Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-05-2014   #21
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Htownfan32's Bill O'Brien Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This what? I don't care what Matthews does at the combine. His play is not that of an elite LT. Clowney is not going to disprove either the motivation or injury issues at the combine.
I'm not argueing with you . I meant that folks have their minds made before the process starts . I think Greg Robinson is going to pass the others up as a LT . I think Teddy will hold serve as a premier prospect .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #22
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I'm not argueing with you . I meant that folks have their minds made before the process starts . I think Greg Robinson is going to pass the others up as a LT . I think Teddy will hold serve as a premier prospect .
You are probably going to be correct. However 2 things could happen to change that.

1. Bortles/JM lights up the combine and interview well. (Possible but unlikely)
2. Clowney has an out of this world combine and more importantly interviews as well as he tests. (Highly unlikely)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is my favorite forum.

I disagree with everybody on TB. I think he will be the next Andy Dalton. (After today Uggggh) However I thank all of you for stating the reasons you disagree with me in an adult manner. I wish I could rep you all.
Old 01-05-2014   #24
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
You are probably going to be correct. However 2 things could happen to change that.

1. Bortles/JM lights up the combine and interview well. (Possible but unlikely)
2. Clowney has an out of this world combine and more importantly interviews as well as he tests. (Highly unlikely)
I think someone will get giddy over Clowney which is good for the Texans . As far as QB goes , it's a two horse race in the 1st round . I think there's good vakue that will be there in the 2nd .

Robinson gets his audition tomorrow night . I find it interesting that BOB wants the Iowa OL coach and a mauler like Robinson fits that .

Round Dan
Old 01-05-2014   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think someone will get giddy over Clowney which is good for the Texans . As far as QB goes , it's a two horse race in the 1st round . I think there's good vakue that will be there in the 2nd .

Robinson gets his audition tomorrow night . I find it interesting that BOB wants the Iowa OL coach and a mauler like Robinson fits that .
I really like Robinson, he and Erving have the most potential of any OT's in this class. I dont see any way he ends up as a Texan.
Old 01-05-2014   #26
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really like Robinson, he and Erving have the most potential of any OT's in this class. I dont see any way he ends up as a Texan.
Because you figure he'll be gone in the first?

If so, ditto.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #27
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
If the Texans think his ceiling is si high he's worth the #1 overall .

Round Dan
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2014   #28
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Because you figure he'll be gone in the first?

If so, ditto.
Top 10

Probably top 5, he's that good. If you get a chance watch him against a really good Fla St. DL. The guys a stud.

Cant wait to see how Erving fares against a good group of Auburn pass rushers.
Old 01-05-2014   #29
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Top 10

Probably top 5, he's that good. If you get a chance watch him against a really good Fla St. DL. The guys a stud.

I think Erving and Robinson both have more potential than Matthews. They're just more raw at this point.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #30
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Top 10

The Auburn guy Ford can get after it and Erving will be tested .

Round Dan
Old 01-05-2014   #31
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I think Erving and Robinson both have more potential than Matthews. They're just more raw at this point.
Agreed,

I see Matthews as a 10 yr all pro OG/C.
Old 01-05-2014   #32
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
The question would be then , how long until they pass him up in pass pro . I think Robinson is much better as a run blocker .

Mizzou has two NFL bound DE/OLB and Robinson was plowing them .

Round Dan
Old 01-05-2014   #33
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I disagree with everybody on TB. I think he will be the next Andy Dalton. (After today Uggggh) However I thank all of you for stating the reasons you disagree with me in an adult manner. I wish I could rep you all.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #34
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The ironic thing is you seem to be clamoring for the two guys who remind me the most of Dalton: Mettenberger & Mccarron. Both are likely 2nd rounders who have been game managers for two elite SEC teams. I don't see either of them as more than game managers in the NFL.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #35
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
If O'Brien has anything at all to say about who we draft, and we take Bridgewater, I will have to re-think my position that he is a very good choice to lead us into the future. If he is as good as I think, we will trade out of the first pick, or at worst take Matthews or Clowney because his scouting convinces him we cant pass one of them up. TB is not a #1 overall pick quality player, and just because we need a QB we don't waste that pick on him, or any other QB in this years draft.
So if his scouting tells him that Matthews or Clowney is worth the #1 pick then take them. If his scouting tells him that Bridgewater is worth the #1 pick then he's not the right choice to lead the franchise. Got it........

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #36
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
The ironic thing is you seem to be clamoring for the two guys who remind me the most of Dalton: Mettenberger & Mccarron. Both are likely 2nd rounders who have been game managers for two elite SEC teams. I don't see either of them as more than game managers in the NFL.
My 2 guys are Mettenberger and Brett Smith. To be clear I really dont like any of the QB's in this draft.

They have better arms than a game manager like Schaub/Dalton etc.... ever will have. I might be stained by the Schaub yrs.

I just use McCarron as a later rd comparison to TB because I think they have about the same abilities and you are considering TB at 1-1, when you could get McCarron at 3-1.
Old 01-05-2014   #37
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My 2 guys are Mettenberger and Brett Smith. To be clear I really dont like any of the QB's in this draft.

They have better arms than a game manager like Schaub/Dalton etc.... ever will have. I might be stained by the Schaub yrs.

I just use McCarron as a later rd comparison to TB because I think they have about the same abilities and you are considering TB at 1-1, when you could get McCarron at 3-1.
I also like Mettenberger and Brett Smith better than most. But the bolded is just wrong. Their skill sets aren't even close to similar.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think the squeaky clean thing is over-played. The Texans have taken players with backgrounds. Jerome Mathis and Travis Johnson both had fighting incidents. Okoye supposedly tested positive for pot. Cushing was rumored for years to be on roids.
If we draft another such person in this draft, it will all be because of the "new direction" instituted by Bill O'Brien, & McNair, Cal, & Rick Smith will continue to be Moe, Larry, & Curly..... not capable of running an NFL Franchise.
Old 01-05-2014   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
If O'Brien has anything at all to say about who we draft...
We will never know.
Old 01-05-2014   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I like talented game managers. Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, Troy Aikman, etc... Guys with the talent to take them beyond game manager, Andrew Luck for instance.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read