Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you s still believe Case Keenum can be a SUCCESSFUL NFL QB?
Yes 36 26.47%
No 65 47.79%
Not Sure 35 25.74%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014   #101
Lord Bills
Destruction
 
Lord Bills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 458
Rep Power: 1022 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Oh my gawd!!! What is your problem?! We are talking about a third string QB who didn't win a dam game and you go on a rampage giving negative rep and putting a comment to make sure I come back and see your reply?!. Dude get over yourself, the Texans are not going to build around Keenum to give him the perfect offense he needs to "succeed" and be "given a chance". And yeah I was a fan of Schaub, because he was part of the team, what am I supposed to do watch a Texans game and be in a pissed off mood the whole time because Schaub is at QB and not someone else??!!. The only difference between me and you is that I put away my #8 jersey and I'm ready for a change, you are still clinging to Keenum.
thanks for admitting who you are.

what are yo suppose to do? cheer on the texans but not defend to the death a player who is obviously stinking it up despite having loaded rosters.

That makes you a homer and a delusional fan = bad fan.

To use that same critique of schaub on keenum is truly downright dirty and dishonest. And nowhere in my support for keenum did you see me say we should build around keenum or any of the nonsense you spouted daily on the texans main message board defending schaub as if you got paid by him to defend his honor online.

I want the texans to draft a QB because im not delusional enough to think keenum is the answer but at least im honest enough to look at the entire picture and see that he came into a bad situation with injured players on both sides of the ball and a bad head coach along with bad oline play.

Do I believe keenum can be successful in the nfl?

yes.

Am I 100% sure?

No.

I want Obrien to see what he can do with keenum. I want them to draft a qb with the first pick. Let them battle it out in the offseason, training camp etc.. and whoever wins, wins. I didnt go to UofH. I dont have a vested interest in keenum. I just want to make sure the kid gets a proper chance to prove himself. Him jumping yates and being thrust into the strating lineup in a lost sorry season where the texans ended up as the worst team in the nfl is not a proper chance.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #102
speedfreek
All Pro
 
speedfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 917
Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Keenum can be a successful QB in the NFL if he lands on
a team that runs a more modern "spread them out" type of
offense.

He's never going to be a pure 2 tights, 2 wides, pocket passer.
He's not cut out for that.

He's a better fit for the type of systems that NO, GB and NE run
than he is for a traditional West Coast (which I think is now
arcane and obsolete)

I would not be surprised to see Case end up serving as a
backup for Seattle either..

Either way, anyone that thinks he can't pick up a blitz is a
complete imbecille.

The guy ran a college offense that required reads (pre and post snap)
and he was blitzed by every single team that he played against.
(sometimes for entire games!)

You do not accumulate the kind of numbers he did without being
able to read a defense and beat the blitz.

He was just a bad fit for the offense this team ran last year..
But, then again, so were Schaub and Yates...

West Coast the way Gary and Shanny ran it is a relic. And that
is why both of them are currently unemployed..
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #103
infantrycak
Lead Moderator
 
infantrycak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 46
Posts: 44,473
Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
West Coast the way Gary and Shanny ran it is a relic. And that is why both of them are currently unemployed..
And the NFL agrees with you which is why Kubiak and little Shanny both have interviews.
__________________
The Art of War
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #104
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber
 
sometexansfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 270
Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Keenum can be a successful QB in the NFL if he lands on
a team that runs a more modern "spread them out" type of
offense.

He's never going to be a pure 2 tights, 2 wides, pocket passer.
He's not cut out for that.

He's a better fit for the type of systems that NO, GB and NE run
than he is for a traditional West Coast (which I think is now
arcane and obsolete)

I would not be surprised to see Case end up serving as a
backup for Seattle either..

Either way, anyone that thinks he can't pick up a blitz is a
complete imbecille.

The guy ran a college offense that required reads (pre and post snap)
and he was blitzed by every single team that he played against.
(sometimes for entire games!)

You do not accumulate the kind of numbers he did without being
able to read a defense and beat the blitz.

He was just a bad fit for the offense this team ran last year..
But, then again, so were Schaub and Yates...

West Coast the way Gary and Shanny ran it is a relic. And that
is why both of them are currently unemployed..
1. Case isn't a fit in the WCO, but Seattle who runs a WCO should sign him?

