Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-08-2014   #141
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: Ideal Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
...Somewhere along the 4/5th rd I hope they pick a nickel CB. McCain gives me heartburn.
Only heartburn? It's more like a Brain Aneurysm for me when I watch him play. You can almost see opposing QB's start licking their lips when McCain comes on the field.

In regards to all this trading down talk, I think that is unlikely. McNair wants to win now, and deluded or not, that is his expectation, and I am sure that was communicated to O'Brien before he was hired.

My guess is, O'Brien will either select Clowney and try to make a deal for Mallet, or possibly trade down to select Bortles, and still go after Mallet as a bridge between he and Bortles. Mallet, and Bortles both possess all of the physical attributes O'Brien covets, and Mallet knows the offense making his job so much easier, allowing Bortles to sit behind Mallet and learn.

Bridgewater is the most Pro ready QB in the draft IMO and could start opening day should he be selected, but I question his durability, especially if the O-Line continues to struggle.

I have watched Manziel, and not only durability issues come up in my mind, but also his pension for throwing the ball up for grabs a lot. I think the frenzy to select Manziel 1st overall, is the same thing we saw with Keenum. Not that Manziel is not talented and dynamic, because he clearly is, but people want him more because he is from Texas more than anything else.

Whomever they choose, or whatever path the Texans take, I will get behind them and cheer them on win, lose, or draw.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014   #142
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideal Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
My ideal scenario is at hand. Next football season I'll be retired and watching at my leisure. No more b!tching about late night games (like we'll have any) because they won't matter.

152 days and counting beyoutches.

Now it's 135 days and counting.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read