Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-16-2014   #1
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2013-14 Season ending, what are you doing this offseason?

With two games left, what are you guys doing to keep occupied sports related?. Moved on to Basketball already? Getting ready for the draft?. For some reason, for me I dont really care about the last remaining games in the NFL. I dont know if its the horrible season we had or Im still in a bit of shock but I just want the superbowl to get here and we can move on. The draft for me is whats keeping me excited Texans wise other than that, just another numb Texan fan who cant believe we have the first overall pick this year.
Old 01-16-2014   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013-14 Season ending, what are you doing this offseason?

I'm not a sports fan. LOL. I'm just a Texans fan. If Houston didn't have an NFL team, I wouldn't even be watching any sports at all.

So, I'll just hang out here and participate in rumor mongering, slander, and the other assorted crap that always happens here in the off season. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

This year a great year for international competition. In hockey the Winter Olympics start next month and in soccer the World Cup is this summer.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #4
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully start doing something productive like cleaning my yard more often.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

NHL, golf, NASCAR, and baseball. I would watch more basketball but the Rockets are rarely shown in these parts. Golf, I'll be playing for than watching, but I will do both. And as Hook 'em said, this year's Olympic hockey will be extra gravy.
Old 01-16-2014   #6
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Staying away from the Manzielinites
Old 01-16-2014   #7
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

The Rockets.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2014   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Olympics! Dance competitions (yep, dance is a sport!) Watching my grandson play basketball and baseball, which to me is better than any Rockets or Astro's game! I'm one of those 100% football fans. The other pro sports don't interest me much.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #9
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm into football through the Super Bowl because it's football. I'm not big into the off-season stuff though. I'm interested of course, it's just that I don't care for the months of who are we going to draft, what FA will we sign, etc. I don't follow college football enough to know about draft picks anyway, but I will try and do a little homework with that. But it's basically wake me up when training camp starts with regards to anything football related.

As for what I do 'til then, with the Olympics and World Cup this year, I'll get into some of that. For the Olympics is "sporting" events for me. You know, events that have a score or a time or distance to beat. None of the judged crap like figure skating and such.

Don't care for soccer but if I'm in some kind of pool at work or something, I'll get into the World Cup a little.

Other than that, the usual for me is Rockets, March Madness, Astros, big into fantasy baseball, NHL playoffs, rugby at BBVA in June, and that will get me through 'til football cranks it back up.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #10
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
This year a great year for international competition. In hockey the Winter Olympics start next month and in soccer the World Cup is this summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
NHL, golf, NASCAR, and baseball. I would watch more basketball but the Rockets are rarely shown in these parts. Golf, I'll be playing for than watching, but I will do both. And as Hook 'em said, this year's Olympic hockey will be extra gravy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
big into fantasy baseball,
You guys nailed it for me. February has the Winter Olympics & the Super Bowl, March has March Madness, Baseball starts in April, the draft in May and the World Cup starts in June. This should be a sports filled off-season for me.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #11
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
You guys nailed it for me. February has the Winter Olympics & the Super Bowl, March has March Madness, Baseball starts in April, the draft in May and the World Cup starts in June. This should be a sports filled off-season for me.
This looks like my offseason too. Rockets are having a fantastic season and Harden is looking like an elite closer, so that will be fun to watch.
Old 01-17-2014   #12
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51147 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Off season?

I do what I always do. Church and Message Boards. Neither are going anywhere. At least until the rapture...

Even then, few will notice a change.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Off season?

I do what I always do. Church and Message Boards. Neither are going anywhere. At least until the rapture...

Even then, few will notice a change.
Please keep religion and politics to the No Spin Zone.
Old 01-17-2014   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm an NFL fan. Other sports do not interest me unless it's my kids playing them.

I'll be doing a lot of camping with scouts, a lot of jamming with my band, hopefully mix in a little paintball, and finding other productive stuff around the house to cram in before pre-season arrives in August.
Old 01-17-2014   #16
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully I will be hanging out with T_B

Watchng the NY Rangers play will be my sport of choice until the draft, then I will engage in the NFL again.. until then, I do not care about it.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I'll still follow all sports, primarily football.

But, I'll be working on projects around the house and lake house, as well as doing a lot of fishing here shortly.
Old 01-17-2014   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

What are you doing this offseason?

I wait. Football news is sparse but I will survive. Free agency, The Draft, OTA's, more Free agency, Training Camp, Football..... rinse and repeat until I'm gone.
Old 01-17-2014   #19
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Right now, paying attention to the Seahawks since that's all I hear about anymore here.

After that, getting ready for the Sounders season, maybe some traveling, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #20
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be doing more skiing on the weekends
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read