2. If he'd be better off in a NE like offense, wouldn't hiring B'OB be a good thing for the texans?

3. That's great that he beat all those blitzes in college, didn't see much evidence of his ability to do it in the NFL though.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #105
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 33,324
Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometexansfan View Post

2. If he'd be better off in a NE like offense, wouldn't hiring B'OB be a good thing for the texans?
I'm betting McNair learned his lesson from the Carr extension. He didn't demand that O'Brien make Keenum work, just to give him an opportunity to compete.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #106
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber
 
sometexansfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 270
Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm betting McNair learned his lesson from the Carr extension. He didn't demand that O'Brien make Keenum work, just to give him an opportunity to compete.
I only asked because he seems to be upset by the O'Brien hiring and he's a big Keenum supporter.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #107
Yaky
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 61
Rep Power: 1001 Yaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respectedYaky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometexansfan View Post

3. That's great that he beat all those blitzes in college, didn't see much evidence of his ability to do it in the NFL though.
You believe a QB can beat the blitz all by himself? Where were the hot routes when everyone knew the blitz was coming?
Yaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2014   #108
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber
 
sometexansfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 270
Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaky View Post
You believe a QB can beat the blitz all by himself? Where were the hot routes when everyone knew the blitz was coming?
I don't know what the Texans plays are, so I couldn't tell you. All I know is I saw a guy who would constantly run backwards and take 20 yard sacks.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #109
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 33,324
Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometexansfan View Post
I don't know what the Texans plays are, so I couldn't tell you. All I know is I saw a guy who would constantly run backwards and take 20 yard sacks.
He set a record


& it didn't take him 8 years to do it, like Schaub.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #110
revan
Veteran
 
revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 342
Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
thanks for admitting who you are.

what are yo suppose to do? cheer on the texans but not defend to the death a player who is obviously stinking it up despite having loaded rosters.

That makes you a homer and a delusional fan = bad fan.

To use that same critique of schaub on keenum is truly downright dirty and dishonest. And nowhere in my support for keenum did you see me say we should build around keenum or any of the nonsense you spouted daily on the texans main message board defending schaub as if you got paid by him to defend his honor online.

I want the texans to draft a QB because im not delusional enough to think keenum is the answer but at least im honest enough to look at the entire picture and see that he came into a bad situation with injured players on both sides of the ball and a bad head coach along with bad oline play.

Do I believe keenum can be successful in the nfl?

yes.

Am I 100% sure?

No.

I want Obrien to see what he can do with keenum. I want them to draft a qb with the first pick. Let them battle it out in the offseason, training camp etc.. and whoever wins, wins. I didnt go to UofH. I dont have a vested interest in keenum. I just want to make sure the kid gets a proper chance to prove himself. Him jumping yates and being thrust into the strating lineup in a lost sorry season where the texans ended up as the worst team in the nfl is not a proper chance.
That's twice now you mention my activity on the other board. Thanks for trolling me. I like this board better so I'll be here more, seems like you got some stuff to say to me about my old posts on Schaub so go ahead let's beat an old dead horse if you want. Plain and simple we don't agree on Keenum.......anymore. Let it be and stop taking comments about other people so personal.
__________________
revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #111
burro
almost sentient
 
burro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Keller
Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Posts: 1,152
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm unsure but I think it's unlikely and more important than that I think that the window for learning whether he could ever be that guy is closed. Did he get a fair shot? Probably not but in the NFL almost no one ever gets to walk into a perfectly optimal situation. Everyone else makes do with the chance they've been given.

Nobody has time to wait for Case to develop some more. If he isn't just outright released and makes it into OTA's he'd better impress the hell out of BOB. If he does that then he'd better learn that offense inside and out before again impressing him in camp and preseason. Even then it will all more than likely be for nothing because BOB's going to bring in a starter either through the draft or free agency (and maybe both).

There should be a fourth option in the poll. "It doesn't really matter anymore".
Will you feel the same way about our #1 overall QB if he struggles in 2014 with what ought to be an infinitely better situation than what Keenum was working with in 2013? Or do expensive hype machines get more time to develop?
__________________
"Last year we knocked on the door. This year we beat on it. Next year we're going to kick the son of a ***** in!" - Bum Phillips, RIP 1923-2013
burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #112
PapaL
Loose Screw
 
PapaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Maryland
Age: 34
Posts: 11,145
Rep Power: 103457 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Will you feel the same way about our #1 overall QB if he struggles in 2014 with what ought to be an infinitely better situation than what Keenum was working with in 2013? Or do expensive hype machines get more time to develop?
Will the "expensive hype machine" get a year on a playoff team to sit and learn the system before being asked half way through the next year to produce?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #113
imatexan
Hall of Fame
 
imatexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,748
Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Come on people he has already proven the answer is NO.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #114
Number19
All Pro
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 65
Posts: 699
Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Come on people he has already proven the answer is NO.
Has he proven it to O'Brian, or do you think O'Brian should just read the forums and make his coaching decisions from the posts?
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #115
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man
 
Thorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston
Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Age: 63
Posts: 21,274
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Has he proven it to O'Brian, or do you think O'Brian should just read the forums and make his coaching decisions from the posts?
O'Brien, not O'Brian. LOL. I did the same at first.

