterback He Wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Sounds like Aj McCarron to me. Everything you can say about Bridgewater you can say about McCarron, except McCarron has the size, played for a "big time" program, against "big time" competition.

But... I don't want to sound like I'm forcing him down anyone's throat.
AJ McCarron cannot consistently deliver the ball accurately on intermediate routes.
Old 02-07-2014   #162
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing says a Bill O'Brien QB like 6'4" 230 lb BLAKE BORTLES as 6'4" 220 lb CHRISTIAN HACKENBERG!
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014   #163
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
...But... I don't want to sound like I'm forcing him down anyone's throat.
Too late for that.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014   #164
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
AJ McCarron cannot consistently deliver the ball accurately on intermediate routes.
Wrong

Can he do it under pressure should be the question. Nobody knows the answer to this question at this point.

It bothers me that McCarron backed out of the North/South game.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014   #165
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Too late for that.
LOL
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #166
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

After listening to this ESPN piece hosted by Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless, I came away feeling like I just left an Evangelical revival...............looking to cleanse myself from my wayward critical misguided "No, thank you!" feelings toward Manziel as the Texans' #1 pick.........QUICK, someone, PLEASE throw me a bar of soap.........PLEASE!

Manziel A Good Fit in Houston?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #167
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
After listening to this ESPN piece hosted by Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless, I came away feeling like I just left an Evangelical revival...............looking to cleanse myself from my wayward critical misguided "No, thank you!" feelings toward Manziel as the Texans' #1 pick.........QUICK, someone, PLEASE throw me a bar of soap.........PLEASE!

Actually, I pretty much agree with him. I'm old enough that Bobby Layne was one of my football heroes (along with Johnny U). He would show up still hung over from partying the night before the game. It was said, he never lost a game - time just ran out.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2014   #168
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249737 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After listening to this ESPN piece hosted by Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless......
You know better than to go into places like that, Doc.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #169
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 175288 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Perhaps she can help...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014   #170
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Everything about that clip is bothersome. The overall argument, the supporting arguments, the histrionic delivery by Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless, the red herring Manziel critics, the stupid racism hypothetical, and finally ending with Bayless pondering if O'Brien gets fired before he ever coaches a game. Notice they didn't mention scouting reports or criticisms that are actually relevant.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014   #171
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Lance Zerlein sits down with Greg Cosell (senior producer at NFL Films), for whom I have greater respect for than any "evaluator" out there. THIS IS A MUST-HEAR INTERVIEW where he talks about the QBs in this draft / Clowney / and his thought on the Texans #1 pick.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed.......this was posted by Playoffs in the Draft Forum! Might want to keep it here, for those that don't travel into that forum.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 02-14-2014 at 08:39 AM. Reason: ALREADY POSTED THREAD
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014   #172
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lance Zerlein sits down with Greg Cosell (senior producer at NFL Films), for whom I have greater respect for than any "evaluator" out there. THIS IS A MUST-HEAR INTERVIEW where he talks about the QBs in this draft / Clowney / and his thought on the Texans #1 pick.
Good interview, and I have to agree with the observations made about the QB's. Bridgewater has demonstrated more than the others that he can anticipate windows, which is mandatory.

They also summed up why I wouldn't be disappointed one bit if Clowney was the choice.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014   #173
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Good interview, and I have to agree with the observations made about the QB's. Bridgewater has demonstrated more than the others that he can anticipate windows, which is mandatory.

They also summed up why I wouldn't be disappointed one bit if Clowney was the choice.
Dagnabbit, ditto. I was so much NO CLOWN for so long, that's change. Not just this interview, mind you. We HAVE TO TAKE THE BEST PLAYER, REGARDLESS!

I just hope we don't wind up with McCarron in the 8th round.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014   #174
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I just hope we don't wind up with McCarron in the 8th round.
Old 02-15-2014   #175
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

u think we will draft two QB's in the draft ...????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014   #176
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Everything about that clip is bothersome. The overall argument, the supporting arguments, the histrionic delivery by Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless, the red herring Manziel critics, the stupid racism hypothetical, and finally ending with Bayless pondering if O'Brien gets fired before he ever coaches a game. Notice they didn't mention scouting reports or criticisms that are actually relevant.
One can get more info on this forum than you can on ESPN. Almost of those guys are clueless.
Old 02-16-2014   #177
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78642 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014   #178
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

There is a Manziel thread in the draft forum where this is being discussed. Let's keep the discussion on the quote over there. Thx.
Old 02-16-2014   #179
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78642 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
There is a Manziel thread in the draft forum where this is being discussed. Let's keep the discussion on the quote over there. Thx.
I just like Doritos and wondered if BOB does as well
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #180
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 175288 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sneak peak into the Bill O'Brien QB selection process....

Obviously, accuracy and quick release are highly valued in this system
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read