Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2014   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default John Simon

What did you guys think of him Thursday.... after two days on the team?

How many snaps did he get?
Old 10-11-2014   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: John Simon

Yes , he played quite a few snaps , 1 tackle 1 assist. Got pressure on Luck a couple times. (#51)

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014   #3
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I liked what i saw, he made his presence felt
Old 10-11-2014   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He got 26 snaps, 30% of the defensive plays. Brooks Reed was hurt, I think, and got the other 70%.

For a guy who'd only been here a couple of days, I thought he did a really good job. I think he's going to be a good one for us.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
He got 26 snaps, 30% of the defensive plays. Brooks Reed was hurt, I think, and got the other 70%.

For a guy who'd only been here a couple of days, I thought he did a really good job. I think he's going to be a good one for us.
Looked like Reed popped something in the groin area..... the way he limped off the field, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about it since.
Old 10-11-2014   #6
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

He got a sack, was the only one who sacked Luck besides JJ.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 376621 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
26 snaps, 30% of DEF snaps.

1 QB sack, 2 QB hurries, 1 tackle, 1 missed tackle, 2 defensive stops.

Got some skills. Looks pretty much as expected -- muscled up, not fast, good discipline.

Here's his spin move sack...

Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2014   #8
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
26 snaps, 30% of DEF snaps.

1 QB sack, 2 QB hurries, 1 tackle, 1 missed tackle, 2 defensive stops.

Got some skills. Looks pretty much as expected -- muscled up, not fast, good discipline.

Here's his spin move sack...

I like it how JJ just pushed Richardson down on that play, no chance haha
Old 10-11-2014   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72233 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on the one game, looks like a good pick-up. Who made the call on his acquisition? I suspect Vrabel had a lot of input.
Old 10-11-2014   #10
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Based on the one game, looks like a good pick-up. Who made the call on his acquisition? I suspect Vrabel had a lot of input.
Meyer’s adoration for Simon has been well documented.
He famously said in a postgame press conference last year that if he had another son he’d want to name him after Simon. He also called Simon “Tebowish,” referencing the former Heisman Trophy winner that helped Meyer win two national championships as the coach of Florida. Meyer has two jerseys hanging up in his office – Tebow’s and Simon’s.
“His effort is unrivaled, it’s unmatched,” Vrabel said. “It will be second to no one out on the field on every snap. John understands that by playing hard with a lot of intensity, that a lot of those things get taken care of.”
“I think he’s got the ability to continue to learn SAM linebacker,” Vrabel said. “I think he’s going to be able to dominate tight ends just with his strength. And I think he can certainly rush and he proved that he can be a good pass rusher for us, and someone that continues to work on technique.”

Vrabel, a 14-year NFL pro who was drafted by the Steelers and spent four years in Pittsburgh, knows the kind of football played in the AFC North.

And he sees Simon as a perfect fit.

“John plays with a type of toughness, and an edge, and a work ethic and a preparation that is tailor made for that division,” Vrabel said. “He’s going to be a pleasant surprise. And I know they think they got a great bargain in the fourth round. You look at teams like the Steelers and the Ravens, those are the types of teams that really target players like John Simon.”
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...3-f94b4fcc1786
I'm starting to get real excited about this guy, who would seem to be comparable to Brooks Reed in several ways. But he was the Big 10s Defensive Player of the Year in his last year at OSU in 2012 and a 2-time team captain.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014   #11
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Simon looked good.

Probably more of a testament to our LB corp though.

Cushing is our second best LB behind Mike Vrabel and Cush is playing on one leg.
Old 10-11-2014   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I know it got Whitney's intimate apparrel knotted up when he was getting pulled and Simon was being put in .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014   #13
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I know it got Whitney's intimate apparrel knotted up when he was getting pulled and Simon was being put in .
Eh, doubt it. Mercilus had 72 snaps. Simon mainly came in for Reed who got hurt or gave guys a breather. Other than Watt, Mercilus probably had the best on the defensive side of the ball against the Colts. Most QB hurries in the game, along with five tackles and a hit on the QB.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Eh, doubt it. Mercilus had 72 snaps. Simon mainly came in for Reed who got hurt or gave guys a breather. Other than Watt, Mercilus probably had the best on the defensive side of the ball against the Colts. Most QB hurries in the game, along with five tackles and a hit on the QB.
I saw it so take it for what it's worth , he yanked his helmet off . When you're a pass rusher and they pull you on 3rd and 8 , what's that tell you .

Round Dan
Old 10-11-2014   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I saw it so take it for what it's worth , he yanked his helmet off . When you're a pass rusher and they pull you on 3rd and 8 , what's that tell you .
that Crennel might have the OLB spot in coverage on that down/distance and the ILBs will be doing the blitzing
oh and you suck in coverage.

just a guess mind you
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014   #16
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Do worry, he'll revert.
Players come here from real football programs and play well for a game or two. Then they revert to Texans ways.
Simon will eventually become another double dip.
Old 10-11-2014   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 118212 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Do worry, he'll revert.
Players come here from real football programs and play well for a game or two. Then they revert to Texans ways.
Simon will eventually become another double dip.
Based on previous coaching staffs? What have you seen from Vrabel/RAC that makes you think they'll allow that?
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
that Crennel might have the OLB spot in coverage on that down/distance and the ILBs will be doing the blitzing
oh and you suck in coverage.

just a guess mind you
To me , I took as they are looking for help on the pass rush . Then Brooks pulled a groin .

Round Dan
Old 10-12-2014   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I like it how JJ just pushed Richardson down on that play, no chance haha
That's funny. I'm going to have to go back and watch that again.
Old 10-13-2014   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Imagine that Simon turns out to be an upgrade over Brooks Reed & we get Clowney back to replace Mercilus......

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read