Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-11-2014   #361
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rumor: Romeo Crennel Hired as DC ????

It's official!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ve-coordinator
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #362
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post
I didn't see anything concrete in that, unless the rumor is now "official" or something. Don't get me wrong, I am going to love it when and if we hear something real.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #363
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I didn't see anything concrete in that, unless the rumor is now "official" or something. Don't get me wrong, I am going to love it when and if we hear something real.
This is way better than the rumor that started this thread. At that time, the two never met each other.

At least now we know they've met, O'Brien extended an offer, Crennel said he'd like to finish the East West Shrine game first. If nothing else, we have reason to be optimistic. Unless someone offers Romeo a HC job between now 7 the Shrine game.
Old 01-12-2014   #364
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I could have sworn that there was an article on HT.com that announced that Crennel agreed to the DC job..........but now I can't find it anymore??????
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #365
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I could have sworn that there was an article on HT.com that announced that Crennel agreed to the DC job..........but now I can't find it anymore??????
Prob the media just making a rumor a fact, so they might of taken it down.
Old 01-12-2014   #366
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
These are the only two things I've seen from McClain on this. Didn't see an article earlier, but there is one today.

Quote:
1d
John McClain @McClain_on_NFL
I expect the Texans to hire Romeo Crennel as DC but nothing's official. I'll be surprised if Mike Munchak isn't the next O line coach.
Quote:
1h
Texans waiting on Munchak's decision; Crennel expected to join as defensive coordinator:
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...e-coordinator/
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #367
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Likely did. Probably got un-hidden for a little bit while being staged on the site for publication. Done deal.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2014   #368
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
These are the only two things I've seen from McClain on this. Didn't see an article earlier, but there is one today.
Fail on my part. For some reason I thought you were talking about the chronicle...
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #369
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post

Quote:
1h
Texans waiting on Munchak's decision; Crennel expected to join as defensive coordinator:
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...e-coordinator
I'm thinking that right now Ken Whisenhunt's inability to accept a position may be slowing down several coaching decisions around the NFL. It will be interesting to see if the Lions (and others too I guess) continue to wait on him if the Chargers were to win today. It sounds like Munchak may be towards the top of the Lions list if Whisenhunt for one reason or another doesn't end up being their guy, so I would guess nothing will be totally final with our O-Line coach situation until after Detroit's got a new HC.
Old 01-12-2014   #370
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

A couple days ago the Texans official website report Crennel as hired but has since then taken that article down.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...b-cae7206d471b
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #371
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Oh-oh.... what's that in his hand?

Sheet music.
Romeo is obviously in the studio rehearsing for American Idol.
He's done with all this football foolishness.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #372
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114521 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I'm thinking that right now Ken Whisenhunt's inability to accept a position may be slowing down several coaching decisions around the NFL. It will be interesting to see if the Lions (and others too I guess) continue to wait on him if the Chargers were to win today. It sounds like Munchak may be towards the top of the Lions list if Whisenhunt for one reason or another doesn't end up being their guy, so I would guess nothing will be totally final with our O-Line coach situation until after Detroit's got a new HC.
Or this:

Quote:
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 10h
While Ken Whisenhunt is odds-on favorite to pick his next team as HC, Mike Munchak "surprised" Lions with strong interview. Don't ignore
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #373
Steal Your Face
Rookie

Section: 119
Rep Power: 857 Steal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Prior to his injury, Newton was doing a fine job replacing Winston. We were 11-1 until then.
The Texans were doing a fine job of overcoming Newton's shortcomings and were 11-1. But, regardless of record, Derek Newton was not doing a "fine job".
Steal Your Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #374
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steal Your Face View Post
The Texans were doing a fine job of overcoming Newton's shortcomings and were 11-1. But, regardless of record, Derek Newton was not doing a "fine job".
Newton has to be one of the worst OTs i have seen in the NFL in a while. Once O'Brien sees the game film i am sure he will be looking for him a replacment next season.
Old 01-13-2014   #375
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Newton has to be one of the worst OTs i have seen in the NFL in a while. Once O'Brien sees the game film i am sure he will be looking for him a replacment next season.
I think Newton comes in to compete for a roster spot. He has ability, but his technique is screwed up right now. Considering that a lot of our O-Lineman haven't developed like they should I wouldn't mind seeing what O'Brien and his staff could do with him. Do I want him starting again though? HELL NO!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #376
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Worst since Victor Riley. He is soooo bad. No power plus slow feet equals terrible.
Old 01-13-2014   #377
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Worst since Victor Riley. He is soooo bad. No power plus slow feet equals terrible.
Worse than Seth Wand?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #378
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Hothy View Post
Worse than Seth Wand?
By far.
Old 01-13-2014   #379
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

By far. Newton was...just....infuriatingly bad. Not that the team wasn't overall, but he especially.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #380
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard this used to describe Crennel

"Hiring Romeo will bring a calming influence to the Texans defense"

Calmer than Wade "Pillsbury Doughboy" Phillips?
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read