Yeah, O'Brien will make up his own mind. Maybe Case makes it, maybe he doesn't. I just want to see a Houston team in the super bowl before I die.
__________________


"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #116
DBCooper 
Outlaw
 
DBCooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Winter Park, FL
Age: 45
Posts: 3,367
Rep Power: 89950 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
O'Brien, not O'Brian. LOL. I did the same at first.

Yeah, O'Brien will make up his own mind. Maybe Case makes it, maybe he doesn't. I just want to see a Houston team in the super bowl before I die.
Damn, they better hurry!
__________________
What's that at the bottom of the barrel? Just the inbred children of Uranus!
DBCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #117
Number19
All Pro
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 65
Posts: 699
Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
O'Brien, not O'Brian. LOL. I did the same at first.

Yeah, O'Brien will make up his own mind. Maybe Case makes it, maybe he doesn't. I just want to see a Houston team in the super bowl before I die.
Dang, I think I've been spelling it wrong for weeks. It's going to take a conscience thought to get it right.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #118
Hervoyel
The Right Track
 
Hervoyel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 48
Posts: 14,483
Rep Power: 211769 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Will you feel the same way about our #1 overall QB if he struggles in 2014 with what ought to be an infinitely better situation than what Keenum was working with in 2013? Or do expensive hype machines get more time to develop?
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Will the "expensive hype machine" get a year on a playoff team to sit and learn the system before being asked half way through the next year to produce?
I like Case. I wanted him to succeed. He did not. In fact he got worse as the year went on. If it was up to me I'd keep him around to see if he improves but it isn't. It's up to BOB and BOB is going to probably do what most incoming HC's would do in his situation. He's going to draft a highly touted prospect and try to win with him.

As much as I like Case I can't fault BOB for what he's most likely going to do. Case got a better audition than most UDFA QB's could ever imagine. Now we move on.
__________________
A wise man once said "...well at this point it's all been hashed out and you either see it or don't. Hoping for a win next week" - HTown2ATX
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #119
Oz Texan
Rookie
 
Oz Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 71
Rep Power: 125 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Peyton Manning went 3-13 in his first season starting should the Colts have bailed on him?\

Let's face reality here. Case was not placed in and "ideal" or even realistic situation to succeed. The O'line was crap the coaching staff called crap plays while he was in there. And before you say conspiricy theory, You don't call 5-7 step drops, long developing plays, and you don't stop using any hotreads when you know the team is blitzing constantly. Which is exactly what happened to Case this season.

Now am I saying he will be the next Joe Montana or Tom Brady NO, I'm not even saying he will be the next Trent Dilfer or Frank Reich. What I am saying is that he was not given a realistic chance to succeed. Take it as you will.

Last edited by Oz Texan; 01-11-2014 at 11:00 PM. Reason: got ahead of myself
Oz Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #120
Corrosion
Hall of Fame
 
Corrosion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Northwest Houston
Age: 45
Posts: 31,044
Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Texan View Post
Peyton Manning went 3-13 in his first season starting should the Colts have bailed on him?\

Let's face reality here. Case was not placed in and "ideal" or even realistic situation to succeed. The O'line was crap the coaching staff called crap plays while he was in there. And before you say conspiricy theory, You don't call 5-7 step drops, long developing plays, and you don't stop using any hotreads when you know the team is blitzing constantly. Which is exactly what happened to Case this season.

Now am I saying he will be the next Joe Montana or Tom Brady NO, I'm not even saying he will be the next Trent Dilfer or Frank Reich. What I am saying is that he was not given a realistic chance to succeed. Take it as you will.
It is the QB's responsibility to make those adjustments at the line. Keenum could not recognize those situations.


Before you go off on a tangent about no audibles - those adjustments are built in - He had the ability to make those adjustments and just didn't do it.
Take a look at the same late season crap offense with Schaub under center , for the most part he recognized those situations and got into the proper protection schemes with the proper hot routes. Keenum Did Not.
__________________



Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger