Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2014   #241
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 8368 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rumor: Romeo Crennel Hired as DC ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Its Wikipedia.
Oh I know, i just wanted to share the laugh I had when i read that. Bad with wording and tone , ha, what can I say?!!!!
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #242
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Romeo Crennel is in Houston today interviewing for the DC position according to Mark Berman
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #243
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Romeo Crennel is in Houston today interviewing for the DC position according to Mark Berman

santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #244
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Crennel would be a good hire, I hope this happens.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #245
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Romeo is a decent head coach and a hell of a defensive coordinator. He's like Capers. As a Head Coach he's crap but as a DC he's got skills.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #246
GoCoogs
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it a little weird that he already put some of the positional coaches in place on defense before he hired the DC?

I don't know maybe that's normal, just seems a little weird to me.
GoCoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #247
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCoogs View Post
Is it a little weird that he already put some of the positional coaches in place on defense before he hired the DC?

who has been hired, other than Kollar being retained?
Old 01-08-2014   #248
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCoogs View Post

Bringing in a handful of guys from college does not equate with hiring position coaches on behalf of the unnamed DC... I doubt he promised guys like Butler anything more than a job and a certain amount of money... He could end up coaching ST, being special assitant o O'Brien, etc...

From what I've seen, Kollar is the only coach that was likely promised a specific roll on defense, and I'm sure Crennel approved of that move before it happened.
Old 01-08-2014   #249
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115041 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Bringing in a handful of guys from college does not equate with hiring position coaches on behalf of the unnamed DC... I doubt he promised guys like Butler anything more than a job and a certain amount of money... He could end up coaching ST, being special assitant o O'Brien, etc...

From what I've seen, Kollar is the only coach that was likely promised a specific roll on defense, and I'm sure Crennel approved of that move before it happened.
Im pretty sure Romeo had input on all these hires beforehand. This was just his first chance to fly down from coaching the Shrine Game
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #250
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Im pretty sure Romeo had input on all these hires beforehand. This was just his first chance to fly down from coaching the Shrine Game
Still trying to learn what hires? I have seen nothing official except the announcement that Kollar would be retained
Old 01-08-2014   #251
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Still trying to learn what hires? I have seen nothing official except the announcement that Kollar would be retained
They're assumed hires. A bunch of people that were on O'Brien's staff submitted their resignations to PSU. It's hardly a stretch to assume they'll be hired by the Texans. Some of them are defensive coaches.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #252
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
They're assumed hires. A bunch of people that were on O'Brien's staff submitted their resignations to PSU. It's hardly a stretch to assume they'll be hired by the Texans. Some of them are defensive coaches.

Thanks, and they probably will but all we have at this point are rumors and assumptions?

They could have left PSU just because they were just as sick of the JoePa supporters crap as BOB was

My point is that sometimes these assumptions take over and become as fact long before anything is really known.

remember that to assume is making an ass of u and me
Old 01-08-2014   #253
GoCoogs
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respectedGoCoogs is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he had already hired some defensive coaches from Penn State. I guess the only one was Butler. My bad on the assumption.
GoCoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #254
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197817 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Don;t know if this was posted.

Quote:
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 2d
They were together in NE RT @Gil_Brandt: Have been told Bill O'Brien will hire Brian Ferentz as his OL coach w #Texans.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #255
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197817 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

McClain:

Quote:
Home McClain Robertson Smith Voices Stats Fan gear Tickets Sports
Romeo Crennel interviewing this morning for Texans defensive coordinator job
Posted on January 8, 2014 at 10:02 am by John McClain in General
Share this:Email99Print0
Romeo Crennel did not coach during the 2013 season. (Chris Graythen/Getty Images)New Texans coach Bill O’Brien is interviewing Romeo Crennel this morning to become his first defensive coordinator.

Crennel, 66, has been pursued by O’Brien since O’Brien was hired by the Texans last week.

Crennel, who won five Super Bowl titles as an assistant with the Giants and Patriots, didn’t work this season after being fired as Kansas
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #256
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Crennel, who won five Super Bowl titles as an assistant with the Giants and Patriots,...
=
Old 01-08-2014   #257
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
McClain:
Quote:
Romeo Crennel did not coach during the 2013 season. (Chris Graythen/Getty Images)New Texans coach Bill O’Brien is interviewing Romeo Crennel this morning to become his first defensive coordinator.

Crennel, 66, has been pursued by O’Brien since O’Brien was hired by the Texans last week.

Crennel, who won five Super Bowl titles as an assistant with the Giants and Patriots, didn’t work this season after being fired as Kansas

dammit Heart!
STOP that!!!

Must.
not.
get.
hopes.
up.
AGAIN!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #258
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
McClain:

Quote:

Romeo is undoubtedly a large man, but I'm pretty sure he has never been employed as the state of Kansas.
Old 01-08-2014   #259
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Thanks, and they probably will but all we have at this point are rumors and assumptions?

They could have left PSU just because they were just as sick of the JoePa supporters crap as BOB was

My point is that sometimes these assumptions take over and become as fact long before anything is really known.

remember that to assume is making an ass of u and me
MB's would be rather boring without rumors and assumptions.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #260
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
MB's would be rather boring without rumors and assumptions.
yep coming to a sports MB and not expect rumors and assumptions is making an ass..oh never mind.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read